News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What really can happen, for us, in the January transfer window?

Started by ToodlesMcToot, November 25, 2013, 07:31:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N_O_W_S

Quote from: Count Berbatov on November 25, 2013, 10:49:28 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on November 25, 2013, 08:56:20 PM
Quote from: Count Berbatov on November 25, 2013, 08:15:15 PM
The last thing you need is a striker. That's usually a formation with one up top and an advanced no 10. You have no midfield. How can't you see your problem! You very got strikers, wingers, decent defense... But teams are going through your middle running circles around your midfield players.
But the hater here for Berbatov and Ruiz blinds you big time.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Sorry. Ruiz is far too weak in posession right now. No confidence. He does not need to be in the team playing at the moment. Very talented player who I like, but we cannot afford to be playing him on his current form.

This is just the wrong team for Berbatov IMHO. By the way, can you explain why Berbatov completely ignored Parker in the Southampton game and refused to mark Lambert? If he can't be bothered to defend for us on set pieces, even when just putting his body in the way would have likely saved a goal, what good is he to us? He has been a great player, but his abilities aren't gamechanging any longer.

That aside, everyone here knows our central midfield is a shambles. Kasami should be playing next to Parker until a more creative two way player can be found/bought.

Our defence has been shambolic this season. We've never been settled on four players who can get the job done. Hence, the communication that must take place doesn't take place and they are disorganized as hell. We've got to move on from Brede right now and get in another CB. If Brede is able to get to 100% before the end of the season, then great. If not, then we've got what we need to have a chance at survival.
Brede loss of form is such a mystery to me. But I'm sure it is only temporary. Lovebites is good and all in all, the defense has been different every game, hence the miscommunication. But with no cover from the midfield, it's just absurd to expect wonders from them.
Berbatov obviously didn't follow parkers instructions when defending that corner. That proves nothing.
Berbatov is trying harder lately, running and all, but his game suffers from that. He needs time on the ball, or he will never play to his strength
At United, he walked a lot, but made clever runs. Along with controlling the ball and feeding the quick players. In the penalty area, he's priceless
Sadly at Fulham, he gets to play his killer passes at around half way line.
I also don't consider him good in the air. He has no business defending. Most likely won't jump of the ground, unless the ball hits him on the head
Jol needs to figure a way to play his players to their strengths

I am waiting for the day Karagounis, Parker, Kasami, Sidwell, Boateng all start together. That's your only hope considering what's available at the moment

Why do you keep saying 'your' and referring to it as 'our problem'. are you not a fulham fan?

MJG

Quote from: Ols_S on November 26, 2013, 01:14:50 PM
The last thing you need is a striker. That's usually a formation with one up top and an advanced no 10. You have no midfield. How can't you see your problem! You very got strikers, wingers, decent defense... But teams are going through your middle running circles around your midfield players.

Sorry. Ruiz is far too weak in posession right now. No confidence. He does not need to be in the team playing at the moment. Very talented player who I like, but we cannot afford to be playing him on his current form.

This is just the wrong team for Berbatov IMHO. By the way, can you explain why Berbatov completely ignored Parker in the Southampton game and refused to mark Lambert? If he can't be bothered to defend for us on set pieces, even when just putting his body in the way would have likely saved a goal, what good is he to us? He has been a great player, but his abilities aren't gamechanging any longer.

That aside, everyone here knows our central midfield is a shambles. Kasami should be playing next to Parker until a more creative two way player can be found/bought.

Our defence has been shambolic this season. We've never been settled on four players who can get the job done. Hence, the communication that must take place doesn't take place and they are disorganized as hell. We've got to move on from Brede right now and get in another CB. If Brede is able to get to 100% before the end of the season, then great. If not, then we've got what we need to have a chance at survival.
Brede loss of form is such a mystery to me. But I'm sure it is only temporary. Lovebites is good and all in all, the defense has been different every game, hence the miscommunication. But with no cover from the midfield, it's just absurd to expect wonders from them.
Berbatov obviously didn't follow parkers instructions when defending that corner. That proves nothing.
Berbatov is trying harder lately, running and all, but his game suffers from that. He needs time on the ball, or he will never play to his strength
At United, he walked a lot, but made clever runs. Along with controlling the ball and feeding the quick players. In the penalty area, he's priceless
I also don't consider him good in the air. He has no business defending. Most likely won't jump of the ground, unless the ball hits him on the head

