watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Which players thanked the fans today?

Started by Huxley, November 24, 2013, 12:11:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Huxley

The crowd was behind the team today until the end/ final few minutes, yet only 5 came over to thank the fans... For a minute I thought none would, and I saw a couple applauding from half way. Then a group of 5 decided to represent the team and come into the hammersmith end third. I think it was bent, kaka and kasami plus 2 more... Who walked off straight away? They are the ones that should leave in January! The club is the fans. If the players cannot be bothered to thank the supporters then they are not playing for the club, but just for their fat pay check.

ron

But then on the box we see Bent grinning like a Cheshire cat after thumping that ball against the upright when it appeared easier to score. Hard to take for we fans, but just a bit of a giggle for a multi millionaire who probably would be sweeping floors for a minimum wage if it wasn't for football

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: ron on November 24, 2013, 12:16:32 AM
But then on the box we see Bent grinning like a Cheshire cat after thumping that ball against the upright when it appeared easier to score. Hard to take for we fans, but just a bit of a giggle for a multi millionaire who probably would be sweeping floors for a minimum wage if it wasn't for football

Ron  That Got on my wick too............
HE DIDN'T EARN HIS £70,000.00 THIS WEEK  NOW DID HE???

Huxley

but at least Bent thanked the fans for his paycheck today... unlike the majority... i don't really care how much the players are paid, it is an open market, however I expect the players to thank the fans who support them. especially when times are tough. someone needs to have a word to the players. if it were not for the fans they would not get paid.

EJL

Perhaps it was a wry smile after following the same thought process as you?

God The Mechanic

Quote from: EJL on November 24, 2013, 01:32:15 AM

Don't be ridiculous, he was clearly delighted not to score.

EJL

Quote from: God The Mechanic on November 24, 2013, 02:05:37 AM
Quote from: EJL on November 24, 2013, 01:32:15 AM

Don't be ridiculous, he was clearly delighted not to score.
:005:

Deanothefulhamfan

I noticed Parker clapping the fans.... that was all I saw from the streaming.

beijing ben

Hughes clapped.

I think Bent was laughing at the absurdity of that shot not going in. He caught it beautifully, hit the inside of the post and it came out..

RaySmith

I'm  quite certain Bent didn't see it as funny - well, only in a dark and embarrassed way - I'm sure he was mortified not to score, and knew he'd be blamed for missing sitters.

This is a man who wants to kick start his career, and get in the England squad, so why would he really think it funny not to score?

MJG

Zevotic was in that group, Kasami seemed themost gutted of them all

beijing ben

Can't really blame Ruiz for not applauding the fans...

Tempest

its a personal thing I know but I've never seen the fascination supporters have with being acknowledged by the fans? I choose to go, I choose to stay for 90 mins, I don't seek approval for doing so, personally couldn't care who claps or who doesn't, I do care what happens in the 90 minutes though and that's a whole different story!
Live in Falmouth!

Herbie

When I clapped Kasami at the end, who once again didn't stop trying, someone walking by to leave suggested I shouldn't be clapping the players.  That sort of attitude isn't really going to help us turn this ship around.

leonffc

Quote from: beijing ben on November 24, 2013, 03:50:20 AM

I think Bent was laughing at the absurdity of that shot not going in. He caught it beautifully, hit the inside of the post and it came out..

But he also found it amusing when his squared ball to Berbatov was cut out?!

That said, youth coaches tell kids to play with a smile on their face (or should tell them) and we all moan that players have no charisma these days so maybe we should applaud him for simply enjoying his football and not letting things get to him

fulhams_finest

Quote from: Tempest on November 24, 2013, 08:11:27 AM
its a personal thing I know but I've never seen the fascination supporters have with being acknowledged by the fans? I choose to go, I choose to stay for 90 mins, I don't seek approval for doing so, personally couldn't care who claps or who doesn't, I do care what happens in the 90 minutes though and that's a whole different story!

Give over mate - that's complete bs think of all the time and hard earned cash us lot give up to go and watch these lot under perform all over the country the least they could do is give us a thanks for putting up for there 90minutes of crap

jarv

tempest and Fulham finest, you  are both right.  Personally, i feel for the supporters who go to every game and season ticket holders, forcrd to watch this lot. i can watch every game on nbc sports, either on tv or on computer. I watch out of loyalty, (feel like I have to) and it is painful.
Some week-ends I have other things to do which is a relief.
JOL out.

jeremyfulham

Who could blame them for not bothering when you get yobs abusing our own fans for applauding the players efforts when they come to show their appreciation of our support ? I am sad to say I am ashamed of some of our so - called supporters .

ron

Quote from: RaySmith on November 24, 2013, 06:45:08 AM
I'm  quite certain Bent didn't see it as funny - well, only in a dark and embarrassed way - I'm sure he was mortified not to score, and knew he'd be blamed for missing sitters.

This is a man who wants to kick start his career, and get in the England squad, so why would he really think it funny not to score?

Perhaps the light heartedness is the reason that he hasn't kick-started his England career...?

Thinking about the Prem, someone on here said that football was a game to be enjoyed and played with a smile on your face. So it is in the prem.....the top half of the table. The bottom half must be played as a dour and serious attempt to get into that laughing half.

I remember the story about Frank Haffey, the Scotland goalie in the 9-3 defeat by Johnny Haynes's England in 1961.
He was singing in the showers after that defeat, and was promptly chinned by Denis Law.

That might be the attitude of commitment that we need in adversity down at the Cottage right now.