News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I think I know why Jol is still here....

Started by Fulham Tup North, November 26, 2013, 11:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham Tup North

092.gif  If we sack him then not only will Fulham have to pay him off, but Berba / Ruiz and all the rest of his dead wood.
They will have agreed to stay as long as Jol does and with him gone the others will follow suit.

I know most of them are useless and we would be better off without them, but paying off all those 'superstars' on silly wages will cost £m's. 

Kahn is clearly hoping that Jol can turn it around enough to keep us up this season and then when they all go in the Summer, build again without having to pay them off. 

Kahn is a Billionaire because he is a superb businessman but when it comes to football he has spent money to buy the club and now wants to do everything on the cheap.

Mr Khan please grow a pair.

Thank you.   065.gif
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Berserker

I'm sure there is some financial or legal reason why Jol is still with us, he would be gone by now otherwise.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

nickmuir

to be honest get red of them get 4m for berba and we would be lucky to offload ruiz for 2m

i think ruiz is lazy and a waste of space

Pluto

Quote from: nickmuir on November 26, 2013, 11:51:38 PM
to be honest get red of them get 4m for berba and we would be lucky to offload ruiz for 2m

i think ruiz is lazy and a waste of space

No chance of 4m for Berbatov unfortunately- his contact is up in the summer and he's free to agree a deal with foreign clubs from January.

bill taylors apprentice

You give players to much credit for loyalty or whatever you want to call it, of course some will come or go for numerous reasons but generally players first thought is for themselves and take the view "the king is dead, long live the king".
Until a better offer comes along that is.

I'm starting to think Jol has seduced the board into thinking he has such a wide and extensive contact list in Euro football that it would be mad to lose someone with his knowledge.

Therefore in time, the bigger picture is to build a management team were Jol becomes a "Director of football", type who procures players etc while the 1st team coach manages the team.

IMO Jol is stinking up the place and needs kicking out.  

HatterDon

what generally happens when a new boss comes in is that the old boss' favorites are unsettled, but those who were marginalized work extra hard to impress. If the new boss isn't inclined to get rid of the entire old guard, the new mix can work well.

Anybody who is now considering this job knows fully well who he'd push to the side, but it'll take a few sessions to see who the best replacements are.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

MJG

Players are employees and just get on with it. That type of emotional blackmail is one way it could be played to the board via Jol. The players only play for me....eh well there not, so what difference would it make if jol is sacked.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk