watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sense of Foreboding

Started by Berserker, November 29, 2013, 08:07:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berserker

Does anybody else start getting a sense of apprehension as the weekend looms. I don't read any predictions or even the Friday or Saturday Fulham stuff, and Lawenson has totally gone out the window. I don't just avoid after match reports anymore, or MOTD, it's before articles as well now : (
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

TWFL

I know exactly what you mean. When on a bad run I just can't face reading the articles where we're once again labelled as appalling. Desperately need to get something out this weekend's game, just for a bit of a boost to morale.

bigglesfc

I know I haven't been too active on the forum, though I continue to log in and read with interest, although the mood here is particularly downbeat.  I really feel that this weekend is the game where FFC will turn it around.  A bit of confidence will get them some points.  I cant' attend games, given my location (Sydney) but I get up and watch every game at 2am cheering, groaning on the coach quietly so as to not wake the wife.  So lets get behind them and give the team a bit of a lift.      

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Yes, avoidance has become a necessary tool in maintaining solid mental health ................... who knew ???

However, just viewing the topics can start a worry, for example

We can do an Aston Villa  

right next to

Mesca gone to Crew

Slaphead in Qatar

I think we are going to get a hiding tomorrow. We never do well there at the best of times,  and these are not the best of times.

Jimpav

I'm hating being a Fulham supporter right now. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate how spoilt we have been the last few years but it's been dire since Sunderland at home last season.

I knew we were on for a bad run when I saw the fixture list after Palace but to have not taken a single point with the squad we have is shocking.

The fact that Jol is still at the helm after each defeat snuffs out any chinks of light that dare to blink out from the darkness when the final whistle blows.

I've gone from feeling despairing, to angry, to now plain apathy.

We have sleepwalked into a relegation situation and now it feels like we are screaming silently. We may only be one or two wins of mid-table but our performances are light years away.

Being a Fulham fan, I have never asked or expected anything more than a decent performance on the pitch and every player to give their best effort. This hasn't been happening for a long time and it hurts.

Bedford White

There are only three possible outcomes for Fulham, win, lose or draw. For me, and pretty much every other Fulham supporter only one of these is acceptable, after all were playing a team who have no defined strikers.

(I know what you're thinking but please don't go there, in the interests of PMA please dont go there).

I'm feeling relatively upbeat at the moment, I think we'll win tomorrow. COYW

Aaron

Yes, and I've already decided not to watch the match tomorrow..

We never win at Upton Park regardless of our form..  Considering how we're playing now, I'd be astounded with anything other than a loss.

DukeTyrion

I have a funny feeling we will win tomorrow.

I don't know how, or why, but I just get that sense.

jms

Quote from: Aaron on November 29, 2013, 09:08:56 AM
Yes, and I've already decided not to watch the match tomorrow..

We never win at Upton Park regardless of our form..  Considering how we're playing now, I'd be astounded with anything other than a loss.

Sadly agree with this. The worst bit is, that we seem so helpless as fans to make any changes that make any difference. Hundreds of us have sent emails, many season ticket holders / members are not attending home games; many at the games have voiced their disapproval. The only chink of light that I can see is Rene, and changes that he can bring behind the scenes.Getting them fit for a start, so that they don't lose in the last 10 minutes due to lack of concentration......I could go on. We all know what's wrong, we just have to hope that he can work miracles. My brother supports West Ham, and is as depressed as me ( well not quite ! ) He expects to lose, I expect to lose. You could say, negativity rules the day.

Burt

We haven't got the best of records at theirs, and any side on a poor run of form must get an immediate uplift when they see our name next up on the fixture list.

Doom...gloom...I'm in danger of turning in to my mother-in-law...

Admin

Quote from: DukeTyrion on November 29, 2013, 09:23:41 AM
I have a funny feeling we will win tomorrow.

I don't know how, or why, but I just get that sense.

I had this against Swansea and when I do, we normally win. However, we didn't so I know the chips are down. Not confident, sorry.

Jem

Quote from: Burt on November 29, 2013, 09:36:46 AM
We haven't got the best of records at theirs, and any side on a poor run of form must get an immediate uplift when they see our name next up on the fixture list.

OMG. We must be related, that's my mother-in-law your talking about!
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

Burt

Quote from: Jem on November 29, 2013, 09:45:36 AM
Quote from: Burt on November 29, 2013, 09:36:46 AM

OMG. We must be related, that's my mother-in-law your talking about!

Is she a brummie too?
:dft011:

Holders

I used not to be able to come on here for a few days after a loss but that's gone out of the window now so that shows the depths of my resignation.

The worst thing about thinking about tomorrow is that Cole always scores against us and it sounds as if he'll be playing.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Fulham1959

There was a ridiculous rush to judgement last week when RM had barely got his first foot through the door.

He may not be the answer but  -  even if he is only a partial answer  -  it's going to take some time, assuming his input is acted upon.  How about a draw tomorrow and then we beat Spurs ?

It would be so interesting to have a crystal ball to look forward 12 months and to see how things had panned out during that time.

jarv

I feel numb (and resigned to relegation now). I will most likely watch tomorrow, for the first half at least, depending on score and performance.

My son and I discussed Fulham at length yesterday. Neither of us are confident now. Both of us want Fulham to survive. The problem is, our discussion (and analysis) resulted in no positives in our heads to get to survival. Gloom and doom! 075.gif

Lighthouse

Apathy has set in and frankly like many others I no longer think Fulham will be entertaining let alone win. The good results as a Fulham supporter are always one of the things we cannot and never have expected or been able to control. But having to put up with the dire,dour,disdainful disaster we have seen in the last year is beyond comprehension.

Sadly while we have the present non attacking philosophy (West Ham supporters complain of the same thing but let them experience real no attack football). Football and Fulham remain a nuisance. I used to love them and will love them again. But right now we are taking a trial seperation until the present family move out. Even a good result is a passing fad. Let us get back to the times of trying to win games. Fail if we must. But not to try and call it clever football is not worth the effort of support.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Peabody

Yup, I am sharing most of your emotions, there is another one though and that is, every Friday, I think to myself, this is surely the time when we turn it around and then br Saturday morning that false glimmer of hope vanishes and I start to wonder how many are we going to lose by today. Blimey, I would even takes draw as a positive result

ToodlesMcToot

I always have a sense of foreboding away to West Ham. When's the last time we did well there?

Just give me a clean sheet and a positive performance please.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude