watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Seriously....WHO WILL DO IT...merged threads

Started by nose, November 26, 2013, 10:43:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nose

I know I can be a bit hysterical but everybody now seems to accept the manager should have been gone ages ago.

So based on the appauling run of results dating back to last season, the dreadful performances, the demotivated team etc etc....
Just how bad do you think things have to get before the board will release the mamager from his position. Clearly Jol is no Holloway and will not walk because it is the decent thing to do, so again i ask, what do you think will force them to act?

TonyGilroy

The decision has been made that the problem was a lack of expert coaching and that has been addressed.

I'd like to think that transfer targets have been agreed and that is to be step two in our transformation.

If there be no such transformation it will be too late for a change of manager to be effective and it will be a case of deciding who to appoint for next season.

The sack Jol ship sailed when Muelensteen was appointed. Time will tell if the decision was right.

I now think the only possibility of Jol being sacked is if senior players and coaching staff made it clear that they regard it as necessary - the classic losing the dressing room.

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

EJL

I think losing our next three games would do it, which is unfortunately very likely.

Classic94

If/when we lose to West Ham, I don't see how he can stay in his job. They are on par with us (maybe slightly better), as the worst team in the division at the moment. Perhaps the only way to get rid of Jol is for the fans to force him out...

TonyGilroy

Results and performances should have lost him his job some time ago.

Muelensteen can't be a quick fix - he has to have time to gradually improve fitness and tactics. The transfer window gets ever closer whilst that happens.

If the decision was made a few weeks ago to leave Jol in place (perhaps with some influence ceded to Muelensteen) then sacking him after a few more bad results makes no sense.

Not sacking him may well prove to be a mistake but it was actually a bold decision - easier than sacking him frankly and I don't buy the suggestion that Khan wouldn't buy out the fag end of Jol's contract. That's really small beer compared to the losses he'll make on relegation.

We're entitled to be ultra sceptical but it's still possible to hope that Khan has got this right.

nose

Quote from: TonyGilroy on November 26, 2013, 11:48:26 AM

The decision has been made that the problem was a lack of expert coaching and that has been addressed.

I'd like to think that transfer targets have been agreed and that is to be step two in our transformation.

If there be no such transformation it will be too late for a change of manager to be effective and it will be a case of deciding who to appoint for next season.

The sack Jol ship sailed when Muelensteen was appointed. Time will tell if the decision was right.

I now think the only possibility of Jol being sacked is if senior players and coaching staff made it clear that they regard it as necessary - the classic losing the dressing room.

Unfortunately I think you probably have it spot on.

nose

Quote from: TonyGilroy on November 26, 2013, 12:11:10 PM

Muelensteen can't be a quick fix - he has to have time to gradually improve fitness and tactics. The transfer window gets ever closer whilst that happens.

If the decision was made a few weeks ago to leave Jol in place (perhaps with some influence ceded to Muelensteen) then sacking him after a few more bad results makes no sense.

Not sacking him may well prove to be a mistake but it was actually a bold decision - easier than sacking him frankly and I don't buy the suggestion that Khan wouldn't buy out the fag end of Jol's contract. That's really small beer compared to the losses he'll make on relegation.

We're entitled to be ultra sceptical but it's still possible to hope that Khan has got this right.

I don't agree that sacking after a few more bad results makes no sense. I think if somebody is failing and unlikely to rectify the situation then you have to remove them, whenever that is. Otherwise I am just unhappy about the way my football club (our football club) has been allowed to go backwards.

Classic94

Quote from: TonyGilroy on November 26, 2013, 12:11:10 PM

I get where you're coming from and it's difficult to argue with some of your points, but it's certainly not 'brave' to keep a failing manager. Honestly, the fact that Muelensteen has been brought in to address fitness, tactics... suggests to me that Jol and his backroom team were doing an inadequate job. In which case, I don't understand why he's still here. Jol's authority and ability as a manager has been undermined with Muelensteen's appointment.

TonyGilroy

Of course Jol has failed badly but the remedy may be to give him the help he needs and possibly has been requesting for some time.

The big unknown is what is to happen in the transfer window.

I stand by my view that not sacking Jol was brave. Maybe entirely mistaken and dumb, but definitely brave. Bringing in Muelensteen is a serious attempt to put right what's wrong.

Sacking him would have been ultra popular and therefore the easy option. Thanks Mr Khan - you're one of us and feel our pain. Instead it's - you don't care or understand how to run a football club.

I really hope that Khan is cleverer than us.

premFlem

played 24 -won 4- drawn 6- lost14... I've read somewere these are the worst premier league stats without the manager actually being sacked

Personally I think two more losses v westham and villa and he's gone.

