A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What will happen to Rene Meulensteen?

Started by farfouille, December 01, 2013, 08:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What will happen to Rene Meulensteen this season?

He will be promoted to Manager
9 (31%)
He will remain Head Coach (a new Manager will be signed)
9 (31%)
He will leave/be sacked until the end of the season
2 (6.9%)
Not sure/don't care
1 (3.4%)
I thought he already was the Manager!
8 (27.6%)

Total Members Voted: 29

farfouille

I just wanted to see your predictions. I think we will have a new Manager soon and Rene is just temporary "running First Team duties".  067.gif
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

alexbishop

i think maybe the sensible thing to do is leave him as Head Coach (aka Villas Boas), bring in a decent assistant and bring in a decent director of football to handle such things as transfers.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Holders

Give him a chance then we'll see. christ, coaches don't come with much better pedigree than him and it's improved coaching we've been crying out for.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

JackyFulham90

Muelensteen will be the new manager Khan has confirmed this the players seem to like him so it's a good move

SP

I'll give him 6 months before he's labelled that fat, lazy Dutch so & so before he is hounded out of the club.  Alternatively, the Board may give him a decent transfer kitty?

Nero

He will lead Fulham to Glory and we will become the Manchester Utd of the south

LBNo11

...I think Rene Meulensteen will be caretaker manager until Guus Hiddink is appointed in January, well, not so much think, but speculate...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Aaron

Depends on whether or not we get relegated..

I don't see another management change this season, possibly some more backroom coaching staff or a "director of football" figure as has been suggested, but certainly not another manager.

If we stay up, I expect him to be here next season and hopefully do a good job with the mammoth rebuild we have ahead of us.  If we go down.. well, I don't think there's many who we currently see in a Fulham shirt or tracksuit on a Saturday afternoon anywhere near SW6.

I think a "coach" is what we need right now as whoever is in charge needs to work with what we currently have available, I don't see anyone else out there who could do a better job than RM.  We won't spend big in January either I don't think..

Will be interesting to see what happens come the summer if we're still in this division.  Even if RM holds it together and gets the best out of what we've got, how many of this current squad would you actually want to see in the 25 for next season?  Considerable money will need to be spent and I nobody knows if Rene has an eye for a bargain.

Pluto

Quote from: alexbishop on December 01, 2013, 08:07:13 PM
i think maybe the sensible thing to do is leave him as Head Coach (aka Villas Boas), bring in a decent assistant and bring in a decent director of football to handle such things as transfers.

This

farfouille

"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

grandad

There is already some negativity rearing it´s ugly head. Give him time to settle down & then re-evaluate.
Where there's a will there's a wife

spikey norman

Quote from: LBNo11 on December 01, 2013, 08:36:35 PM
...I think Rene Meulensteen will be caretaker manager until Guus Hiddink is appointed in January, well, not so much think, but speculate...
I was thinking, no hoping,the same myself - didn't they work together at Anzhi?

Berserker

Quote from: LBNo11 on December 01, 2013, 08:36:35 PM

Isn't Spurs after him as a AVB replacement?
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

BestOfBrede

Meulensteen as Manager and yes you guessed it......
Mr Jol as Director of Football!

Chutney

Meulensteen is already appointed as manager.
C O Y W