watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What I can't get my head around is

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, November 26, 2013, 09:53:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

...the amount of people on here slagging off Aaron Hughes, Brede Hangerlad and Damien Duff
These three were the cornerstone of our most successful period and yet now that they are 'slightly older' all of a sudden they're 'useless' and to0 old.
AH - Is as good as a centre half as we have and how anyone can either have a go or critisize him for his 'own goal' is beyond me, he had no options, the ball hit him and there was nothing he could do.
BH - A few weeks ago when he was playing, we conceeded a few goals from set pieces and we were all wondering
why he was being 'out jumped' or seemingly not jumping at all.
Now that we all know he has a sciatic nerve problem (and for anyone who hasn't had one it's excrutiating) I believe
he was probably going out there on pain killers (or something) to try to get through games, he's that sort of guy.
Whether he should have played or should have been stopped is debatable, either way he didn't do himself any good with
that nerve pain.
DD - He can still do a job for us in the short term. At least he's got some balls, still has skill, still gets down the line and gets in a good cross, tracks back and helps/covers his own full back, knows where the goal is and is probably one of the fitest guys in the whole squad. In the situation we're in now he'd be one of the first on my team sheet. I read on here today someone saying "Get him off the payroll, he's too old" mmmmmmmm
Of course I don't advocate keeping them forever but come on guys and gals give them a break
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

The Old Count

The perceived failings of the players have less to do with the players and more to do with the management of the players.

People who slag them off are, in most cases, missing the point.

EJL

The only reasons for playing Duff are his delivery from set-pieces and his work rate. Apart from that, he doesn't offer too much as a wide threat anymore. He struggles to beat his man due to inevitable decline in pace and agility, and he hasn't scored in over a year.