more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I can't believe some of you

Started by Chutney, December 01, 2013, 04:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FC Silver Fox

Thoughts about Wednesday:

Spuds are a good side, regardless of what you think of the club itself. I don't expect a wonderous turnround overnight. I'm worried that if we don't get a result on Wendesday, some idiots will turn on the players and the new coach by shouting abuse. This can only do harm to the squad and manager.
This said, I do expect to see a change of attitude from the players with at least a few shots on target throughout the whole game.  Team selection will be interesting, although don't expect wholesale changes straight away. It'll take some time to get the balance right.
Basically, I just want some fighting spirit from the lads and pride in wearing the White shirt.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

Classic94

Regardless of the result on Wednesday, I expect a lot more enthusiasm, intensity and desire from the players.

alfie

Quote from: Skatzoffc on December 02, 2013, 09:32:35 AM
A new coach is a clean slate for the players as well. They can now show the new boss what they can do and as a result should get picked to play.
IMO, its obvious they wouldn't play for you, so he had to go.
COYW!

I agree with what you have said, but perhaps it would have been good if they could have shown the old boss what they could do, regardless of tactics they are all hardened professionals, and most of the players failings have been basic stuff like passing the ball or knowing how to defend a cornder etc.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

jarv

All new managers need time. Supporters are fickle. I recall when RH was appointed a mate of mine (season ticket holder) shook his head and said " not sure about Hodgson, he has been out of the frame for too long and bringing in a few Scandinavians won't cut it"  Gloom and doom.
I wonder how many others thought that. 092.gif

Vitesse-Arnhem

Meulensteen is an excellent trainer, that's something most experts would agree on, ...being a manager/ coach is a totally different bal game of course... too early to tell whether he's up to that ..

Burt

Give the guy a chance. He shouldn't be judged on the basis of the two weeks he has had here, or by the results of the next 2 to 3 games. This isn't a quick fix.

What you would hope to see, regardless of the result against Spurs, is a bit more desire and fight from the players.

cmg

Quote from: alfie on December 02, 2013, 11:17:07 AM
Quote from: Skatzoffc on December 02, 2013, 09:32:35 AM
A new coach is a clean slate for the players as well. They can now show the new boss what they can do and as a result should get picked to play.
IMO, its obvious they wouldn't play for you, so he had to go.
COYW!

I agree with what you have said, but perhaps it would have been good if they could have shown the old boss what they could do...

...perhaps they did.

Think that's what you call 'a nightmare scenario'.

Skatzoffc

Hmmm.

Ive said this before as well. Good players don't suddenly become crap overnight.
Something was very wrong with the Yol regime and now he has gone I hope and expect to see a change in attitude of the players for the better.

I dont expect a result to Spuds however. I'm probably more optimistic about the Villa game at the w/e tbh.

COYW!

049:gif
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !