watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Meulensteen

Started by andreweasby, December 04, 2013, 10:20:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

andreweasby

Brave call putting Berbatov up front on his own, and I was very sceptical before the game.

Berbatov was how he always is, didn't really track back, but I think Rene deserves a bit of credit by surrounding him with hard working younger players, Kasami, Kaca, Dejagah to do the running for him and I think it worked.

All of this is wasted unless we start getting points. After Villa we have two tough games, so it's almost a must-win to avoid being well adrift by Christmas.

As promising as it is, as proud as we are, the table is still very worrying.

COYW.

Enter the Frei

Kasami as essentially the third man in midfield should have happened so much earlier tbh. Having an extra man in the middle who's competent defensively made such a big difference.

gezkc

I have to say, I thought Berbatov had a good game tonight. Was denied a goal by some inspired goalkeeping, set up the goal and was involved in most of our attacks. He even tried tackling a couple of times!
Sounds like he's leaving in Jan, but hopefully Meulensteen will be able to get the best out of him before he goes.

Enter the Frei

Thought Berbatov was fantastic tonight as well. Didn't go right for him in front of goal but held the ball up well and brought others into play.

the nutflush

Quote from: Enter the Frei on December 04, 2013, 10:58:27 PM
Thought Berbatov was fantastic tonight as well. Didn't go right for him in front of goal but held the ball up well and brought others into play.

Agree.  I have been one of his biggest critics but I have to admit he put in one of his best shifts for us tonight. 

Ordar

Top marks for Rene. Granted we lost, but tactically I thought he had the right gameplan. We restricted Spurs to mainly long range efforts and they got very lucky with the offside for the first. Looking at the bench, there didnt look to be many options to change things. It was crying out for a Rodellega/Dembele up front when we started dropping so deep

The Rock

It's night and day really.

I think I like what I see - all he has to do is keep us up, and my gut tells me he will do it. Jan Trans window with a few players and commitment I think he'll do it.

He reminds me of Roy getting the players to play a certain way. Even better he can makes impressions on our squad to adjust to the adaptability for each team with his experience.

I'd place a bet on us staying up.

Stefano Okaka Chuka

I am saying this from the start of the season, drop Ruiz and play 4-2-3-1 with Kaca,Dejagah and Kasami and Berba up front, it was really logical.
She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Berbatov played well very little moaning and far more up -for-it than usual
The BBC have it down as 60% possession to them .................. were they at the game,   or did a Mr D Levy do the stats ???
Shame  Bent was injured and didn't figure tonight,  as  he cannot play on Sunday ( well I assume he cannot play on Sunday)

Looking forward to the time when the full team is fully fit: Reither, Dejagah  in particular

Great night and I  got myself a programme  for the first time in ages .............................. Just for the record  :54:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25222738

zschwartz

given the squad and the false choices, this is probably who i would've put out as well at this point. Riise has his faults but Richardson is a massive liability. Very happy to see Dejagah repay Meulensteen for his due faith.

If there's a team more susceptible to giving away easy goals from outside the box i have not seen them. time and time again, if you've got a slightly quick CAM who can put a shot on frame from 20 yards we will be happy to concede.

had to work during it so my opinion is worth nothing. but the shot stats look good... enough.

Deanothefulhamfan

I was happy with Berba yesterday.... He played with fight and looked very much like the Berbatov of last season

FFC1987

Quote from: Stefano Okaka Chuka on December 05, 2013, 12:23:23 AM
I am saying this from the start of the season, drop Ruiz and play 4-2-3-1 with Kaca,Dejagah and Kasami and Berba up front, it was really logical.

Not that I don't agree BUT Ruiz had very impressive stats when he came on!

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: zschwartz on December 05, 2013, 01:07:04 AM
given the squad and the false choices, this is probably who i would've put out as well at this point. Riise has his faults but Richardson is a massive liability. Very happy to see Dejagah repay Meulensteen for his due faith.

If there's a team more susceptible to giving away easy goals from outside the box i have not seen them. time and time again, if you've got a slightly quick CAM who can put a shot on frame from 20 yards we will be happy to concede.

had to work during it so my opinion is worth nothing. but the shot stats look good... enough.

I also had to work, but the full game is available on a website called Gettyfooty.com I'll be watching it later and giving my opinions after.

Zu-Meister

most of us would have said we needed to have hard working, fast, young attackers to support berbatov before the season started. ie , Dejagah, Kasami, Kacaniklic.
shame jol was blind to that fact.
wonder what will happen with bent back fit, as well as the other absentees.