BigNigeBowds

tbf it looked like it was going wide then got a deflection
'Hamburg host the final, Fulham play in it'

@SamBowdenFFC

EJL

God The Mechanic

ross_bamping

Another great sell by The Lump.
Yes, what I say may be seen as 'overdone' or 'harsh', and to be honest I don't care. Please, feel free to argue your case, but remember, I won't back down.

Admin

..is the talented Danny Hoesen who Jol practically gave away for nothing  fp.gif

Danny Hoesen ● Goals and Skills

Fulham boss Martin Jol has no hard feelings about letting Danny Hoesen leave the Cottagers last summer.

Dutch champions Ajax picked up the 21-year old- attacker for a small transfer fee after he was been unable to make the breakthrough at Fulham.

Hoesen, who was signed in 2009 from Fortuna Sittard and returned there on loan last year, scored for Ajax against PSV last weekend, his third goal for the club since his switch.

Jol told Dutch paper Algemeen Dagblad: "Of course I have seen the game against PSV. It's nice for the lad he scored.

"Danny was still too light for the first team. Therefore we let him gain experience at Fortuna.

"The Netherlands is an ideal country for him to develop. Less physical fights, less surviving. Danny really is a decent player. I hope he keeps getting chances at Ajax."

ToodlesMcToot

.....and here is the talented Bryan Ruiz with twice the highlights in the same league.

Bryan ruiz goals (FC Twente) [HD]٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶

Success there doesn't always translate here. It's highly likely that Jol was right that Danny needed the development there, that Danny needed to get on with his career rather than waste away on our U21's roster, and that Jol and the club did right by the kid.

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

JDH101

Quote from: Admin on November 26, 2013, 11:08:56 PM
..is the talented Danny Hoesen who Jol practically gave away for nothing  fp.gif

Danny Hoesen ● Goals and Skills

Fulham boss Martin Jol has no hard feelings about letting Danny Hoesen leave the Cottagers last summer.

Dutch champions Ajax picked up the 21-year old- attacker for a small transfer fee after he was been unable to make the breakthrough at Fulham.

Hoesen, who was signed in 2009 from Fortuna Sittard and returned there on loan last year, scored for Ajax against PSV last weekend, his third goal for the club since his switch.

Jol told Dutch paper Algemeen Dagblad: "Of course I have seen the game against PSV. It's nice for the lad he scored.

"Danny was still too light for the first team. Therefore we let him gain experience at Fortuna.

"The Netherlands is an ideal country for him to develop. Less physical fights, less surviving. Danny really is a decent player. I hope he keeps getting chances at Ajax."

I'm so depressed.

JDH101

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on November 26, 2013, 11:22:36 PM
.....and here is the talented Bryan Ruiz with twice the highlights in the same league.

Success there doesn't always translate here. It's highly likely that Jol was right that Danny needed the development there, that Danny needed to get on with his career rather than waste away on our U21's roster, and that Jol and the club did right by the kid.

Jol paid how much for Ruiz? Jol got how much for Hoesen?

TWFL

Hoesen requested the move. He was homesick and wanted back. Ajax were sniffing around and that was it apparently.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: JDH101 on November 27, 2013, 12:24:53 AM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on November 26, 2013, 11:22:36 PM

Jol paid how much for Ruiz? Jol got how much for Hoesen?

Wasn't the point Mr Admin was making. Wasn't the point I was making.

No point pining away over a kid because he scores a few in the Eredivisie. Doesn't mean he would've done anything for us.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

HatterDon

The Dutch league is a lightweight league. We can't expect strikers to duplicate their success there in the Premier League. I mean, just look at vanPersie, Suarez, and vanNistelrooy. What did they ever accomplish in the Prem?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

The Enclosurite

I don't buy into the 'he wanted to leave' excuse.  It's the duty of the people who run the club to make sure that that players do not get to that point.  It's not surprising that every promising youngster does eventually leave when they see that there is practically zero chance of ever playing first team football unless they are farmed out lower down the divisions.  Where is the encouragement to stick around?
¡COYW!