The fact that Meulensteen has been appointed is one thing, Jols failure to relinquish enough power to rene to change results will be his downfall .
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

Skatzoffc

I've stated similar before but here is my opinion again.

I think this RM appointment was a two-stage deal.

If RM can turn it around, (from a coaching point of view), Yol will stay to end of the season and go when his contract is up.
Leaving RM in charge which, imo, was the job he wanted all along.

Similarly, if RM does not turn it around by xmas, then Yol will be forced out early and RM will take over from then on.
He will be given funds to buy in the January window after having plenty of time to assess the squad.
Hopefully we will not be too far adrift by then.

I think the management have been shrewd in this appointment. IMO, it leaves most options open to ultimately safeguard the position of the club.

I believe we will improve soon so the 1st case seems more likely as no face is lost by Yol, and the club don't have to pay out to him.

049:gif
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Jims Dentist

Like many others I keep looking on this forum hoping to see that Mr Jol has been relieved of his duties.

However, who do we think is going to make that decision?

The board of directors a listed on the official site are:

CEO Mackintosh-- who was the driving force behind the appointment at the time, and probably does not want to lose face.

Sean O'Loughlin--Finance Director, who's background has been mostly in tennis.

Mark Lamping--Non Executive Director,  President of the Jaguars, who has 20 years experience as a director in professional sport ( mostly American football ).

Sorry to be a pessimist, but he above hardly inspires confidence.

Unless he left of his own accord, why was Mark Collins not kept on?

TonyGilroy

Khan is the owner. The Directors are his employees.

He decides. No idea who he consults but a decision that big can only be taken by the owner.

jarv

Either way, Jol is a dead man walking. One thing I would like to add....if he walked now, like Strachan at Middlesborough or the recent Palace manager, he would still have some integrity intact.
If, or should I say when, he gets Fulham relegated, given everything that has been reported, he leaves with zero integrity. A complete failure, which probably means his career will be over. Unlikely to get any future employment.

LBNo11

...I think you have answered your own question as it is becoming patently obvious that jol has Alistair Macintosh's ear - the final decision will ultimately be Khan's, but only on advise of our CEO, and as a man with vastly more experience than the rest of the stop-gap board in the field of football they will also be reliant on his point of view.

In essence we are screwed, they will give the clueless manager even more time and nothing will change  unless Meulensteen has been given some influence on team shape and tactical set up.

All we have left to exercise our disapproval with the set up, is to boycott merchandise/food/drink/programmes etc., Thousands of non-sold programmes alone leaves a logistical head-ache for the club in terms of loss of revenue, transport costs and storage. In addition to this I suspect that a few more 'surveys' will be going out asking why clients are not attending, and when the renewal of season tickets take-up is poor, at the very least they will know we as fans are unhappy and not prepared to be ignored any longer...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

TonyGilroy

Which eliminates the possibility of things improving under Jol.

He presumably thinks they can or will and Khan is backing him. Now I share the general view that things won't get better but we could be wrong.

Jol has a decent CV as a manager and clearly isn't ready to give up.

TonyGilroy

You and I both know that the club monitors the message boards - particularly this one - and will be in no doubt as to the supporters views.

That's what makes me wonder why Jol hasn't been sacked and I conclude that Khan still has faith and is giving him the tools he needs (sorry Rene) and hopefully money in January.

I also work on the assumption that Khan is a man used to seeing his investments succeed.

As I've said elsewhere the decision to keep Jol has been made. I hope Khan's proved right and we can all discover in time that we were wrong. Sadly that's not how I expect it to pan out.

HatterDon

Quote from: TonyGilroy on November 26, 2013, 01:50:38 PM

You and I both know that the club monitors the message boards - particularly this one - and will be in no doubt as to the supporters views.

That's what makes me wonder why Jol hasn't been sacked and I conclude that Khan still has faith and is giving him the tools he needs (sorry Rene) and hopefully money in January.

I also work on the assumption that Khan is a man used to seeing his investments succeed.

As I've said elsewhere the decision to keep Jol has been made. I hope Khan's proved right and we can all discover in time that we were wrong. Sadly that's not how I expect it to pan out.

:58: God only knows what they think of the state of grammar, punctuation, and usage on here.

TonyG is always a welcome exception -- or some might say acception.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

FFC1987

Quote from: HatterDon on November 26, 2013, 02:20:41 PM
Quote from: TonyGilroy on November 26, 2013, 01:50:38 PM

:58: God only knows what they think of the state of grammar, punctuation, and usage on here.

TonyG is always a welcome exception -- or some might say acception.

gEt A rOom