watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

This is no longer Jols fault

Started by Tempest, November 23, 2013, 05:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tempest

From this point onwards, whatever happens to Fulham, which is likely to not be positive, we cannot blame Jol. He shouldn't be here, I know that, you know that, but he is and the reason for that is our gutless board.

if you bring Rene in then dismiss Jol immediately, not have a disjointed management format, struggle through to Christmas then then take action when it may be too late.

I for one will not be joining the Jol out brigade, its goes higher than that, we need a clean sweep of all management (and 3 or 4 "key" players)  leave Rene in place. Admittedly, Rene wouldn't be my choice of manager but as he's here then give him 100% control.

I've asked on a number of occasions what is in this for Khan, I fear an Ernie Clay/Bulstrode situation coming on, the value is not in our club but our ground. And before anyone quotes "listed buildings" that's nothing a match and a little petrol wouldn't sort out. Can't believe that never happened under Al Fayed to be fair.

For me, Khan out.
Live in Falmouth!

jarv

No longer Jol's fault? Really? It is ALL HIS FAULT.
He took over a solid mid table team in need of a few minor changes. He managed to completely destroy the team, you know, the team that had a fortress. The team that played decent football. The team that got to a European final.
I hate the man for what he has done.

fulhamben

Quote from: jarv on November 23, 2013, 05:17:31 PM
No longer Jol's fault? Really? It is ALL HIS FAULT.
He took over a solid mid table team in need of a few minor changes. He managed to completely destroy the team, you know, the team that had a fortress. The team that played decent football. The team that got to a European final.
I hate the man for what he has done.
and yet quite a few on here actually thought we had a good transfer window.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Burt

Jol has had more than enough time to turn things around.

And it isn't working.

It hasn't been working for ages, and still we see a continuation of the same thing. The enjoyment has gone from watching us play.

Time for a change.

grandad

I feel terribly let down. All the hard work over the years has been destroyed over the last 3 years. It´s not just Jol or MAF or Mackintosh or some of our "star" players. It is a combination of everything.Time now for some radical action. Resign ourselves to going down & start the rebuilding now. Don´t wait for the summer, start earmarking our squad for August now.
For the next 4 matches I would bring in many of our youngsters. Dembele, Mesca, David, Tankovic, Williams, Grimmer & Arthurworry. Not all at the same time but blend them in.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Berserker

I'm depressed again
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

epsomraver

Berserker

Especially depressed as Mr B is sat in the Hop pole singing the Hearts anthem to Seven nation's army, I can't repeat all the words as i would be banned but it's along the lies of Oh the Hibies are x$@, oh I remember the days we used to sing it for Zamora

- Martin Luther King Jr.

jarv

Ben, based on nothing but reports and heresay, I thought he brought in a few decent players. I was one who was optimistic. Turned out to be not so good. Bent and Tarrabt were panic signings. Amiorreta is OK but not someone who is going to keep the team up. Reither was excellent but already here. Parker, yes, good but too old. The keeper is the one solid signing, full marks for that one.

He did nothing about fixing the back 4, getting rid of Senderos and Richardson and finding solid replacements.

Artful Dodger

I see the point you are trying to make. Khan and Macintosh have been indecisive, didn't get the players we really needed in the summer (whatever the positive noises that have come out of the club about getting everyone they needed - in which case they hang themselves by sheer ineptitude) and have now added to the confusion as to who is in charge.

The board now need to show some balls and admit they made a mistake and get rid of Jol and by default put RM in charge - he wants the top job anyway - and then back him with some serious cash in January. We do need to get the youngsters in but I can't see how throwing 2 or 3 really young players will really be the answer to staying up, although it may help for next year.

All that said, I can still blame Jol for the last 2 and a half years when we have steadily gone backwards and I want to see him out as soon as possible.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Aaron

Quote from: Tempest on November 23, 2013, 05:07:48 PM
Admittedly, Rene wouldn't be my choice of manager but as he's here then give him 100% control.

Out of curiosity and with no sense of sarcasm, who would be your choice?

Also, I don't know how you can absolve Jol of guilt here.  On the face of it, he seemed like a very good appointment for a club of our stature.  Presumably, the board took a punt on him for the long term, but it's not their fault that he is, in fact, a worse manager that Lawrie Sanchez.

Jags

I think the only way the club are going to take any notice of us the fans is by not attending games. Of course some people will say that won't help the players but what's the difference in fans showing their anger against Jol, Ruiz etc & having an empty stadium? It isn't like ANY of us enjoy watching the football that is being played.

Berserker

I have a season ticket that I have paid for so it's no skin of the club's nose if I don't turn up for matches

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Jags

I have a season ticket too & I chose not to attend as I've had enough of Jol & the same old story. I've just decided to try & make my money back & sell my games on viagogo. At least I won't lose everything.

Craven Mad

Didn't anyone think we were much improved today? I saw a team out there today, not just 11 shirts. If Bent had put his post-rattler 1 inch to the left, and Hughes had knocked his shinned-block 1 inch to the left, we would have got the points, rushed up the table and people would be happy.

I was (of course) disappointed by the result, but (possibly for the first time this season) not by the performance.. As far as I'm concerned, that puts us half-way back to the road of respectability.

jarv

Craven, you make a good point but....with Berbatov and Ruiz out there, the team is playing with 9. They are as fragile as glass, you could see that as soon as Swansea scored. Recent performances show them to be the worst team in the division and lack the skills, the cohesion and fight to stay up. The players Jol has assembled are just not good enough.

Berserker

Quote from: Jags on November 23, 2013, 05:55:59 PM
I think the only way the club are going to take any notice of us the fans is by not attending games. Of course some people will say that won't help the players but what's the difference in fans showing their anger against Jol, Ruiz etc & having an empty stadium? It isn't like ANY of us enjoy watching the football that is being played.

You will only be able to sell your seat on Viagogo it the match is sold out, that hasn't happened much this season!

- Martin Luther King Jr.

threedhomer

To my untrained eye we simply didn't look athletic enough, fast enough. 

Berserker

That's cause they are getting on a bit

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Bill2

Quote from: Craven Mad on November 23, 2013, 06:18:52 PM
Didn't anyone think we were much improved today? I saw a team out there today, not just 11 shirts. If Bent had put his post-rattler 1 inch to the left, and Hughes had knocked his shinned-block 1 inch to the left, we would have got the points, rushed up the table and people would be happy.

I was (of course) disappointed by the result, but (possibly for the first time this season) not by the performance.. As far as I'm concerned, that puts us half-way back to the road of respectability.
Ifs and buts and maybes, sounds like my golf. A number of players were rubbish (Ruiz being the main culprit) they can't even pass to players in their own team. Stupid basic mistakes, every team in the Prem must be really looking forward to playing us home or away.