A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Spend or Save?

Started by mikeyffc28, November 26, 2013, 03:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What would you do in the January window?

Spend frivolously to "ensure" survival
10 (38.5%)
Spend a bit to sensibly attempt survival
15 (57.7%)
save every penny and go with whatever happens
1 (3.8%)

Total Members Voted: 23

mikeyffc28

if you were in control of what happens during the January window would you spend a bit of money on a few improvements in the hope that it helps to change the current fortunes; live dangerously and spend vast quantities of money to bring in players that should be good enough to turn around the current situation and ensure survival?; or save every penny in preparation for a potential move to the Championship, but still with the hope that the current team could beat the drop?

Deanothefulhamfan

I would go with the middle option. The last thing we want to do is spend like crazy and still go down. We would be ruined and would never recover.

We don't need a lot imo, we have a good squad. Just poor guidance / tactics / selection

FFC1987

Spending millions on Remy and Samba didn't help.

mikeyffc28

I completely agree, but some might see it that at least they attempted to get themselves out of a similar mess.  From what I saw in highlights from their games last season even with the mercinaries they had at least they showed some fight and desire occasionally.     

FFC1987

Which could cost them a further 60m in fines if the report in the daily mail is to be believed. Losing 80m in a year constitutes a fine of roughly 60m....Begs the question...Who comes up with the fine system? Financial difficulties don't improve if you incur further financial restraints on a club.

mikeyffc28

I dont know enough around the background of the fine that QPR are getting or about the financial side of the game but if they had managed to survive would the financial reward have offset that £80m? - was it just a massive gamble that was attempted and failed?  If they knew before their crazy purchases that such a financial penalty would be payable then why even consider it?

Holders

I think we should spend sensibly. It'll be the last opportunity to plug the gaps that are costing and endangering us. The consequences of relegation are too costly not to take very seriously.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

MJG

I'd spend but not on any player over 24. Even if we go down they need to have a sell on value or be good enough to get us back up.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

HatterDon

define "sensibly" and "frivolously" in the context of this poll, please.

Spending only 5,000 quid because you believe we have the management team and players to avoid relegation seems frivolous to me.

Conversely, paying off Jol's contract and spending 8-10 million on our midfield and attack because you realize that you'd lose more than that if we get relegated, seems quite sensible to me.

Until you clarify those terms, though, there's no sense in voting.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

grandad

Quote from: MJG on November 26, 2013, 05:21:06 PM
I'd spend but not on any player over 24. Even if we go down they need to have a sell on value or be good enough to get us back up.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

:plus one:
Where there's a will there's a wife

Airfix

Quote from: HatterDon on November 26, 2013, 05:37:56 PM
define "sensibly" and "frivolously" in the context of this poll, please.

Spending only 5,000 quid because you believe we have the management team and players to avoid relegation seems frivolous to me.

Conversely, paying off Jol's contract and spending 8-10 million on our midfield and attack because you realize that you'd lose more than that if we get relegated, seems quite sensible to me.

Until you clarify those terms, though, there's no sense in voting.

Amen!