more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Thank you Roy !

Started by jms, May 11, 2010, 10:09:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jms

:clap_hands:
I have watched the whites play since the late 50s and seen many managers come and go. Loved Alec; thought Keegan was good for us at the time; worshipped Tigana and most of his team.........but Sir Woy surpasses them all.
Thank you Roy for transforming 'little ol fulham'. No one deserves the award more than you .COYW

White Noise

Here here!

I haven't been watching Fulham for anything like as long as you JMS and can only imagine what this era must mean to you.

When you have had a bad week you sometimes really hope Fulham can do the business and give you something to feel good about. In the past, the week often tipped even further into gloom by the time the game was finished. Since Roy has been here it has been like mainlining Prozac. I am not by nature a miserable bar steward but Roy's Fulham have really cheered me on any number of occassions and got me through some tough times when only the thought of football kept me sane.

Thanks for all you and your colleagues do Roy - it, as they say, much more important than life and death.

LBNo11

...jms, you beat me by a mere decade ( :005: ) but I have been following Fulham since the mid 1960's. Alec Stock, Malcolm MacDonald (albeit Ray Harford was the genius behind the team), Jean Tigana were the best I had yet seen (personally I disagree about Keegan) but Sir Roy of Croydon has given us the best ever 'structure' to the team and laid the foundations to continued success for hopefully years to come...

:sir_roy:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

HatterDon

Well, I'm new to Fulham [relatively ... 2004], but I've been watching sports for a long time. I put Roy up there with UCLA's legendary basketball coach John Wooden and the Brooklyn/Los Angeles Dodgers manager Walter Alston, as the best tactical coaches I've ever seen.

There are better game-day coaches -- some of them work in the Prem -- but you win and lose in English football based on the personnel and tactical decisions you make from mid-May through mid-August. Roy is unsurpassed in the beautiful game in this skill IMHO.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Lighthouse

It is difficuilt to compare teams and managers. Roy is without doubt now the most succesful. But the style of play we now enjoy is probably the least interesting to watch for some time. I am not sure that Stock, Tigana, Super Mac and the rest would have been able to sell the way we play now to the fans had we not already been in the best league in the World.

Now we need not to lose. Before we needed to win to gain promotion etc. So every manager has his good and bad points. So Roy is perfect for our club today and the most succesful. But every manager, good and bad, have their story and their place in our history.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

LBNo11

Quote from: Lighthouse on May 11, 2010, 08:26:16 PM
It is difficuilt to compare teams and managers. Roy is without doubt now the most succesful. But the style of play we now enjoy is probably the least interesting to watch for some time. I am not sure that Stock, Tigana, Super Mac and the rest would have been able to sell the way we play now to the fans had we not already been in the best league in the World.

Now we need not to lose. Before we needed to win to gain promotion etc. So every manager has his good and bad points. So Roy is perfect for our club today and the most succesful. But every manager, good and bad, have their story and their place in our history.

...I'd go along with that.. :54:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

NogoodBoyo

Sir Roy silk-pursed this team right into the livres d'history, sans doubt boys.
Tigana was great, but he spent like a docker on Friday nights.  And he couldn't cope with a bit of argie-bargie with the Mo-man, so he falls short. 
MacDonald was famous amongst those in the know for bottling flat bubbly big time on the big occasion and Stock car-raced to the FA Cup not beating 152 Euro teams like what Sir Roy done - but I wasn't around until Bobby Campbell took Stock's name-plate down, so what do I know?
Rover Roy is so far ahead of all those in my book.  Nut-cracking genius, he is.
Nogood "not hard to compare at all, Lofty" Boyo

Tom

Thank you Roy, you have done a lot for our club and please stay for a while!!!   :sir_roy:
Fulham for life!