News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

No diary or a calendar this year from Ashwater Press !!! (I'm gutted)...

Started by MOR :, November 29, 2013, 03:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MOR :

Not coming soon:
Sorry, but Ashwater are not producing a diary or a calendar this year. We understood we were going to produce these in conjuction with Fulham FC, but after four months of dialogue, the rug was whipped from under our feet at the eleventh hour - too late for us to produce these ourselves.

STOP PRESS

Printers and Christmas don't go very well together. Printers are always very busy at this time, and we've told that our Strikers book is 'in a queue'. We won't have delivery until into December, though we have been promised copies in good time to post for Christmas! So, sorry for the delay to all our supporters who have already ordered the book. Please bear with us...

Fulham's dealings with us (see above) meant that we got the book to the printers later than we had anticipated, which is partly why production is being delayed.

Rhys Lightning 63

Cheers for the update. When you say 'into December', do you have a rough idea? I'm off on holiday on the 16th and would ideally like it before then (if it doesn't no biggy, I've got others to read), but would just like to know, so I know what to pack
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Burt

Wow... I was hoping that the club would start collaborating with Ashwater but it looks like it's gone backwards once more.

LBNo11

...another disgraceful scenario by the club and their continued poor treatment of Ashwater Press. No doubt the club strung them along long enough to ensure they pulled out of any deal for Ashwater to fund and get made in time on purpose so that they can get the market sales for their own product themselves and cut out the competition...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

MOR :

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on November 29, 2013, 03:47:41 PM
Cheers for the update. When you say 'into December', do you have a rough idea? I'm off on holiday on the 16th and would ideally like it before then (if it doesn't no biggy, I've got others to read), but would just like to know, so I know what to pack

Apologies Riether Lightning 63 if this seems to come from me...I got it off of the "Ashwater Press" site as I was wondering what had happened to the diaries...Maybe drop Ken an email

[email protected]

or phone: 01344 624 231 

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: MOR : on November 29, 2013, 10:15:25 PM
Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on November 29, 2013, 03:47:41 PM

Apologies Riether Lightning 63 if this seems to come from me...I got it off of the "Ashwater Press" site as I was wondering what had happened to the diaries...Maybe drop Ken an email

[email protected]

or phone: 01344 624 231 

No worries, I shall. Thankyou
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Lighthouse

Can I just say sod it. I have been looking at my calender and have used it for appointments in one of the worst years of my life. The little pleasure of looking up at the memory of the players and games actually helped. But once again Fulham seem to have forgotten why they are here. They distance themselves from the supporters even more.

Thank goodness for Ashwater. If they had a football team I would support them right now.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Fulham1959

Shame about the diary  -  I was wondering if something had happened.

I LOVE that diary format.  I shall have to look elsewhere, now, and hope it's back for 2015.  At least I have the Strikers book to look forward to.

Fulham1959

I received the Fulham Strikers book today.

As ever, it's a beautiful presentation jam-packed with high quality pictures and substantial text on quality paper.

So far, I have only skimmed through it but I've found the mistake - Berbatov credited with 15 goals in season 2101-2013 !

MOR :

Quote from: Fulham1959 on December 18, 2013, 03:11:21 PM
I received the Fulham Strikers book today.

As ever, it's a beautiful presentation jam-packed with high quality pictures and substantial text on quality paper.

So far, I have only skimmed through it but I've found the mistake - Berbatov credited with 15 goals in season 2101-2013 !

Still waiting for my 2 x Strikers books...One's a present so hopefully it'll arrive tomorrow as I've got to send it off...

LBNo11

...my sons are buying me the strikers book and the David Hamilton book (which is on offer for a tenner at the moment) between them for my Christmas present, of course I don't know this yet, but I had to tell them the names of the books and where to get them from yesterday. I'm looking forward to my surprise.. xma2

MikeW

"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

b+w geezer

My wife has bought me the strikers book and collected it from the sorting office today, but we'll do the proper thing and wait a week now. She had to collect it as the postage needed to be paid -- Ashwater had dispatched it without any stamps! Ken Coton can be forgiven a mistake every couple of decades. His account is still very much in credit.

epsomraver

Quote from: LBNo11 on December 18, 2013, 04:51:31 PM
...my sons are buying me the strikers book and the David Hamilton book (which is on offer for a tenner at the moment) between them for my Christmas present, of course I don't know this yet, but I had to tell them the names of the books and where to get them from yesterday. I'm looking forward to my surprise.. xma2

Thanks for the tip Ed just ordered diddy d 's book for myself, had to laugh, on Amazon a woman has given it 4 stars and then says book unopened but looks good! fp.gif

cmg

An early Christmas present arrived this morning in the form of the 'Strikers' volume.

I would like to pay tribute to the person of great taste and perception who orderd this book from me. A person sympathetic to my interests and sufficently concerned about my well-being to pander to my every need. Yes, that's right - I bought it for myself.

It's a superb book, beautifully produced with a wealth of pictures and interesting and well written pieces on all our goalscoring stars plus some for whom both the words 'stars' and 'goalscoring' is rather stretching it. All the glories of Leggat, Clarke, Mitchell, Saha, Boa, McBride right down to the disappointments of the likes of Large, Kitchen and Warboys (which are just as much a part of the Fulham heritage). Even Reg Stratton gets a mention.

I can't recommend it too highly and, given that there does not seem to be many left, I must say it would make a great last-minute pressie for anyone with a love of Fulham.

It would be a scandal if this excellent little publishing outfit (Ashwater - no, I am not a shareholder) were to go under, strangled by the suits and number crunchers at the big club. If Fulham FC plc (or whatever) had any sense they would sign this publisher up as exclusive producers of FFC material; it could only benefit the image of the club.

Fulham1959

Quote from: epsomraver on December 18, 2013, 07:41:57 PM

Thanks for the tip Ed just ordered diddy d 's book for myself, had to laugh, on Amazon a woman has given it 4 stars and then says book unopened but looks good! fp.gif

I've just looked at the reviews of Class Of 92 on Amazon.  At least 3 x 5-star "reviews" are from people who have ordered the DVD as presents and are expecting that the recipient will like it.   fp.gif fp.gif

LBNo11

...well they have been received and I have started the David Hamilton book first, I am pleasantly surprised and have enjoyed it so far, many shared memories, plus he has a very high regard of Les Barrett. The strikers book will follow.

The club, as mentioned earlier in this thread have screwed Ashwater Press, and have in my opinion behaved very badly. As they have in effect boycotted Ashwater I will boycott their shoddy, sub-standard products. Old school is not the market they care about...