watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

International Fulham, November Edition

Started by CanadianCottager, November 14, 2013, 10:46:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CanadianCottager

Mostly friendlies this month so some regulars have been rested, please let me know if I leave anyone out:

Kacaniklic (Sweden): @ Portugal 15/11 , vs. Portugal 19/11
Kaca will play in the most attractive of the UEFA playoffs against Portugal. A regular starter for Sweden in the previous round, he will likely see action for Sweden. Having scored against Germany last month, he may yet steal some of the spotlight from Ibrahimovic and Cristiano Ronaldo with a similar performance. 

Karagounis (Greece): vs. Romania 15/11, @ Romania 19/11
The Greek captain will have to be at his best if the Greeks are to make their second straight World Cup. A bit of a surprise package, Romania saw off the likes of Turkey and Hungary in the previous round, so they will likely provide a stern test to Karagounis and co.

Dejagah (Iran): @Thailand 15/11, @ Lebanon 19/11
Sitting on top of their Asian Cup qualification group with 7 points, Iran will face a grueling trip across the Asian continent for two away matches. 2 wins will secure their spot at Australia 2015. As a regular starter in Iran's successful World Cup qualification campaign, Dejagah is likely to start.

Stekelenberg (Netherlands): vs. Japan 16/11, vs. Colombia 19/11
Having been dropped from the successful Dutch qualification campaign in the last few months, Stekelenberg has returned to the side for these two fixtures. These matches could be key for Stekelenberg if he is to secure an important role in the Dutch squad for Brasil 2014.

Senderos and Kasami (Switzerland): @ Korea Republic 15/11
A friendly against fellow World Cup qualifiers Korea will provide an opportunity for the veteran Senderos and recent debutant Kasami to secure their tickets to Brazil, as well as making a case for a spot in the Swiss XI.

Hughes (Northern Ireland): @Turkey 15/11
At age 34 and having missed out on Brazil 2014, this friendly against Turkey could well be one of Hughes' last-ever international games.

Zverotic (Montenegro): @Luxembourg 17/11
Zverotic and Montenegro will look to put last month's disappointing elimination in their maiden qualifying campaign behind them as they take on minnows Luxembourg.

Schedule of Matches (all times GMT):
15th
11 AM Korea Rep. vs. Switzerland
12 PM Thailand vs. Iran
7 PM Turkey vs. N. Ireland
7:45 PM Greece vs. Romania; Portugal vs. Sweden
16th
12:15 PM
17th
?? Luxembourg vs. Montenegro
19th
3:30 PM Lebanon vs. Iran
7 PM Romania vs. Greece
7:30 PM Netherlands vs. Colombia
7:45 PM Sweden vs. Portugal

cmg

Of the younger players:

Jesse Joronen (Finland) and Liam Donnelly (N. Ireland) were on the wrong end of 0-3 defeats by England and Italy respectively in the UEFA u21 competition.

Lasse Vigen Cristensen is in Bulgaria with Denmark u21

George Williams and Jordan Evans featured in Wales u19 defeat in Georgia and are currently involved in a 0-0 with Holland.

Marek Rodak, who I had thought might have been injured, was, in fact in the UAE with the Slovakia u17 World Cup squad.

callumc513

CanadianCottager

Korea Republic 2 - Switzerland 1
Kasami started and scored Switzerland's only goal on 7 minutes with a cool finish outside the box following some nice footwork, his first senior international goal and came off on 71 minutes with the score 1-1. Senderos came on at the half as a substitute with the score 0-1 and played the entire second half.

Kasami's goal (0:25 onwards)
2013.11.15 [Friendly Match] Korea Republic VS Switzerland - First Half H/L

Korea's goals:
South Korea 2 - 1 Switzerland All Goals & Highlights 15.11.2013

CanadianCottager

Thailand 0 - Iran 3
Dejagah played all 90 minutes and opened the scoring with a well-taken left footed strike from 20 yards out that blazed past the keeper. He was very active and also participated in the second goal as Iran continued their impressive unbeaten record in all competitive fixtures of 2013. A victory in Lebanon on the 19th will ensure that Iran qualify to the Asian Cup as well as ending they year unbeaten in competitive matches.

