A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham close in on deal to sign Man United pair: Poll

Started by ross_bamping, November 17, 2013, 09:58:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who would you rather have as the 2 domestic loans?

Bent & Taarabt
22 (20.4%)
Zaha & Anderson
86 (79.6%)

Total Members Voted: 103

ross_bamping

Fulham close in on deal to sign Man United pair
Fulham will reportedly use the appointment of former Manchester United coach Rene Meulensteen as a head coach at Craven Cottage to help the West London side to secure the services of a pair of Old Trafford talents according to the Daily Express.

Fulham have started the season poorly and sit in the relegation zone but Martin Jol will hope the presence of Meulensteen could help the club to snap up midfielder Anderson and young winger Wilfried Zaha on loan deals in January.

Brazilian Anderson is very much surplus to requirements but efforts to sell the 25 year old have failed but a temporary exit would at least help to lessen the impact of the player's reported £90k a week pay packet and a move to Fulham could act as a useful shop window at the same time.

Zaha is a target for both Everton and Newcastle United, with both sides considering bids to sign the England man on a permanent basis, though David Moyes is thought to be open to only a loan switch for the former Crystal Palace man, who is still awaiting his Man United Premier League debut.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2013/11/16/fulham-close-in-on-deal-to-sign-man-united-pair/

As you can only have 2 domestic loans, I don't know how this would happen. I can only assume that Taarabt and Bent are returning to QPR/Villa. Personally, I'd have Zaha and Anderson over Bent and Taarabt. Bent is lazy and quite useless and Taarabt is lazy and unfit.
Yes, what I say may be seen as 'overdone' or 'harsh', and to be honest I don't care. Please, feel free to argue your case, but remember, I won't back down.

Berserker

Zaha and Anderson but can' t complete a poll using Tapatalk
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

TonyGilroy

Against the rules to loan two players from the same club.

We can only have two domestic loanees at the same time.

But don't let me interrupt the discussion.

the nutflush

Quote from: TonyGilroy on November 17, 2013, 10:09:07 AM

Against the rules to loan two players from the same club.

We can only have two domestic loanees at the same time.

But don't let me interrupt the discussion.

Dont let the truth get in the way of a good press story. 

Zaha please.  Send Taarabt back to red nose. 

ross_bamping

Could possibly be signing Anderson and loaning Zaha.
Yes, what I say may be seen as 'overdone' or 'harsh', and to be honest I don't care. Please, feel free to argue your case, but remember, I won't back down.

TonyGilroy

Quote from: ross_bamping on November 17, 2013, 10:39:01 AM
Could possibly be signing Anderson and loaning Zaha.

Could be doing all sorts but we ain't doing what this report claims we're doing

Mr K.Dilkington

I'd rather stick with Bent and Taarabt. Bent's scored a few already and it's not like there is goals throughout the team. It's a shame though that Taarabt is clearly unfit, meaning we're unlikely to see the best of him at any point.
Foolish ham

bobby01

and so all the lazy journalist stories linking us to utd players commences
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

nose

for whaat it's worth I had the misfortune to see palace a few times whilst zaha was playing for them and whilst he looked Okish in that division, it seemed to me he was one of the great overated players... he dives alot and seems to endlessly moan to the ref and he is a bit sly and nasty, spending far too long trying to get players booked and at the same time hurting them with off the ball digs and kicks......

epsomraver

Hope neither Jol or Rene have any daughters if we bring Zaha in, wondered why he is not playing?

cmg

These journos know how to get round the regulations.

"OK Darren, Adel. Just slip your feet into these bags of wet cement. We're going for a nice trip down the river......Mmm. On second thoughts, Adel, perhaps you wont need the cement."

Jims Dentist

:016:A :hook:After seeing Zaha's " performance " for England U21 on Thursday I would rather he went to Newcastle ( who are also chasing him ). There were lots of tricks, but no urgency or end product.
If Newcastle do get him, perhaps we should approach them to ask if we can have Sammy Ameobi, who plays the same role, but IMO is a far better player.

valdeingruo

I would go for Anderson on a permanent, he is exactly what we need at the moment.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Craven Mad

Unfortunately, Bent and Tarbs ain't what we need right now. Bent and Berba are enormously ineffective strikers, and (perhaps arguably) don't put in enough effort (I'd rather see Hugo/Dembele in the squad right now).

Anderson will be desperate to prove himself, and has a great range of passing. Zaha is an enormous talent, and would bring some much needed pace to the wing.

Stek
Reither - Hughes - Hangers - Rich        
        Parker/Sid - Anderson
    Zaha -  Kas/Bryan  -  Kaca
               Berba/Hugo

Plus 1/2 transfers and it'd be better than what we have right now. Ideally, we'd then want a new CB (Burn?), LB (Buttner?), and CF (bit old, but Defoe?)

Craven Mad

Aaron

I heard we're going to sign Messi and Ronaldo as cover for Berbatov.. The Ronaldo link is obvious of course, but few people realise that RM and Messi once had a conversation about the quality of the Bombay Mix in the LHR T5 executive lounge which led to a "gentleman's agreement" between the two whereby Messi would move to Fulham whenever RM took the reigns.

David Allen Crankshaw

Bent and Taarabt are here for the season so the story makes no sense if we are only allowed two loanees.

Craven Mad

Quote from: David Allen Crankshaw on November 17, 2013, 04:19:50 PM
Bent and Taarabt are here for the season so the story makes no sense if we are only allowed two loanees.

Come jan I think we can return them. It's uncommon, but (I believe) possible.

valdeingruo

Quote from: Aaron on November 17, 2013, 03:14:41 PM
I heard we're going to sign Messi and Ronaldo as cover for Berbatov.. The Ronaldo link is obvious of course, but few people realise that RM and Messi once had a conversation about the quality of the Bombay Mix in the LHR T5 executive lounge which led to a "gentleman's agreement" between the two whereby Messi would move to Fulham whenever RM took the reigns.

Well now youve done it! Didnt you know the terms of this gentleman's agreement were considered null and void upon being posted on a message board?
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Aaron

Quote from: andersons11 on November 17, 2013, 04:29:52 PM
Quote from: Aaron on November 17, 2013, 03:14:41 PM

Well now youve done it! Didnt you know the terms of this gentleman's agreement were considered null and void upon being posted on a message board?

Argh!! Sorry lads, I appear to have done us a disservice there!