watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR...Best dessert you've ever had?

Started by Forever Fulham, November 28, 2013, 06:23:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Equalizer

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

HatterDon

there are more than a handful of restaurants in San Antonio who do an incredible tres leches cake. Stunning dessert.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

ron

I once had a portion of "Namedropper's Delight", a beguiling melange of fruits from the Tree of Knowledge and Phoenix eggs in unicorn milk, enjoyed on the terrace of a hotel with sweeping views of the Elysian Fields.  :54:

or was it rhubarb and custard? I can't quite remember. :023: 

MOR :

This time of year I like nothing better than a "Christmas Pudding Cheesecake" from Marks & Spencer...

Twig

My fave is christmas pudding.  Has to be made several months in advance by my other half.  Must contain serious quantities of rum and brandy, all contents organic.   Then it must be ignited with an alchol and castor sugar mix to splendid effect.  Serve with all he accompaniments then port, cheese and oblivion!

Jol needs to find a simiar magic blend soon or die!

EJL

Although it sounds like a fetish, a good ol' caramel apple granny with a nice serving of custard. Delightful.

nose

Quote from: MOR : on November 28, 2013, 08:09:05 PM
This time of year I like nothing better than a "Christmas Pudding Cheesecake" from Marks & Spencer...

i am sure its lovely but there is an ethnic element to proper cheescake and only a particular minority race is actually capable of making and judging real cheescake.
The closest to the 'real thing' i have had is in cornwall in a random pub, homemade and delicious. second in a few places in new york, third tesco american style cheescake... but it really has to be homemade and evelyn rose cookbooks have the proper recipe.

Forever Fulham

There's a restaurant in Brooklyn, NY called Juniors which is famous for its NY style cheesecake.  They claim to have invented the style.  It IS the real thing, but whether it is better than what you'd find in most NY delis, I don't know.  My father loved mince meat pie.  Never understood that pie.  Does anyone bother to make it anymore?

Shredhead

Quote from: TheOld Count on November 28, 2013, 02:06:13 PM
All we need now, to truly have the mickey taken out of us is a, 'Who's you favourite taylor,' thread.
My choice would be Maik.
But if you mean 'tailor', it would be a well known one in Brighton,  until things went pear-shaped for him.  
There's one in Savile Row (Patrick Something) whose gib (and suits) I like the cut of.
Other than that,  it would have to be Apsleys -the official FFC tailor. I wonder how many fans have taken advantage of their discount for supporters?
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

LordNelson

Bananas Fostet at Brennan's. Got to get you some of that in New Orleans.
"The Right Honorable Lord Viscount Nelson K.B., Vice-Admiral of the WHITE ... Fulham expects that every man will do his duty!"

The Old Count

Quote from: Shredhead on November 29, 2013, 12:05:21 AM
All we need now, to truly have the mickey taken out of us is a, 'Who's you favourite taylor,' thread.
My choice would be Maik.
But if you mean 'tailor', it would be a well known one in Brighton,  until things went pear-shaped for him.  
There's one in Savile Row (Patrick Something) whose gib (and suits) I like the cut of.
Other than that,  it would have to be Apsleys -the official FFC tailor. I wonder how many fans have taken advantage of their discount for supporters?

The spelling police are out in force today. Quite rightly, I might add.  Forgive my error.  Of course Maik would be my choice as well.
Incidentally, your use of a hyphen after 'Apsleys' is incorrect. A colon would be more appropriate. 

Burt

I am thinking of locking this thread for all the dribbling and drooling I am doing over my keyboard  :dft011:

Holders

Quote from: The Old Count on November 29, 2013, 10:01:05 AM
My choice would be Maik.
But if you mean 'tailor', it would be a well known one in Brighton,  until things went pear-shaped for him. 
Other than that,  it would have to be Apsleys -the official FFC tailor. I wonder how many fans have taken advantage of their discount for supporters?

The spelling police are out in force today. Quite rightly, I might add.  Forgive my error.  Of course Maik would be my choice as well.
Incidentally, your use of a hyphen after ‘Apsleys’ is incorrect. A colon would be more appropriate. 

There's no question mark required after "I wonder"; it's a statement not a question.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Shredhead

Quote from: Holders on November 29, 2013, 12:26:53 PM
My choice would be Maik.

The spelling police are out in force today. Quite rightly, I might add.  Forgive my error.  Of course Maik would be my choice as well.
Incidentally, your use of a hyphen after 'Apsleys' is incorrect. A colon would be more appropriate.  

There's no question mark required after "I wonder"; it's a statement not a question.
Holders and Old Count: thanks for your corrections.  It was very late at night, after 4 pints of ale.
I love this messageboard.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

Berserker

This might be a girly thing,  but if we lost I would get over it a lot quicker if I could have a lovely dessert afterwards.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Humbled

the mrs ........  :022:

EDIT - I agree with a few on here, the food in vegas in amazing.... would love some chicken wings from Twin Peaks right now!!!

The Old Count

Quote from: Shredhead on November 29, 2013, 09:15:06 PM
Quote from: Holders on November 29, 2013, 12:26:53 PM
My choice would be Maik.
But if you mean 'tailor', it would be a well known one in Brighton,  until things went pear-shaped for him. 
Other than that,  it would have to be Apsleys -the official FFC tailor. I wonder how many fans have taken advantage of their discount for supporters?

The spelling police are out in force today. Quite rightly, I might add.  Forgive my error.  Of course Maik would be my choice as well.

Holders and Old Count: thanks for your corrections.  It was very late at night, after 4 pints of ale.
I love this messageboard.

Cerebral posters: Fulhamish and FOFish.

grimmynz

I have to say the best dessert I've ever had was the last course of the degustation menu at the Wyne Bar in  Maroochidore (Sunshine Coast north of Brisbane.)  Strawberry souffle delivered to the table, then punctured and filled with hot white chocolate. Yummmmmmmm!

GloucesterWhite

Quote from: Berserker on November 29, 2013, 09:44:37 PM
This might be a girly thing,  but if we lost I would get over it a lot quicker if I could have a lovely dessert afterwards.
You must have put on a bit of weight lately  :016: