News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Basement Boys - how many points to safety?

Started by SP, November 25, 2013, 09:32:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

I reckon 36 points will be enough to avoid the drop this season. Discounting teams like Cardiff that look as though they play enough football to escape the drop it looks like:

Hull
Norwich
West Ham
FFC
Palace
Sunderland

Not much quality there, should make for some interesting clashes in our mini league.

Deanothefulhamfan

From our mini league we are 6 points from 6. .... another 15 from the remaining fixtures would see us in good stead to stay up.

I think 35 points will be enough to stay up

aaronmcguigan

Hull 3-0-1
Norwich 1-0-1
West Ham 0-0-2
FFC 2-0-0
Palace 2-0-1
Sunderland 0-0-3

To be honest, those stats are worrying in the sense that, it shows that although we've a good record against teams around us, the fact we are 18th shows that the teams around us have an ability to take points off teams above us.

Skatzoffc

Hull and Norwich are even worse than us, ( that's saying something). Lol.
If we take points off of Palace and Sunderland again (both 6 pointers) and add them to what we already did against them we only really have to be better than one other team.
Overly simplistic perhaps but IMO we will still turn this around.
By Xmas we will know if drastic action is required. Is Yol gone and new players icked by RM.
COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

cottage cheese

I really dislike it when people slate other teams and say "they are worse etc". Clearly they are not seeing as Hull are 4 points ahead of us for example.

On form and with the number of chances created in a game we are the worst team by a mile in the league. Need I remind you that before Swansea, I think we have been 2/3 nil down at half time three of four games in a row. We cannot reply on other teams as we will go down. Sunderland and Palace (last game) have begun to  show fight and desire..... Im expecting them to catch us up sooner rather than later.

Name one player in our team apart from Parker and Kasami that you would want to put up a fight. I cant name one. West ham will beat us on Saturday and I have no doubt about it. Their midfield will run us over and eventually we will tire and most likely concede a few. We are in serious trouble!!!

aaronmcguigan

By the same token, you cannot say Hull are better than us as they are 4 points ahead because they have played different teams. Hull have 9 of their points from playing the teams around us, some of which we havent played yet.

I do agree we are in serious trouble, someone high up must think this standard of football and these results are OK.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: cottage cheese on November 26, 2013, 08:27:54 AM

I really dislike it when people slate other teams and say "they are worse etc". Clearly they are not seeing as Hull are 4 points ahead of us for example.

On form and with the number of chances created in a game we are the worst team by a mile in the league. Need I remind you that before Swansea, I think we have been 2/3 nil down at half time three of four games in a row. We cannot reply on other teams as we will go down. Sunderland and Palace (last game) have begun to  show fight and desire..... Im expecting them to catch us up sooner rather than later.

Name one player in our team apart from Parker and Kasami that you would want to put up a fight. I cant name one. West ham will beat us on Saturday and I have no doubt about it. Their midfield will run us over and eventually we will tire and most likely concede a few. We are in serious trouble!!!

Calm down Cheesy.
Its called an opinion, and I didnt "Slate" anyone.

IMO.... Hull will be in serious trouble come January. They cant buy a result at the mo and Bruce is hopeless.
Similarly Norwich are in trouble. I even think Hughton will go soon, tho I hope not as I think he deserves better.

As I've said before on here, there are a number of poor teams this season.
I believe we will improve and finish around 15th.

049:gif

MJG

36 will get us relegated, we need 38 minimum to get 17th place

cottage cheese

Quote from: Skatzoffc on November 26, 2013, 09:11:40 AM

Calm down Cheesy.

IMO.... Hull will be in serious trouble come January. They cant buy a result at the mo and Bruce is hopeless.
Similarly Norwich are in trouble. I even think Hughton will go soon, tho I hope not as I think he deserves better.

It was a poor choice of words on my behalf! I wasn't singling you out.

What I was trying to get across (it was 8.30 and I was half asleep!) is that we shouldn't look at other teams and hope they end up worse off. We need to really get our arses into gear and not worry about those around us, as we wont improve if we get the "oh there is 3 teams worse off so no worries". 
I also can assume Hull, Norwich will be thinking the same about us to be fair...its not like we have shown any fight at all this season.

JackyFulham90

I still think come May we will finish above Palace,  Hull,  Stoke, Sunderland, Norwich, West Ham & Cardiff leaving us 13th

Skatzoffc

Quote from: cottage cheese on November 26, 2013, 09:37:19 AM
Quote from: Skatzoffc on November 26, 2013, 09:11:40 AM

Calm down Cheesy.

It was a poor choice of words on my behalf! I wasn't singling you out.

What I was trying to get across (it was 8.30 and I was half asleep!) is that we shouldn't look at other teams and hope they end up worse off. We need to really get our arses into gear and not worry about those around us, as we wont improve if we get the "oh there is 3 teams worse off so no worries". 
I also can assume Hull, Norwich will be thinking the same about us to be fair...its not like we have shown any fight at all this season.

No Probs Cheese.
Im half asleep til I have my 1st cuppa also.
Lol

I agree with you about not getting complacent and I'm not saying these others will deffo drop.
Just that there's still a long way to go.

Usually teams that come up or are at a low ebb can be gauged better after xmas as their teams are becoming tired/injury ravaged etc.

I expect us to improve before xmas.  But if we're still in the mire come January, I'd like to think management will make a decision to off Yol and give RM funds to buy.
He would have had ample opportunity to gauge the weakness/strengths of our squad too.

Just hope its not too late to turn it around by then tho.