watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I can't believe some of you

Started by Chutney, December 01, 2013, 04:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chutney

Now is the time to get behind our new manager, Jol is gone.

There are already negative posts towards Meulensteen and he hasn't even had the job an hour.

We got what we wanted and now its time to get behind the team and all work together for a more positive season.

Certain members of this board are part of the problem at this club. They are most likely the same people who go to the games just to moan and slag off the players for 90 minutes.

Can we leave the negativity associated with Jol behind us and actually try being supporters from this point on?
C O Y W

alexbishop

I think you are just going to provoke people with this topic...
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

ScalleysDad

You might well be right regarding provoking some posters but well said all the same. I for one am fully signed up to support RM for a few weeks, even though I thought Symons would get a crack at it to remould the Club ethos, and I will now be doing both Spurs and Villa which this morning was not the case.
Keep your head down then.

The Enclosurite

Yep, clean slate for me now.  All will have my backing until they convince me otherwise.
¡COYW!

fulhams_finest

meluensteen has been here 2 weeks and we still havent got a point - I will support him 100% but remain unconvinced

Junichi

I think that a lot of people have become that obsessed and accustomed with moaning, that they have now adopted it as one of their traits, and are forever doomed to be whinging, impaitent, unpleasant cry-babies who will throw their toys out of their prams the second something doesn't go their way.

Give Rene a bloody chance.

JBH

Day 1 of the new era begins tomorrow clean slate and a bit of patience required for a few weeks  065.gif

Peabody

Well said, we need a positive reaction to what most wanted

Jack Fulham

I'm think appointing a head coach, then replacing the manager with him two weeks later is bad conduct by the club. Obviously I am happy Jol is gone but RM doesn't have much pedigree as a manager in comparison to someone like Hodgson. Obviously has a wealth of coaching experience though which Coleman didn't and he did okay. Its a weird way of conducting business how this appointment has come about.

premFlem

Because it took so long to sack Jol, the negativity has reached pathogenic status
but I feel we have a good chance of turning this around now and should be patient over the next couple of months.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

ffc73

Quote from: Jack Fulham on December 01, 2013, 05:39:59 PM
I'm think appointing a head coach, then replacing the manager with him two weeks later is bad conduct by the club. Its a weird way of conducting business how this appointment has come about.

Happens quite frequently in business.  Sometimes it works and other times their is a power struggle that drags on for months.  NogoodBoyo wrote a piece on this as soon as Rene was appointed.

If the partnership had worked everyone was a winner.  It did not and the club have acted decisively in two weeks before any internal conflict dragged on.  Effective management by Khan to me

Martinsback

Quote from: fulhams_finest on December 01, 2013, 05:21:55 PM
meluensteen has been here 2 weeks and we still havent got a point - I will support him 100% but remain unconvinced

He would have to be a miracle worker to have sorted out this mess in two weeks. Just getting to know the names of the staff takes that long.

Walsh

I am behind Rene but there is not much he can do... We have a terrible squad and he wont be able to change that until January and it will take a few weeks for the new players to jell together. Hopefully he is good at magic and can turn Ruiz into the player we thought we bought and get a nice tempo going. I'm not going to lie I'm not expecting much to change but surely we can only get better from here on out.

One Martin Thomas

Quote from: JBH on December 01, 2013, 05:28:49 PM
Day 1 of the new era begins tomorrow clean slate and a bit of patience required for a few weeks  065.gif

Exactly... new era and hopefully the brand of football that provides a "shot on target" .  Rene's black / white army !

jeremyfulham

Some people !!! Bet its the same ones that called for Jol to be sacked but could not name a successor ...careful what you wish for !!

Chutney

COYW! I'm glad there are others out there that feel the same, we need to find our voice wednesday and show the club that we appreciate that they are trying to turn this around for us.
C O Y W

Logicalman

Quote from: Jack Fulham on December 01, 2013, 05:39:59 PM
I'm think appointing a head coach, then replacing the manager with him two weeks later is bad conduct by the club. Obviously I am happy Jol is gone but RM doesn't have much pedigree as a manager in comparison to someone like Hodgson. Obviously has a wealth of coaching experience though which Coleman didn't and he did okay. Its a weird way of conducting business how this appointment has come about.

Well, lets see .. I think Roy is gainfully employed at the moment, so'd Cookie I believe.

As for a weird way of doing it, its no worse, and actually better, than sacking a manager and getting a new one in cold, that has not had a chance to work with the players, or see them in training/practice, or play actual matches. I said this when Rene was hired as whatever title they gave him, they were bringing in Jols replacement, and Jol knew it, he just didn't quite know how long he actually had in reality, but stay up or get relegated, Jols contract had a 'do not renew' clause added the moment Rene stepped in the door.

mikeyffc28

Lets get behind Rene, the team and the club as a whole and show complete support to get this mess turned around.
No more pessimism....onwards and upwards.

COYW!!!!!!  :clap_hands: :yay: 049:gif

Skatzoffc

A new coach is a clean slate for the players as well. They can now show the new boss what they can do and as a result should get picked to play.
IMO, its obvious they wouldn't play for you, so he had to go.
COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

nose

On this occasion, I hav to agree with the 'get behind the new manager and the lads' brigade.
Jol has gone, that is what i wanted.
We now have to move on and give the new man every chance to succeed! And for that we have to be 100% supportive.

I think the concern some people have is the new man is a bit of an unknown when it comes to managing and as such it is hard to form an opinion.  People are also usually nervous of change so get unsettled I am also uneasy but that is natural. But I also embrace the change culture (when it is needed) otherwise you can never move forward.  I recall when Mickey adams and macDonald were appointed there were similar concerns as to their excperience and they were two of the best managers we ever had in turning round our fortunes.

I am hoping for great things in the weeks to come and a couple of good signings in the transfer window and watch us fly up the table! And first we must get the performances right and the team totally focused and comitted and happy again, because that has been such an issue recently.