alfie

Quote from: The Enclosurite on November 27, 2013, 08:11:37 AM
I don't buy into the 'he wanted to leave' excuse.  It's the duty of the people who run the club to make sure that that players do not get to that point.  It's not surprising that every promising youngster does eventually leave when they see that there is practically zero chance of ever playing first team football unless they are farmed out lower down the divisions.  Where is the encouragement to stick around?

someone should tell the kids at Arsenal that it does not pay to go out on loan to learn your trade, after all none of them make the grade do they...
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

The Enclosurite

Quote from: alfie on November 27, 2013, 08:14:47 AM
Quote from: The Enclosurite on November 27, 2013, 08:11:37 AM

someone should tell the kids at Arsenal that it does not pay to go out on loan to learn your trade, after all none of them make the grade do they...

We're not talking about Arsenal though.
¡COYW!

res

The Hoesen deal included a strange phrase that we still own 30% of the player-which I assume means we get 30% of fees paid by anyone for him...so may be a decent deal if it's felt that he would not cope with the physical demands of the Premiership.
Accept the point, though, that we've been rubbish in integrating our younger players in the first team...so difficult to know whether Hoesen (or others) can cope.

God The Mechanic

Reverse the situation.

Young English player playing in Holland at a pretty non-descript club (let's pick NEC  Nijmegen - they finished 15th from 18 last year).  Not getting any minutes at his parent club because he's young so is farmed out to low top-tier teams in his homeland.  This happens for a couple of years then all of a sudden Man Utd come in!  They can promise a higher salary by default and even the chance at playing in the Champions League.  How do NEC Nijmegen keep that player?

If he'd been sold to some scrub team in Holland and had banged in 20 goals already this year then fair enough, but the kid got offered the chance to play for the biggest team in his homeland.  It would have been a nigh on impossible sell to keep him here.

As for Jol not playing him, he was on loan in Holland for the one year of Jol's reign that he was at the club.  You can't play a player when he isn't in the country.  Why didn't Roy play him, or Hughes play him in their two years at the club?  Too young?  Not good enough then?

Yes, I get Martin Jol is a big bad evil and there are things that he is massively screwing up at the club.  But only blame him for things when he is actually at fault, there are plenty of them as it is.

TWFL

Quote from: God The Mechanic on November 27, 2013, 09:15:34 AM
Reverse the situation.

Young English player playing in Holland at a pretty non-descript club (let's pick NEC  Nijmegen - they finished 15th from 18 last year).  Not getting any minutes at his parent club because he's young so is farmed out to low top-tier teams in his homeland.  This happens for a couple of years then all of a sudden Man Utd come in!  They can promise a higher salary by default and even the chance at playing in the Champions League.  How do NEC Nijmegen keep that player?

If he'd been sold to some scrub team in Holland and had banged in 20 goals already this year then fair enough, but the kid got offered the chance to play for the biggest team in his homeland.  It would have been a nigh on impossible sell to keep him here.

As for Jol not playing him, he was on loan in Holland for the one year of Jol's reign that he was at the club.  You can't play a player when he isn't in the country.  Why didn't Roy play him, or Hughes play him in their two years at the club?  Too young?  Not good enough then?

Yes, I get Martin Jol is a big bad evil and there are things that he is massively screwing up at the club.  But only blame him for things when he is actually at fault, there are plenty of them as it is.
:plus one:

FFC1987

Quote from: HatterDon on November 27, 2013, 05:35:15 AM
The Dutch league is a lightweight league. We can't expect strikers to duplicate their success there in the Premier League. I mean, just look at vanPersie, Suarez, and vanNistelrooy. What did they ever accomplish in the Prem?

I see what you've done there......For every top class athlete there's a donkey in the mix. I'd say though (uninformedly and a guesstimate) that more players have failed to make it from that league than have been the names you mentioned. :028:

God The Mechanic

Quote from: FFC1987 on November 27, 2013, 09:37:47 AM
Quote from: HatterDon on November 27, 2013, 05:35:15 AM

I see what you've done there......For every top class athlete there's a donkey in the mix. I'd say though (uninformedly and a guesstimate) that more players have failed to make it from that league than have been the names you mentioned. :028:

Van Persie took 6 years to really score a decent number of goals, we gonna (collectively) give Ruiz that chance?  Are we balls.