more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham have a new statue to replace Michael Jackson's

Started by Nick Bateman, November 30, 2013, 09:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Bateman

Maarten Stekeleneburg!

An average goalkeeper helping to lose us the points Mark Schwarzer salvaged for us every season - betrayed by an 'ageist' Jol and given to our neighbourhood rivals for FREE!!!!  fp.gif

One couldn't script such a "greek tragedy"...
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

DukeTyrion

... move along ... nothing to see here ...

... the fake Nick fro the old Forums has landed here and hopefully will not be here very long ...

epsomraver

Quote from: DukeTyrion on November 30, 2013, 10:05:57 PM

... the fake Nick fro the old Forums has landed here and hopefully will not be here very long ...

Best just blank him, it worked last time.

Nick Bateman

Rather than bury your heads in the sands, heed the words of someone who KNOWS HIS FOOTY!  I've given him every chance, he is worse than young Stockdale.  Because he isn't making a catastrophic error you cannot see the smaller errors which are costing Fulham goals, those which Schwarzer did NOT do.

It's Dutch nepotism at its worst!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Bedford White

He is talking about the Netherlands World Cup goal keeper right? I think Stekelenburg is being left utterly exposed by our so called defence. Not many keepers could do more IMO.

7787fulham

Steks is an amazing keeper if it wasn't for him we would have lost some of those games by double figures

bobby01

Quote from: epsomraver on November 30, 2013, 10:09:02 PM
Quote from: DukeTyrion on November 30, 2013, 10:05:57 PM

Best just blank him, it worked last time.

:plus one:
Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I've got to agree.
Every premiership goalkeeper should be able to save shots and make
the occasional incredible save.
The things that make a great keeper include:

Owning his area at corners or set pieces (I don't buy the fact that Noble stood in front of him to prevent his coming off the line) Nudge him out of the way, with refs these days protecting goalkeepers that wouldn't be an issue.
With a strong voice 'MY BALL' or whatever, he lets all of our defenders around him know that he's 'in charge'
This gives the defenders a lot more confidence.
Think about it, how many of our goals conceded from set pieces have been in and not far from the six yard line ? probably most of them.
They are or should be, in most cases, the goalies ball, especially higher set pieces where the ball is in the air a lot longer and give the goalie longer to follow the flight and get in position. 'Flatter' kicks I know are more difficult to defend.
But that should be standard training ground stuff.
The defenders should be told (and they know virtually as soon as the ball leaves the kickers foot) that if it's a flat ball defend it.
If it's a high ball they should here 'MY BALL' and protect the goalie if necessary.
With his additional height and 'punchability' very few people should out jump his reach.
This is why relatively few goals are actually scored from corners, when you would think it  would be 50%/50%. for each cross.
The difference is a commanding goalie.
Never mind that Berbatov didn't mark the geezer a couple of weeks ago. (although that was unforgivable, he must have thought "Hang on I'm captain, not you, shorter, more energetic person"
That should have been the goalies.
The way we are playing there is a lot of pressure put on our defense and if you look at recent games and the amount of shots the opponents are having, if their shooting was better we would have had several hammerings. The Swansea game could easily have been 10-3 to them and that's with us taking all of our chances and Swansea only taking 50% of theirs.
I know this is not the goalkeepers fault, but a goalkeeper can give so much confidence to his defense allowing them to focus on other things.
This is not what Stek does.
Swartz, EDS, Niemi, Taylor all did it.
Obviously this is only one area of our problems, but Stek should not be the 1st person on the list for praise.

Do I get the job ? I'm available as soon as I get my passport renewed and for a fraction of the asking price.
I know this is not funny, we're all gutted.
It'll be interesting to see how much if any influence RM has (when Jol has gone)
I mean things like Ruiz on, Duff off...............an inspiring substitution
Anyone else on, Duff off would have been better.
MD2 must have been thinking (in the whirlwind of a debut) what the hell am I doing here ?

I rest my case, boring or what  ?
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

EJL

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES