watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR...Best dessert you've ever had?

Started by Forever Fulham, November 28, 2013, 06:23:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forever Fulham

My wife and I are in New Orleans this Thanksgiving holiday.  The area is under record breaking cold weather.  I love this city.  There's nothing like it anywhere.  And the food, in a word, wow.  World class cooking.  High brow, low brow, whatever your tastes, the food is spectacular.  I haven't been here since Hurricane Katrina hit.  Yesterday, we shared the best bread pudding I've ever eaten.  I have a soft spot for Traverse City, Michigan tart cherry pie a la mode (vanilla of course).  But N'awlins bread pudding might just knock it off my No. 1 list.  Anybody got a favorite dessert?

The Equalizer

Probably the single best tasting pudding I've ever had was a Creme Brulet served at Tao's restaurant (Michelin star) in St Lucia.

However, the best dessert must be a pavlova that I made with the assistance of the lady who owns my heart at the beginning of this year. A great pudding, excellent music, laughter and being competely free of worry with the woman of my dreams. You can't better that.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

MJG

Without a doubt the best pancakes I have ever had were at America restaurant in New York New York Hotel in Las Vegas.
Was not quite for dessert but had to mention it.

God The Mechanic

Food in Vegas is ridiculous. At least in the big resorts, didn't venture further away from them in the few days I was there.

Had an amazing steak in Napa too. In fact, almost all thecfoid I've had when visiting America was amazing. Except the Subway breakfast thing. Dat wuz Grimm!

Southcoastffc

Quote from: The Equalizer on November 28, 2013, 09:19:54 AM
Probably the single best tasting pudding I've ever had was a Creme Brulet served at Tao's restaurant (Michelin star) in St Lucia.

However, the best dessert must be a pavlova that I made with the assistance of the lady who owns my heart at the beginning of this year. A great pudding, excellent music, laughter and being competely free of worry with the woman of my dreams. You can't better that.
Do you mean creme brule? (can't do french accents on this device). Or is brulet something different?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Rhys Lightning 63

My local pub, does an Ice Cream Cookie Cup that is TO DIE FOR
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

The Equalizer

Quote from: Southcoastffc on November 28, 2013, 10:59:54 AM
Quote from: The Equalizer on November 28, 2013, 09:19:54 AM

Do you mean creme brule? (can't do french accents on this device). Or is brulet something different?

No, I meant Créme Brulée. Typo. ;)
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

aFFCn_Fan

I've always been partial to a fruity tart    :Get Coat gif:
@hincharoo

jarv

chocolate gateaux with coffee sause, terminus nor'd, a restaurant opposite gar du nor in Paris.  many years ago.

Burt

Once a year I make a Christmas Pomegranate Pavlova.

Quite simply the best desert I have ever eaten.

Closely followed by my mum's home made trifle, and lemon ice cream, and chocolate roulade, which she makes for the extended family get-together every Boxing Day.

As you can tell, I have a heavy month coming up  :wine:

WhiteJC

more years ago than I like to think I had pear profiteroles in a little hotel in the Dordogne, truly wonderful

Ronnief

Had a choice of desert yesterday. Sticky Toffee pudding, Christmas Pud, Chocolate tort, Fresh Fruit salad and other luscious puds but I chose Treacle pudding and custard.  Delicious but did my blood sugars no good.

Shredhead

God, I hope there aren't any West Ham fans reading this thread.
Otherwise, instead of their 'You only sing when you're rowing' song will be 'You only sing when you're baking' or 'Does your baker know you're here?' instead of 'butler'.

Since you ask, my neighbours brought round a still warm apple tart for us after we let them use our wifi for a couple of weeks. Unexpected and delicious.
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

FulhamGiants

Simple, but I blimmin well love the mcdonalds apple pies!
I'm a Janner with Two loves - Plymouth Argyle and Fulham FC!

God The Mechanic

Quote from: FulhamGiants on November 28, 2013, 01:33:14 PM
Simple, but I blimmin well love the mcdonalds apple pies!

Are they still as hot as molten lava?

FulhamGiants

Funny you should say that, McDonalds in the UK did receive a warning or something after a huge number of complaints with regard mouth burns from the apple pies.

They are still darn hot, but not as hot.

I probably keep McDonalds in business with my intake of apple pies.
I'm a Janner with Two loves - Plymouth Argyle and Fulham FC!

The Old Count

All we need now, to truly have the mickey taken out of us is a, 'Who's you favourite taylor,' thread.

nose

Quote from: WhiteJC on November 28, 2013, 01:11:42 PM
more years ago than I like to think I had pear profiteroles in a little hotel in the Dordogne, truly wonderful
wow that sounds amazing, some of the best food i have ever eaten was in the dordogne

nose

At the In the 80s at the Grand Vefour in Paris (then a 2* restaurant) I haved a whole pear poached in Chinon (a red wine form the Loire) served warm in a slightly sweetened croissant. It was divine.

On the same truip in the Loire itself we had profiteroles shapped like candle holders, the pastry was slightly warm but the filling was coffe ice cream, also devine but poached pear always does it for me....

Holders

Spotted Dick and custard at the Warren House Inn (1450ft asl). That's a pudding, by the way, not that I saw Richard and his inappropriately-named dog/wife/girlfriend.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria