News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who is your least favourite Fulham player?

Started by Frankie-Peter Taylor, November 18, 2013, 09:05:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankie-Peter Taylor

We've had the favourite debate, so here's for the least favourite.

Mine is Steve Sidwell, seeing him be a starter just two seasons after we had Murphy, Dembele, Diarra and Etuhu. Heck, you could even chuck Chris Baird ahead of him. To be honest with you, I would rather we had Baird next to Parker than Sidwell.

ToodlesMcToot

For me, pointing out a player as my least favorite feels like saying that I dislike them. There isn't a player that I dislike on this team.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

fulhamfan

EJL

I don't get how you can consider Sidwell your 'least favourite'. I get not wanting certain players in the team if they don't fill a need or suit the playstyle, but Sidwell is one of the hardest working members of the squad, even if he shouldn't be a starter.

Aaron

Sidwell hate amazes me.

Works hard, scores goals, everyone hates him..  Go figure.

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Quote from: Aaron on November 18, 2013, 10:36:43 PM
Sidwell hate amazes me.

Works hard, scores goals, everyone hates him..  Go figure.

Working hard means nothing, it's thinking hard that's the key thing. His mental ability on the pitch is so slow, he leaves Scott Parker on his own so frequently.

He's technically limited too. You can work as hard if you want but if you simply do not have the ability, it's pointless.

Also, I don't hate him, I'd just rather he wasn't here.

Herbie

Riise for me; his time in a Fulham shirt, unfortunately for us, came 10 years too late

RidgeRider

Sidwell hate amazes me.

I don't. I, like you, don't get the Sidwell scapegoat mentality. He plays hard, tackles, scores a few goals, has his limitations but does nothing that I can see to make him a player to dislike.

RidgeRider

Perhaps he is just misunderstood, but I have not warmed up to Taraabt. I didn't like the way he played at QPR, even when he would occasionally do something amazing, it just wasn't enough. I, like many of you, have trouble with players who don't work their butts off. Haven't warmed up to Bent either.

Max Headroom

Craven Mad

Quote from: Max Headroom on November 18, 2013, 10:55:25 PM
What a dreadful negative thread

Here here.

There's nothing constructive about this thread - just spreading discontent.

Jack Fulham

He suffers abuse because he doesn't have the passing and vision of Murphy or the strength and dribbling of Dembele. The red cards that did happen..... eventually.

Like RR pointed out he has his limitations but he works hard and he cares which is quite uncommon in our team right now. I think he'd be good alongside a Murphy type player but he and Parker are too similar. They're box to box high pressure ball winners. Not creators. In premier league Sidwell should really be your 3rd or 4th choice centre midfielder but sadly our current management have left the position in a dire state desperate for some investment. Was a 33 year old Scott Parker the answer? Possibly not.

The Rock

Please these MF's are fine. Worst player ever?

Richardson, easy answer.

And he is worse than: Kelly, Quedrue, kamara, Healy, and whoever. Eddie Johnson. It's hard to compare pre-2k players after we got promoted 13 years ago etc.

Enter the Frei

Quote from: The Rock on November 19, 2013, 12:55:14 AM

Richardson, easy answer.

And he is worse than: Kelly, Quedrue, kamara, Healy, and whoever. Eddie Johnson. It's hard to compare pre-2k players after we got promoted 13 years ago etc.

really? I mean really?

Deanothefulhamfan

I find the Sidwell bashing funny, it is clear he is identical to Parker so the partnership doesnt work, but Sidwell has played well this season imo, parker started off well but has played poorly recently.. He is no murphy or Dembele, but neither is Parker....Each to their own though

I would have to say Riise.... His comments over the summer, which have resurfaced recently about him demanding to play / wanting to leave etc are unacceptable. He is nowhere near good enough either imo

the nutflush

Richardson, easy answer.

Worse than Seol?  Ahmad Elrich?

farfouille

I don't really like this thread, especially now that we need more positiveness and hope, but that's an opportunity to discuss Senderos once again. 

:005:
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

OldBrownShoe

094.gif  Sadly, a negative and pointless thread (just my opinion).
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

The Old Count

Quote from: Frankie-Peter Taylor on November 18, 2013, 10:45:06 PM
Sidwell hate amazes me.

Working hard means nothing, it's thinking hard that's the key thing. His mental ability on the pitch is so slow, he leaves Scott Parker on his own so frequently.

He's technically limited too. You can work as hard if you want but if you simply do not have the ability, it's pointless.

Also, I don't hate him, I'd just rather he wasn't here.

I'm baffled by the abuse Sidwell gets on here.
Roy rated him as did Mourinho, O'Neil, Coppel and a few others. Jol rates him, Rene probably does.  Yet we have people on this board who know better than they do.   Odd that the people who actually work in the game think he's good and those that don't think he's rubbish.

JBH

Quote from: the nutflush on November 19, 2013, 02:36:09 AM

Richardson, easy answer.

Worse than Seol?  Ahmad Elrich?

Worse than Lee Cook ???