watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Right....shame about result, very encouraging...merged thread

Started by gezkc, December 04, 2013, 09:53:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

We miss a proper forward as we have done all season. I presume players were injured. But it was a good start and an improvement in performance for quite some time. So sick at heart but we have hope. Something denied for so long.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

K33NY

Wouldnt hurt bringing in Suarez? ;)

Burt

Permission to start thinking that my glass may be half full, after all?

nose

How unkind was that... we played well for so long, made chances, played like a proper team, good shape, good discipline, everybody knew there job and stuck to it, two wingers, trying to get the ball behind their full backs.

and them, they were pretty ast times but two goals a flukey long range shot and a good shot but from outside the box....  another day we would have won.... berba had so many good chances that another day he would have got most!

We took good corners a free kicks (in the main) the only poor corner was from ruiz.

turning point was when kara went off... sidwell sat to deep where as kara always harassed the spurs back line and helped keep them pinned back. and sidwell distribution was poor.

For me MOM Hughes

keep this up and we will definitely start picking up points

Julius Geezer

Great team performance tonight.

We restricted them to little going forward and kept them on the back foot up until 70 minutes.

Stekelenburg, Hughes and Senderos were solid. Both full backs looked comfortable against pacey wingers. Riise tired rapidly though and the clearance from the corner that lead to the first goal put a bit of a blemish on his gritty performance.

Karagounis and Parker carried the fight. Kaca and Dejagah were exactly what we needed on the wings. Kyle Walker hardly had the chance to attack first half.

Berbatov done exactly what was required of him in that position. With Kasami having a blinder in behind, every attack looked promising.

Lloris had an excellent game. We could of had 4. Spurs are struggling to create chances lately and that showed tonight. RM tactics were spot on.

We deserved at least a point and the players should go home knowing they were unlucky.

I can't say I'm not gutted by the result but this should give us great momentum for Sunday.

Count Berbatov

I would like to mention Karagounis. What a player! Sidwell came on and the ancient Greek's absence was felt immediately. Sidwell chased the ball and offered nothing else. Perhaps the team pulled back all together, but with Kara on the pitch that was not the case

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

God The Mechanic

Play like that against probably 60/70% of teams and points will be gained.  Hell, had it not been for Lloris pulling out some ludicrous saves that game could have been very different.

The atmosphere was incredible too.

Deanothefulhamfan

Yeah we dropped our levels after Kara went off, that being said it was inevitable they would come om stronger.... We showed a lot of fight tonight, and I am really impressed with what I saw.

Villa will be a really really tough game but we can get a result. We simply have to win

JBH

I would like to add a thank you to all of the fans who responded to the teams efforts by getting behind them tonight, on occassions it was like it was on the run to the Euorpa League Final keep it up 065.gif :54:

RaySmith

Quote from: JBH on December 05, 2013, 06:44:41 AM
I would like to add a thank you to all of the fans who responded to the teams efforts by getting behind them tonight, on occassions it was like it was on the run to the Euorpa League Final keep it up 065.gif :54:

:plus one:

RaySmith

Quote from: Burt on December 04, 2013, 11:16:47 PM
Permission to start thinking that my glass may be half full, after all?

Don't go putting the mockers on it Burt!

Holders

So, so, so much better. Easily our best performance of the season and if we'd played like that in even half of the previous games we'd be mid-table easily.

The result was cruel. No way did we deserve to lose that and to hit the post in the final minute!

Nevertheless, very heartening and I truly beileve that so long as we beat Villa and get a few key reinforcements in January we'll be ok.

When did the crowd last cheer the manager and team off like that after a defeat?

COYW!
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Vitesse-Arnhem

Yep, good performance, crappy result.

At least the squad doesn't seem totally lost anymore... so the results will follow !!