News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who is your least favourite Fulham player?

Started by Frankie-Peter Taylor, November 18, 2013, 09:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twig

MJG

Maybe it should not be 'least fav' but 'overrated player' in the current squad. The one player who gets all the plaudits but if you actually watch him closely he's ok, but not that great.

Can you guess who I'm thinking about?

Count Berbatov

Sidwell.

And by the way, I don't get it. Most of you say this thread is negative, yet the whole forum is full of negative threads. Lately about Berbatov and Jol and always about Senderos.

Nothing wrong with expressing an opinion.
For me, Sidwell isn't bringing much more than running around like you know. He got lucky with a couple of goals, but he takes up a spot, someone more creative like Karagounis should be filling in. Or a youngster, or... Anderson from MU? ;)
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

grandad

Quote from: Craven Mad on November 18, 2013, 10:59:41 PM
Quote from: Max Headroom on November 18, 2013, 10:55:25 PM
What a dreadful negative thread

Here here.

There's nothing constructive about this thread - just spreading discontent.

:plus one: 092.gif
Where there's a will there's a wife

DukeTyrion

Michael Brown

It is a smear on our history that he was ever allowed to wear the Fulham shirt.

Konchesky #3

Quote from: Herbie on November 18, 2013, 10:51:39 PM
Riise for me; his time in a Fulham shirt, unfortunately for us, came 10 years too late

+1

Would be great to have picked him up at 27-28 yo even. He isnt up to pace like he used to be and it shows. Shame great player!

the nutflush

Quote from: King_Crud on November 19, 2013, 09:10:35 AM
Quote from: the nutflush on November 19, 2013, 02:36:09 AM
Ahmad Elrich?

Ahmad Elrich is now in prison in Australia

Yes and his brother should be locked up for impersonating a professional footballer too. 

rusty shackleford

I dont hate any of them, but the one who makes me groan with indifference when i see him on the team sheet is Richardson

MJG

Lets end this argument right here

Mark Cooper

Close Thread

rusty shackleford

I thought this was current player. All time least favourite is Michael brown

EJL

Quote from: The Old Count on November 19, 2013, 07:31:20 AM
Quote from: Frankie-Peter Taylor on November 18, 2013, 10:45:06 PM
Quote from: Aaron on November 18, 2013, 10:36:43 PM
Sidwell hate amazes me.

Works hard, scores goals, everyone hates him..  Go figure.

Working hard means nothing, it's thinking hard that's the key thing. His mental ability on the pitch is so slow, he leaves Scott Parker on his own so frequently.

He's technically limited too. You can work as hard if you want but if you simply do not have the ability, it's pointless.

Also, I don't hate him, I'd just rather he wasn't here.

I'm baffled by the abuse Sidwell gets on here.
Roy rated him as did Mourinho, O'Neil, Coppel and a few others. Jol rates him, Rene probably does.  Yet we have people on this board who know better than they do.   Odd that the people who actually work in the game think he's good and those that don't think he's rubbish.
Even if Roy rated Sidwell, it's not really relevant, seeing as Sparky was in charge when he signed. I said the same before to you but ended up getting a blunt response, haha.

Has FPT deactivated his account yet again? He seems to do it every couple of months...

The Old Count

Quote from: EJL on November 19, 2013, 01:41:48 PM
Sidwell hate amazes me.

Works hard, scores goals, everyone hates him..  Go figure.

Working hard means nothing, it's thinking hard that's the key thing. His mental ability on the pitch is so slow, he leaves Scott Parker on his own so frequently.

He's technically limited too. You can work as hard if you want but if you simply do not have the ability, it's pointless.

Roy rated him as did Mourinho, O'Neil, Coppel and a few others. Jol rates him, Rene probably does.  Yet we have people on this board who know better than they do.   Odd that the people who actually work in the game think he's good and those that don't think he's rubbish.
Even if Roy rated Sidwell, it's not really relevant, seeing as Sparky was in charge when he signed. I said the same before to you but ended up getting a blunt response, haha.

Has FPT deactivated his account yet again? He seems to do it every couple of months...

Thanks for reminding me about Hughes rating Sidwell as well.  

Why isn't it relevant that Roy rated him. Is someone only allowed to rate a player if they signed them or they played under them?

EJL

Quote from: The Old Count on November 19, 2013, 03:43:03 PM
Sidwell hate amazes me.

Roy rated him as did Mourinho, O'Neil, Coppel and a few others. Jol rates him, Rene probably does.  Yet we have people on this board who know better than they do.   Odd that the people who actually work in the game think he's good and those that don't think he's rubbish.

Why isn't it relevant that Roy rated him. Is someone only allowed to rate a player if they signed them or they played under them?
Maybe if they publicly came out and said they did? Hodgson was probably halfway to Liverpool when the Sidwell rumours first surfaced.

LordNelson

"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

Stefano Okaka Chuka

My least favourite player at the moment is Bryan Ruiz. I mean I could easily bash Senderos who is clearly not good enough for the league we are in, but Ruiz could be good enough, it is just that he is too soft and he doesn't try hard enough.
Oh and to the people slagging off Sidders, that's utter madness, he's one of the few players who has stand out in the last couple of seasons and he provided some moments of absolute quality while delivering alway 110%. Also he is possibly the most vocal player we have and boy, we do need them.
She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!

aaronmcguigan

There will always be players I get frustrated with through various spells, or throughout the whole time they are here, but once they sign for the club I support, I support them, regardless of their form, their skill, their wage. They are FFC and so am I.
Surely frustratio creeps in, especially when we are where we are in the league, and no doubt this is where the creation of the thread stemmed from, but all Fulham players get my full support when they wear the shirt.

The Old Count

Quote from: EJL on November 19, 2013, 05:23:22 PM
Quote from: The Old Count on November 19, 2013, 03:43:03 PM
Sidwell hate amazes me.

Maybe if they publicly came out and said they did? Hodgson was probably halfway to Liverpool when the Sidwell rumours first surfaced.

On his way to the tin tack by the Scousers probably.

Sorry about the previous blunt response. I don't actually remember it. I blame it on Jol. 

Pluto

The Equalizer

Everyone has their favourites and least favourite players. We've already had a thread asking for favourite current player, so why not have the balance?

I find it constructive enough to voice an opinion on my favourite player, I find it less constructive to air a view about the value of someone else's opinion on a thread which has value of opinion. In my opinion.

Anyway, bollocks to all that and all those who commented on the negativity of this thread.

What was the question? I'm pretty sure Berbatov is the answer. If that's wrong it's definitely Senderos.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc