watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I'm back to help Fulham stay up!

Started by Nick Bateman, November 30, 2013, 07:29:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

Hello all genuine Fulham supporters 049:gif.  After a long absence I've decided to return to the forums to make a few points - perhaps it will get through to the hapless management we have at the present.

The main reason Fulham are in trouble is because of our "average" goalkeeper, Maarten Stekelenburg.  He couldn't lace the boots of our former keeper Mark Schwarzer :Haynes The Maestro:, whom, in my opinion, was the best goalie in the Premier League (and still is).

One just has the review the goals this favoured Dutchman has let in recently to see he is below the previous standard.  Today he was beaten by a deflected goal which was deflected outside the box!!!

Are you seriously telling me that a top goalkeeper cannot readjust in time when a deflection occurs from so far a distance from his starting point??!! :58:

The last goal was even more comical.  Joe Cole hit a hopeful shot and Stekelenburg stood there and let it in. fp.gif  STOCKDALE WOULD DO BETTER THAN HIM! :dft007:

Our defense is not exempt: from the moment I saw Hangeland would be missing for several games, one feared the worst.  The last time this happened when he was suspended Fulham lost all 3 matches. 

But a top-draw keeper would have rescued a few points, and why Jol allowed his blatant "ageism" to let Schwarzer join our rivals Chelsea when he was in such terrific form will be the undoing of his tenure at the club.

Jol and Billy McKinley OUT! :046:
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

JDH101

Muppet. The keeper is about the only thing we have going for us. Its the least of our worries.

bulgariawhite

What planet are you on? The team and manager are to blame in total

Nick Bateman

Even last week, Stekelenburg didn't take a step when Shelby hit his shot.  Plenty of other 'keepers would have tipped that one over the bar.  His record since returning from injury is averaging 3 goals a game!!!

mungos beans

Are you the original nasty nick. Your post veers towards you are

DukeTyrion

Quote from: mungos beans on November 30, 2013, 07:46:56 PM
Are you the original nasty nick. Your post veers towards you are

He is not. He just pretends to be, whilst ironically, asking everyone else to be genuine.

EJL

Okay...

I think the correct word is 'WUM'?

TonyGilroy

Just when you think things couldn't get any worse the moderators' quality control fails.

Peabody

It reads like it is him. Next he will be telling us he knows about football

Nick Bateman

I am 'he' of whom you refer to. Adjusting to this forum and the fact the Fulham message board has been discontinued - another reason why we are deteriorating.

To the discerning eye one can see Stekelenegburger at fault, but even the biggest admirer cannot explain his impersonation of a Madamme Tausard's WAXWORK from Joe Cole's speculative poke at goal!  

Unfortunately, there are not enough discerning eyes available, especially in the management.

And why was Rod Laver not brought on to shore up the attack while we were chasing a result?  Clueless!

PS:  That being said about the former official Fulham forum, this one looks rather good and has plenty of icons one can add emphasis to one's observations.  :beer:

The Bronsons

"I am 'he' of whom you refer to."

Just out of interest, where did you learn to speak English?

Nick Bateman

Deal with the thrust of my point, rather than the frippery...