I am waiting for the day Karagounis, Parker, Kasami, Sidwell, Boateng all start together. That's your only hope considering what's available at the moment

Why do you keep saying 'your' and referring to it as 'our problem'. are you not a fulham fan?
Because he's not a fulham fan. He is a fan of Berbatov while following us at the moment..well until January

Count Berbatov

Quote from: MJG on November 26, 2013, 01:21:55 PM

Because he's not a fulham fan. He is a fan of Berbatov while following us at the moment..well until January
While I agree and never hide I'm a huge Berba fan, I think you will see some of me after January or whenever Berbatov gets to leave . I am actually planing on 3 trips a year to UK, beginning next year . One of them to London. Will be there at the cottage
My impression and knowledge of Fulham and Fulham fans is mostly gathered here on this forum.
It's difficult to explain, but have always had a soft spot for Fulham. For various reasons. This forum made a huge impression on me. I love it on here. It's different and it's much more personal. It's passionate but not extreme in a bad way. I love having the older fans around and reading about stories from the past. 
Right now I am as frustrated as you all are. I will try to support Fulham as much as I can from distance. I know it's not much. But I will

Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Holders

Quote from: Count Berbatov on November 27, 2013, 05:21:55 AM

While I agree and never hide I'm a huge Berba fan, I think you will see some of me after January or whenever Berbatov gets to leave . I am actually planing on 3 trips a year to UK, beginning next year . One of them to London. Will be there at the cottage
My impression and knowledge of Fulham and Fulham fans is mostly gathered here on this forum.
It's difficult to explain, but have always had a soft spot for Fulham. For various reasons. This forum made a huge impression on me. I love it on here. It's different and it's much more personal. It's passionate but not extreme in a bad way. I love having the older fans around and reading about stories from the past. 
Right now I am as frustrated as you all are. I will try to support Fulham as much as I can from distance. I know it's not much. But I will

It must be very frustrating for you then that most of us on here see Berbatov as part of the problem rather than part of the solution. Despite apparently being uninterested he gets an automatic spot in the "team" and has this season delivered nothing. It's like playing with 10 men when he's on the pitch.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Pluto

Good that your sticking it out Count B and nice to hear of your support, as I do enjoy your postings.

If I'm not mistaken I'm pretty sure you were one of the few up at 3am pre-season to watch dodgy streams of us playing no name Costa Rican teams in friendly games in which Berba didn't even feature, so I don't think anyone here can question your commitment.

Count Berbatov

Quote from: Pluto on November 27, 2013, 10:14:34 AM

Good that your sticking it out Count B and nice to hear of your support, as I do enjoy your postings.

If I'm not mistaken I'm pretty sure you were one of the few up at 3am pre-season to watch dodgy streams of us playing no name Costa Rican teams in friendly games in which Berba didn't even feature, so I don't think anyone here can question your commitment.
That I did. Thanks for the kind words. I get a lot of stick on here. Sometimes I wonder why. But the fact of the matter is I'm still back. It's posters like you Pluto that keep me around

On a different note, I also think, that unless a new manager arrives here before January, Berbatov should leave. If Jol is out before that, then I'm curious to see what the new coach can do with Berba, Ruiz and co

Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Count Berbatov

Quote from: Holders on November 27, 2013, 08:49:31 AM

It must be very frustrating for you then that most of us on here see Berbatov as part of the problem rather than part of the solution. Despite apparently being uninterested he gets an automatic spot in the "team" and has this season delivered nothing. It's like playing with 10 men when he's on the pitch.
I see it differently. He's trying
It's not working, because the midfield is non existent. He's strongest close to the penalty area.
Bent  is, will be useless too. But he won't drop, so everyone will criticize he's had 5 touches, 10 touches... Berbatov drops, so everyone is on his back.
Everyone seems to blame the strikers when your possessions are 30-35% even at home.. Your midfield is the weakest in the PL. Start from there. You have some hell of a players in your team. Berbatov, Ruiz, Bent.. These attacking players suffocate with again, the worst midfield I have seen in a long time

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

EJL

Just read that we should buy Rafael van der Vaart and play him as a central-midfielder. He's played behind the striker for almost his entire career; he'll be on high wages, he's over thirty, and I doubt he'll want to come here anyway, especially with Hamburg in the mix for a top-half finish.

mangoputney

Quote from: Count Berbatov on November 27, 2013, 04:37:33 PM

That I did. Thanks for the kind words. I get a lot of stick on here. Sometimes I wonder why. But the fact of the matter is I'm still back. It's posters like you Pluto that keep me around

On a different note, I also think, that unless a new manager arrives here before January, Berbatov should leave. If Jol is out before that, then I'm curious to see what the new coach can do with Berba, Ruiz and co

+ 1

I enjoy your posts Count, glad you feel part of FFC
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation

callumc513

Count strikes me as one of the few posters on here that can actually appreciate how important Berba can be for this team. In general, criticisms aimed at Berba this season have been unjust/plainly incorrect and I'm frankly amazed at people blindly supporting Bent no matter how often he misses glorious chances.

tonynorton

Its nice to the count paying an interest in fulham the more support we can get from foreign lands will only benefit our club.

Count Berbatov

Quote from: callumc513 on November 27, 2013, 06:33:15 PM
Count strikes me as one of the few posters on here that can actually appreciate how important Berba can be for this team. In general, criticisms aimed at Berba this season have been unjust/plainly incorrect and I'm frankly amazed at people blindly supporting Bent no matter how often he misses glorious chances.
I'm glad you see it that way.

He gets unfair criticism most of the the time. Since he's always on the team and team never improves. Easy to blame him for everything negative that's been happening.

As a Berba fan, it would be logical for me to say that I want him out of Fulham and his misery. He deserves to play with better players etc.. But I see it's in Fulham's best interest to have a player like him. Whether he starts or not, where he plays and what position in, it's up to the manager. The quality and ability are there. Someone needs to utilize them.

So yeah... The Berba fan in me wants him to move on. But I know Fulham can only benefit from having a player like him around

Count Berbatov

Quote from: mangoputney on November 27, 2013, 06:17:39 PM
Quote from: Count Berbatov on November 27, 2013, 04:37:33 PM

+ 1

I enjoy your posts Count, glad you feel part of FFC
Thanks, unless United plays Fulham, count me as one of you

MrProphet

I'm not sure people blindly support bent you are correct he has missed several glorious chances but his attitude isn't a disgrace and he doesn't throw his toys out the pram if he has to move for a pass

I would say support for berbatov this season is of the blind variety

Count Berbatov

Quote from: tonynorton on November 27, 2013, 07:18:15 PMIts nice to the count paying an interest in fulham the more support we can get from foreign lands will only benefit our club.
I'm doing my part around here. And I love checking out the map of the supporters occasionally. Now if we can get Fulham to the states... Or the European scene again..

Count Berbatov

Quote from: MrProphet on November 27, 2013, 08:27:03 PM

I'm not sure people blindly support bent you are correct he has missed several glorious chances but his attitude isn't a disgrace and he doesn't throw his toys out the pram if he has to move for a pass

On the contrary. There's been no support for Berbatov whatsoever

MrProphet

Quote from: Count Berbatov on November 27, 2013, 08:33:17 PM

Absolutely and I ment its entirely justified the man typifies the problems at the club in my opinion

We should be building a team around a someone who wants to be here and b someone with his best years ahead of him...... Kasami.

Count Berbatov

Quote from: MrProphet on November 27, 2013, 08:39:40 PM
Quote from: Count Berbatov on November 27, 2013, 08:33:17 PM

Absolutely and I ment its entirely justified the man typifies the problems at the club in my opinion

We should be building a team around a someone who wants to be here and b someone with his best years ahead of him...... Kasami.
I don't remember berbatov getting on for the expense of Kasami. Kasami is exciting to watch and he gets rewarded for that. I would much rather watch Berbatov - Kasami, then any other pair at the moment
Berbatov is no way ahead of anyone else that offers more than he does..

ron

Building teams around 1 man have generally been recipes for disasters over the years...mainly because oppositions find you out and mark him out, but also because the 'saviour' then gets a big head, and begins to think they are above the selection process..... nothing like we've got at the moment then ?