News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What is there to say that hasn't already been said?

Started by JDH101, November 23, 2013, 06:54:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDH101

As a Fulham fan of 3 decades plus, I can honestly say this is the most frustrated, most angry and most upset I have ever been over my club.

15th December, 2012. We lost 2-1 to QPR and although surprising at the time, it was the worst Fulham performance I had ever seen.

We showed no passion, had very little in the tactics department and even less, shockingly, in the effort department.

But that was just a one off right?

Nope.

We are approaching the 1 year anniversary of that performance. And now we have countless more performances to add to that QPR one.

And yet Martin Jol is still in a job. If I were the board, I would have fired him for gross incompetence after the final game of last season. We are in total free fall. Our defense looks like it is going to concede every time the oppo attacks. Our forwards never look like coming close to even threatening the opposition goal. Our midfield play is disjointed and appears a mile away from both our back and front lines.

We don't hassle the oppo on the ball. Its all too easy for them to just pick passes all day long.We had 37% possession at home to a very underperforming team missing their best player.

We have 2 players that appear to be undroppable and yet they not only get picked week in week out, they also get highlighted in press conferences as our best players and one of them even got the armband! Unbelievable.

We panicked signed possibly the worst striker I have seen at the cottage since Sean Farrell. If Darren Bent doesn't knock a goal in off his shin then he, along with Berbatov and Ruiz, offer you absolutely nothing. Nada. Zilch. Sweet FA. So we are basically lining up as an 8 man team with 2 egos and a donkey making up the numbers.

This has been going on for close to a year now. How the board cannot see the very real danger we are in is unbelievable Could they at least release a press statement acknowledging they see what we are seeing?

To not only NOT fire Jol two weeks ago, but to then hire him a number 2 is probably the final nail in our coffin. With Jol still in charge, or picking the team or whatever it is he does, we are 99.99999% certain to go down. And quite possibly, we go down as the bottom team. Palace and Sunderland have both made moves for the better. I'm not saying they are both going to stay up, but they are both going to pick up points and give it a real go. I cannot see us picking up any points if Jol stays. I honestly can't.

Where do we go from here? I am no longer attending a game until Jol is gone. Thats where I am going. I have a 6 month old Son to put this all in perspective, thankfully.

I miss Simon Morgan and Micky Adams. Bollox to this current lot.

090.gif

Galeforce

Couldn't have put it better myself, I live too far away to go to more than a few games a season, I watch live streams. For the last year, I have listened, playing Spider Solataire, rather than watch (too painful, just dip in when we seem to be attacking with some promise). Stek looks a good keeper, Kasami, Hughes, Parker...............7 more, good bench and a manager and we're laughing.   
It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win.

mangoputney

Quote from: JDH101 on November 23, 2013, 06:54:41 PM
As a Fulham fan of 3 decades plus, I can honestly say this is the most frustrated, most angry and most upset I have ever been over my club.

15th December, 2012. We lost 2-1 to QPR and although surprising at the time, it was the worst Fulham performance I had ever seen.

We showed no passion, had very little in the tactics department and even less, shockingly, in the effort department.

Nope.

We are approaching the 1 year anniversary of that performance. And now we have countless more performances to add to that QPR one.

And yet Martin Jol is still in a job. If I were the board, I would have fired him for gross incompetence after the final game of last season. We are in total free fall. Our defense looks like it is going to concede every time the oppo attacks. Our forwards never look like coming close to even threatening the opposition goal. Our midfield play is disjointed and appears a mile away from both our back and front lines.

We don't hassle the oppo on the ball. Its all too easy for them to just pick passes all day long.We had 37% possession at home to a very underperforming team missing their best player.

We have 2 players that appear to be undroppable and yet they not only get picked week in week out, they also get highlighted in press conferences as our best players and one of them even got the armband! Unbelievable.

We panicked signed possibly the worst striker I have seen at the cottage since Sean Farrell. If Darren Bent doesn't knock a goal in off his shin then he, along with Berbatov and Ruiz, offer you absolutely nothing. Nada. Zilch. Sweet FA. So we are basically lining up as an 8 man team with 2 egos and a donkey making up the numbers.

This has been going on for close to a year now. How the board cannot see the very real danger we are in is unbelievable Could they at least release a press statement acknowledging they see what we are seeing?

To not only NOT fire Jol two weeks ago, but to then hire him a number 2 is probably the final nail in our coffin. With Jol still in charge, or picking the team or whatever it is he does, we are 99.99999% certain to go down. And quite possibly, we go down as the bottom team. Palace and Sunderland have both made moves for the better. I'm not saying they are both going to stay up, but they are both going to pick up points and give it a real go. I cannot see us picking up any points if Jol stays. I honestly can't.

Where do we go from here? I am no longer attending a game until Jol is gone. Thats where I am going. I have a 6 month old Son to put this all in perspective, thankfully.

090.gif

+1
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

Classic94

Quote from: JDH101 on November 23, 2013, 06:54:41 PM

Nope.

090.gif

Well said. Utter incompetence at every level.

GrahamG

Travers Barney

Dreadful today agreed....been far worse times however.

Not going till Jol goes?

Strange behaviour from a Fulham football club supporter if you ask me.

but that's just me.

coyw

We are the whites

JDH101

Quote from: Travers Barney on November 23, 2013, 10:13:14 PM
Dreadful today agreed....been far worse times however.

Not going till Jol goes?

Strange behaviour from a Fulham football club supporter if you ask me.

but that's just me.

coyw

Each to their own. I was at Vetch field when we got relegated to the old 3rd division. Its not the results that are driving me away. Its the attitude. And if they can't sort that out then quite frankly, I've got better things to spend my money on.

bill taylors apprentice

50 years service for me and while there have been worse times the present situation is inexcusable.

Unlike the days when players took the kit home to wash there is no excuse today for the level of incompetence shown from the owner down to (some of) the players. 

Lighthouse

There is a difference between a poor team and a team that has been allowed to dissolve and decay week in and week out. I can tell people how long I have been a fan and the fact that I have supported Fulham in all four divisions and the bad old days.

But to have a Prem team that was a Euro finalist and a team that needed investment to make us a viable top ten, top seven club. To be allowed to decay in the name of sustainability. To have a manager out of his depth from the end of last season and the beginning of this. Well what is there that hasn't already been said. Yes the loyal fans will remain loyal. But to make the effort to actually go and watch such poor entertainment. At these prices and in these days. FANs are being treated as bigger fools than the management.

The fans have to remain sustainable as well and that means choosing not to go and not to renew season tickets. I don't care myself as I have been long priced out of the game. But now I don't even watch streams of the games. I only dip into Gentleman Jims comments. I know what the outcome will be. Like watching repeats on the telly. Its all been said and we have all watched it before. So what is the point?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope