News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

stating the bleedin' obvious but something funny is going on.

Started by win-dup, November 26, 2013, 12:49:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

win-dup

Mr Khan buys a football club and appears to be running it into the ground by keeping a failing manager and a team seemingly doomed to relegation.
He allegedly paid £150 million for the club.
Combining the parachute payment for relegation which he could presumably pocket and flogging the ground off for housing
would he get his money back?
Has cunning old Mo pulled off the greatest sting since the Indians were given three ropes of beads in exchange for Manhattan island?
Excuse the paranoia but I lived through the days of Clay and Bulstrode.
Does Khan even know we can be relegated unlike his weirdo American football league?

jarv

I don't trust ANY American ownership.

Glazers set the tone, borrowed millions against Manchester United to shift to other failing business. Is there one who actually gives a hoot about the teams purchased and their history. >?

JBH

Selling the ground for houising will not be as easy as people seem to think, I just don't think Mr Khan has relalised that unlike the NFL  relegation and loss of funding is an option  :028:

FFC1987

I have mentioned the topic regarding the value of the land before and I'll stick by what I said, it may be valuable but evidently difficult to sell. I don't think the intention of the Khan was to purchase to sell but I do think it helps keep the value of the club relatively high. A safety cap on his investment to some degree (obviously not near 150m however).

I don't think the OP has an argument myself and if we do go down, we will be in good shape and do what Saints did and bounce back with some refreshing youngters. I don't think it will get to this stage though and I don't see Mr Khan selling anything anytime soon. He will most likely reinvest.

jarv

Maybe the local residents will put up an even bigger fight against tower block flats than they did against stadium expansion.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: jarv on November 26, 2013, 01:04:25 PM

Glazers set the tone, borrowed millions against Manchester United to shift to other failing business. Is there one who actually gives a hoot about the teams purchased and their history. >?

Same could be asked about the English owners who sold their poor clubs and supporters down the river by making them public (a money grab if ever there was one) or selling them outright.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Admin

I'm also under the impression that something isn't right. Jol must seriously have someone bent over at the club, or a certain Mackintosh is covering his own ass by keeping Jol in a job to save his own, in the hope that he turns it around.

None of this doesn't make any sense any more and if it was another club, he'd be long gone by now. Last 10 home games, won 1, drawn 2, lost 8 with god knows how many goals shipped. The guy has clearly lost the dressing room, his players and burnt god knows how many bridges with staff members around the club. On top of this, he has totally trashed Fulhams home record.

I can't accept that we just start making poor decisions over night, we're normally good with this type of thing and always put right what is going wrong. Mackintosh doesn't just turn into an idiot over night either.

Bill2

Quote from: FFC1987 on November 26, 2013, 01:24:24 PM
I have mentioned the topic regarding the value of the land before and I'll stick by what I said, it may be valuable but evidently difficult to sell. I don't think the intention of the Khan was to purchase to sell but I do think it helps keep the value of the club relatively high. A safety cap on his investment to some degree (obviously not near 150m however).

I don't think the OP has an argument myself and if we do go down, we will be in good shape and do what Saints did and bounce back with some refreshing youngters. I don't think it will get to this stage though and I don't see Mr Khan selling anything anytime soon. He will most likely reinvest.
I thought the ground had covenants on it stopping development. Lets be fair it has always been a high value potential development area so you would have thought previous owners (E Clay) would have done it.

FFC1987

Quote from: Bill2 on November 26, 2013, 01:57:14 PM

I thought the ground had covenants on it stopping development. Lets be fair it has always been a high value potential development area so you would have thought previous owners (E Clay) would have done it.

There are certainly restrictions (Which Epsom is more clued up on) which mean its difficult to get any development on. However, there is still high value on land situated next to the thames. Its a redundant argument really as we don't know the value, we don't know whether things are changing in terms of the permissions on the land and we don't know what Khan has planned!

epsomraver

Quote from: Bill2 on November 26, 2013, 01:57:14 PM

You need to read the history to see why he did not and why Mo failed the same

Bassey the warrior

I am sceptical about his motivation for buying the club. However I don't think the fact that he hasn't sacked Jol means that he's not concerned about keeping the club up.
I think he was just badly advised. The real test of his support will be the January transfer window.

filham

If Bent had stuck in a couple of those chances on Saturday this thread wouldn't have been written. Forget high finance and devious plots and concentrate on football, that's where the problems are.

Peabody

A lot of us were around in the Clay/Bulstrode era and that is no reason to start conspiracy theories, unless you have clear evidence to the contrary

RidgeRider

YankeeJim

Quote from: jarv on November 26, 2013, 01:04:25 PM

Damn yanks.  fp.gif
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.