News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

U 21s yesterday . Who in the 1st team did not play and not on international duty

Started by Riverside, November 15, 2013, 01:17:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riverside

U 21s (?) yesterday . How many 1st team did not play that are not on international duty or injured ? And why ?

Looking as though Rene wanted to have a good look at the squad

Fulham: Stockdale (Etheridge 46); Riether (Passley 46), Grimmer, Amorebieta (Arthurworrey 59), Richardson (Riise 46); Duff (Richards 59), Boateng, Parker (Minkwitz 59), Plumain (Na Bangna 46); Taarabt (Della Verde 84); Bent (Dembele 59)

Internationals - Steks , Senderos , Hughes , Zverotic , Kasami , Kaca , Karagounis , Dejegah ?
Injured -  Briggs , Rodellega

Hangeland - is he is the Norway squad or still injured ?

Ruiz ?
Sidwell ?
Berbatov ?

Have I missed anyone ?

Big Martin Jol

Neither Hangeland or Ruiz have been called up and both are captains of their country so I'd guess they're out.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Big Martin Jol on November 15, 2013, 01:44:45 PM
Neither Hangeland or Ruiz have been called up and both are captains of their country so I'd guess they're out.

And both should be out. Let 'em take as much of this two weeks to rest their bodies and get treatment.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Riverside

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on November 15, 2013, 02:38:15 PM
Quote from: Big Martin Jol on November 15, 2013, 01:44:45 PM

And both should be out. Let 'em take as much of this two weeks to rest their bodies and get treatment.

Agree 100% re Hangeland and Ruiz

Not surprised Berba did not play ( though would have liked him to step off the pedestal and muck in )

But that leaves only Sidwell missing - anyone any idea why or where he was ?
I would like Rene to have a good look at all the midfield options .

jmh

Quote from: Riverside on November 15, 2013, 03:30:46 PM
Not surprised Berba did not play ( though would have liked him to step off the pedestal and muck in )
If we accept your suggestion that this lineup was about Meulensteen seeing the squad in action, then perhaps Berbatov not playing doesn't have anything to do with a "pedestal" but rather is simply because Meulensteen has coached Berba before and knows what he has to offer?

epsomraver

Quote from: jmh on November 15, 2013, 05:32:51 PM
If we accept your suggestion that this lineup was about Meulensteen seeing the squad in action, then perhaps Berbatov not playing doesn't have anything to do with a "pedestal" but rather is simply because Meulensteen has coached Berba before and knows what he has to offer?

I can answer that, first word rhymes with truck the second word rhymes with ball

bobby01

Quote from: epsomraver on November 15, 2013, 05:45:19 PM
Quote from: jmh on November 15, 2013, 05:32:51 PM

I can answer that, first word rhymes with truck the second word rhymes with ball

:plus one:
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

YoungsBitter

Looking at the interview with Jol video Hangeland and Sidwell trained Friday. I think conscious decision was taken in Palace game to try some people out and let Meulenstein have a look. He does not need to look at Berba so no sense to play him, he knows from his days at Old Trafford exactly what you get with the Berb. The key for me was that Boateng played 90 mins in mid with Parker for a half and then Ronny Minkwitz. Also Tarabt and Bent played reasonable periods (84 and 65 mins). The other key was at the training on Friday Jol was nowhere to be seen and Rene was not just ambling along but actively coaching - there is a novelty...
Quark, strangeness and charm

Bobby2012

Quote from: Riverside on November 15, 2013, 01:17:53 PM
U 21s (?) yesterday . How many 1st team did not play that are not on international duty or injured ? And why ?

Looking as though Rene wanted to have a good look at the squad

Fulham: Stockdale (Etheridge 46); Riether (Passley 46), Grimmer, Amorebieta (Arthurworrey 59), Richardson (Riise 46); Duff (Richards 59), Boateng, Parker (Minkwitz 59), Plumain (Na Bangna 46); Taarabt (Della Verde 84); Bent (Dembele 59)

Internationals - Steks , Senderos , Hughes , Zverotic , Kasami , Kaca , Karagounis , Dejegah ?
Injured -  Briggs , Rodellega

Hangeland - is he is the Norway squad or still injured ?

Ruiz ?
Sidwell ?
Berbatov ?

Have I missed anyone ?

Chris David?