watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sense of Foreboding

Started by Berserker, November 29, 2013, 08:07:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jms

Feeling more optimistic now Berba a doubtful starter ! At least we'll start with 11 players, rather than 10 !

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: jms on November 29, 2013, 01:35:20 PM
Feeling more optimistic now Berba a doubtful starter ! At least we'll start with 11 players, rather than 10 !

Don't be so sure. That almost assures that Ruiz will be playing. I like him, but he's in a dire run of form at the moment and the boo birds are doing nothing to help with his confidence.

I wonder if they ever consider, just before they jeer and boo, that it's not his fault he's on the field. He's on a contract. He must play if he's chosen, whether he's playing well or poorly.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Vinnieffc

I'm having a Fulham Free Weekend. Off to watch Blackheath vs Blaydon in the Rugby instead. Win or lose, at least I get to have a few pints of Abbot Ale pitchside..

Aaron

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on November 29, 2013, 01:40:17 PM

Don't be so sure. That almost assures that Ruiz will be playing. I like him, but he's in a dire run of form at the moment and the boo birds are doing nothing to help with his confidence.

I wonder if they ever consider, just before they jeer and boo, that it's not his fault he's on the field. He's on a contract. He must play if he's chosen, whether he's playing well or poorly.

There was a thread where many of us (including myself) expressed our sympathy and sorrow for Ruiz' current plight.  You are quite correct, it's not his fault but you can't avoid the fact that he's been playing poorly ever since we signed him for an 8 figure sum..

LBNo11

...another Fulham free weekend for me, I will be watching the mighty Hampton FC against Grays Athletic and enjoying entertaining football. I will look for the result of course, but I no longer read reports or bother to watch MOTD it has frankly become to painful these days.

COYB..!
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Aaron on November 29, 2013, 02:37:05 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on November 29, 2013, 01:40:17 PM

There was a thread where many of us (including myself) expressed our sympathy and sorrow for Ruiz' current plight.  You are quite correct, it's not his fault but you can't avoid the fact that he's been playing poorly ever since we signed him for an 8 figure sum..

I wasn't avoiding the fact that he's playing poorly. It's absolutely true, though that hasn't always been the case IMHO. The only point I was hoping to make was that, if he's going to be asked to get out onto the pitch and play despite his current form, then it's best for all of us to support him in the strongest possible way. It's obvious to me that he takes the boos or cheers to heart and that it affects his performance.

Those hoping for improved results, as they say, should be giving him and the players all the encouragement they can muster.

Booing only increases the likelihood of poor results. It's counterproductive.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

NogoodBoyo

I look forward to tomorrow's game because I don't circumcise to the theories that
- tomorrow's is a must-win game
- it's got to be a six pointer or we're dead
- or, most importantly, it's Marten's last chance to keep his Joljob

I am relaxed in the knowledge that
- a win would be fun (if unlikely)
- a loss (much more likely) would be another nail in the Jol coffin
- a point would be dull, but still a point on the road to Damascus

Nogood "good point but a win-win it is , isit" Boyo

DukeTyrion

Ok, put a few quid on Fulham to win.

The last time I had this feeling was home versus Palace and that paid off, so let's hope this is a repeat!

Count Berbatov

Quote from: DukeTyrion on November 29, 2013, 07:28:08 PM
Ok, put a few quid on Fulham to win.

The last time I had this feeling was home versus Palace and that paid off, so let's hope this is a repeat!
I will do the same

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

ffc73

Quote from: Peabody on November 29, 2013, 12:19:37 PM
Yup, I am sharing most of your emotions, there is another one though and that is, every Friday, I think to myself, this is surely the time when we turn it around and then br Saturday morning that false glimmer of hope vanishes and I start to wonder how many are we going to lose by today. Blimey, I would even takes draw as a positive result

Getting ready to go to Upton Park today and this is exactly how I feel right now

filham

So,so hard to be positive at the moment, the only hope today is that West Ham have injury problems and their form is bad, regretably ours is worse. It looks like another defeat or at the best a 0-0 draw.

Wish I could switch off , but with relegation in the air I keep hoping for some sign of an improvement in performance.

LBNo11

...because there is such little hope this could be the proverbial fulhamish three points for us. I don't want Jol to be kept on, no matter the result, I just want my team to survive the mess Jol has got us into COYW...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

the nutflush

My prediction is we will see the Kevin Nolan chicken wing celebration twice today.  He normally beats us by himself.  We always run him into form.