watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So What Now

Started by filham, November 30, 2013, 06:43:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Come Wednesday night when we have been played of the park we will have hit rock bottom, what next.
I think the following should be the priorities:-

1. Sack Jol .
2. Pray that Hangeland can return fully fit pretty soon.
3. Explain to he players that we are in a relegation battle and if it is lost it could mean the end of their premiership careers.
4. Ensure that a new manager is in position within 10 days, think about Lee Clarke as a replacement.
5. Make every effort to get Dejegah fit.
6.  Put Ruiz and Berbatov on the transfer list.
7. Try to get Dempsey back as soon as possible.
8. Play Boatang and Parker in the midfield.
9. Make £25m available for new signings in the next window with  emphasis on finding a new left back, a replacement for Ruiz/Berbatov and and a  new central midfielder, all the new players to have high work rates and a degree of pace.
10. Introduce special training for defending and taking corners.

BestOfBrede

Get rid of Bent & Taarabt to start with.
Karagounis showed that he's still 100 times better than Sidwell will ever be.
Zvortic and Richardson need to be replaced.
Duff, I'm sorry to say, has had his time.
Ruiz is being used as a scapegoat! Ok Berbs and Ruiz cannot play together, but if Berbs isn't playing then Ruiz is the only outstanding talent left on the pitch.
If we keep Stekenleburg it will be a miracle.
Kasami's standard has dropped already, but that could be because he sees this as a lost cause!

Last night I watched Blues America and BBC Blues on BBC 4 and I got more enjoyment in a couple of hours than I have all season!

res

Special training to deal with corners and to take corners??!! What are they doing in training?? Taking/defending set pieces is basic and they're clearly not doing that!!

The Old Count

What now?

The board will do nothing and we will be relegated.

The Prem.....It was good while it lasted. Back to the lower leagues. I've been supporting the club for over fifty years....I'm used to seeing us play Barnsley and Rotherham.

Bassey the warrior

If a new manager comes in what will happen to Rene? I think he is more likely to take over than any other man and certainly not Lee Clark who is not a good fit.

Personally I felt Hughes and Amorebieta did okay, as did Zverotic. In fact it was only those three and Stekelenburg that came out with any degree of credit. Furthermore if Hangeland returns too early and plays the way he was playing before he got injured, poorly, we will be weaker rather than stronger.

Ruiz will I now accept have to be sold if he doesn't get better, he's simply got worse over the course of the season. Bent needs to realize that he can't live off his reputation alone, he needs to get off his arse and start contributing to the team.

TonyGilroy

What do do now?

Prepare for next season in the Championship whilst being very aware that this lot will slip straight down to League 1.

Of course there has to be a new manager but it's one hell of a job and there really has to be an appointment of someone who is decisive and ruthless. The lack of pace, energy, ambition and confidence is horrific and there really is no quick fix.

Sacking Jol and expecting a replacement to put things right is unrealistic when hardly any of the players seem up for a fight. We can spend money in January but the sort of players we need probably won't be available or willing to come.

This really is pitiful.

bulgariawhite

Furby

In my opinion, Hangers won't play until Jol has gone. I never understood how he played twice for Norway, once when he was injured and didn't play for us the week before. Although he was probably playing the worse I'd ever seen him play since joining.

JDH101

Quote from: Furby on November 30, 2013, 07:38:58 PM
In my opinion, Hangers won't play until Jol has gone. I never understood how he played twice for Norway, once when he was injured and didn't play for us the week before. Although he was probably playing the worse I'd ever seen him play since joining.

I agree that something odd is up with Hangers. I can't help but think that him and Jol had a falling out and Hangerland won't play for him. I'm worried that if Jol is gone by January, Jol could ship out another one of our good players.

He has destroyed our team. He has to be gone tomorrow right?

Nick Bateman

SELL STEKELENBURG!  Please!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

EJL

Christ above, not Lee Clark.

Buffalo76

Quote from: EJL on November 30, 2013, 07:48:25 PM
Christ above, not Lee Clark.

No way. Great player but completely unproven. Needs more time learning his craft before any possible chance of becoming manager in the future.

Count Berbatov

I think there's a way and time to save the season with a new coach. But it has to be immediately. But in all honesty, odds are against you

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"