GOALS | Thailand - Iran | 11/15/2013 [ACQ - 2015]

MikeCdawg

Fulham1959

Only first half shown above  -  but a great shot/goal from Kasami !

Northern Cottager

He is the star of our season and the only good that's come out of it so far! Brilliant talent.

MikeCdawg

Apologies, I didn't see Canadian Cottager's "International Fulham, November Edition" thread.

Rudolph

Hangeland's Norway leeked goals galore in qualifying rounds and Switzerland didn't, hence qualification. I didn't see the gleeful reporting of this on here. Disliking your own players who are on international duty is pretty poor form if you ask me.

epsomraver

Quote from: Rudolph on November 15, 2013, 05:59:30 PM
Hangeland's Norway leeked goals galore in qualifying rounds and Switzerland didn't, hence qualification. I didn't see the gleeful reporting of this on here. Disliking your own players who are on international duty is pretty poor form if you ask me.

Oh dear defending big Phil yet again, a thankless task you will find out  one day

Jags

Hopefully the new coach helps reinstate the Hangeland/Hughes partnership & ship out Senderos in January.

Bassey the warrior

Nice goal from Kasami though. So pleased he made his debut whilst being a Fulham player.

The Old Count

Quote from: mikecdawg-ffc on November 15, 2013, 04:27:10 PM
Kasami scores and Senderos beaten in the air from you guessed it, a corner!

Korea Republic VS Switzerland ( 2-1 ) [Friendly Match] (H) Goals & Highlights HD 720p|15.11.2013

Senderos was not the man marking the scorer, that was the player behind who let the Korean player come in front.

Your dislike of him is vaguely irrational.  Did Phil have a go on your missus or something?

The Old Count

Quote from: epsomraver on November 15, 2013, 06:03:55 PM

Oh dear defending big Phil yet again, a thankless task you will find out  one day

Shame on you Epsom for jumping on the bandwagon to have a go at our players. In this instance, as is the case with many, Phil has been hard done by.

I do agree with a lot of your posts but not this one.

jmh

Quote from: Jags on November 15, 2013, 07:52:57 PM
Hopefully the new coach helps reinstate the Hangeland/Hughes partnership & ship out Senderos in January.
Why?  Everyone seem to be all about criticizing Jol for not accomplishing his stated goal of making the team younger, but then when there are growing pains everyone wants to pick a scapegoat and go back to the guys who are past their best.

epsomraver

Quote from: The Old Count on November 15, 2013, 08:21:04 PM

Shame on you Epsom for jumping on the bandwagon to have a go at our players. In this instance, as is the case with many, Phil has been hard done by.

Mate, every time Senderos gets mentioned Rudolph comes along defending the indefensible and slagging off Hughes and Hangeland in the process, that is what I cannot abide, like it or not Senderos cannot and will never have the ability to read the game as well as Hughes does.

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: epsomraver on November 15, 2013, 10:19:39 PM
Quote from: The Old Count on November 15, 2013, 08:21:04 PM

Mate, every time Senderos gets mentioned Rudolph comes along defending the indefensible and slagging off Hughes and Hangeland in the process, that is what I cannot abide, like it or not Senderos cannot and will never have the ability to read the game as well as Hughes does.

Very true. Still, in fairness Senderos is stronger, better at passing and better in the air. Both have their own qualities. Both aren't amazing.

IranianCottager

Apparently Dejagah played a great 90 minutes today for Iran and was probably our best player - looking like his sharp old-self. Also, nice to see him scoring too, and what a beautiful goal it was.

With him coming back into top shape like he was last season, then what wonderful news for both Iran and Fulham.