watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

This is no longer Jols fault

Started by Tempest, November 23, 2013, 05:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holders

I like his dry self-deprecating humour. Here in the West Country, we often get quality acts at small venues and, if you're lucky, they sometimes do impromptu sessions at (generally) the pubs they'e staying at. I saw Ally Bain and Phil Cunningham ("Transatlantic Sessions") that way and we've even had the great Hayes and Cahill in the village hall twice. The roof nearly comes off. We had a meal down the pub one day and they came home to tea before the show.

Then, last year they were performing in Bantry as I was passing through and I met them in the street. They even greeted my dog and remembered his name.

This certainly isn't Jol's fault and might even be NFR, by the way, Madam Mod!
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Forever Fulham

How was Hughes' play an improvement over Senderos?   Management has simply doubled down on its earlier decision to put Jol in charge by bringing in Rene to address fitness (and maybe some player motivation) concerns.  But there were no real improvements in the Swansea game.  We were at home and looked like an Away team.  So I think Jol has to go now, and those who convinced Khan that instead of quickly replacing Jol, the club would be well served to simply acquire Rene as "head coach", they must go as well now.  Why should they be insulated another day.  Clean house, Mr.Khan.  They are MAF's people.  Holdover people.  Get them out.  Now.  Save your investment before it becomes worth a quarter of its current value.  Hurry.  With each passing day, the window gets closed a little more.  It's almost shut and locked.  See what the fans see.  It isn't working.  Move quickly.  Hurry. We are way past saving face time.  

Arthur

Quote from: grandad on November 23, 2013, 05:27:30 PM
Resign ourselves to going down & start the rebuilding now.

Don't throw in the towel yet, grandad. It's November. The fact that Meulensteen's arrival did not result in an improved performance yesterday does not mean that we won't see a difference in the weeks and months to come. And there's the January transfer window to try to boost our strike force.

Team selection is important. Above all, in my opinion, Berbatov must be dropped from the team (Yes, even more so than Ruiz). All players' abilities begin to wane at some point and it seems apparent that it's happening to him. The longer we keep him in the side, the poorer will be our chances of turning our season round.