watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

rene confident of berbatov stay

Started by ltd-ffc, December 05, 2013, 08:28:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ltd-ffc

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11681/9058117/transfer-news-fulham-manager-rene-meulensteen-confident-of-keeping-dimitar-berbatov

What is your opinions on this?

It is a bit of a coincidence that he turns up to the game and puts in a shift when his agent had earlier said that he wants out.
has rene found life in him to fight our battle or is he showcasing for a move in January?
"Happy that Middlesbrough didn't go up, just for the main fact that @Patrick_Bamford is a sausage boy" Ryan Tunnicliffe June 2015

TonyGilroy

No way of knowing but the former I hope.

On last night's performance Berbatov is a real asset but I don't think we should underestimate the team shape and effort all the players put in. If everyone has a defined role that they understand it makes their colleagues job much easier.

westcliff white

i don't think its a coincidence that we played wide men, got him the ball and he played well, up to now this season we have been very narrow. last night was similar to last season, pace out wide.
Every day is a Fulham day

Roberty

He looks better and happier when he has people who give him the ball when he is in a position to do something

It was great to have two full backs who can cross the ball to backup the two wide men

I would not be surprised if we doubled our seasons crosses-into-the-box tally last night
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Holders

By contrast, he clearly doesn't rate Bent at all.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

TheManOnTheBus

Roberty

Quote from: TheManOnTheBus on December 05, 2013, 09:29:46 AM
Bent was injured, no?

We will see, but I think even Bent will look better if someone is actually crossing the ball
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

ltd-ffc

"Happy that Middlesbrough didn't go up, just for the main fact that @Patrick_Bamford is a sausage boy" Ryan Tunnicliffe June 2015

Julius Geezer

Like Rene said, he knows him better than most and from their conversations he thinks he will stay.

I'm inclined to believe him.

Berbatov has probably voiced his concern at our league standing and squad size etc., not that he doesn't want to play for us.

ltd-ffc

Quote from: Julius Geezer on December 05, 2013, 11:02:24 AM
Like Rene said, he knows him better than most and from their conversations he thinks he will stay.

Berbatov has probably voiced his concern at our league standing and squad size etc., not that he doesn't want to play for us.
understandable but why would his agent declare it publicly to me it looks like he was trying to orchestrate a move. although agents don't tend to be the most genuine of people

ToodlesMcToot

Like Dempsey, if he doesn't want to be here, then it's time for him to leave. If he wants to stay, put in his shift, and fight for our club, then he should get his agent in front of some press and make it known.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

westcliff white

Quote from: ltd-ffc on December 05, 2013, 11:17:30 AM

understandable but why would his agent declare it publicly to me it looks like he was trying to orchestrate a move. although agents don't tend to be the most genuine of people

Because agents get paid a slice of the transfer fee etc, he need berba to move to make a fair bit of cash, possibly the last move for berba now he is 32.

If he plays like last night he will be an asset till the end of the season, and if he continues to play like that he would be an asset next season too. Not that i expect him to sign an extension.
Every day is a Fulham day

ltd-ffc

Quote from: westcliff white on December 05, 2013, 11:58:18 AM
Quote from: ltd-ffc on December 05, 2013, 11:17:30 AM

Because agents get paid a slice of the transfer fee etc, he need berba to move to make a fair bit of cash, possibly the last move for berba now he is 32.

If he plays like last night he will be an asset till the end of the season, and if he continues to play like that he would be an asset next season too. Not that i expect him to sign an extension.
interesting time to come out and declare it though.
depends how long he plays til if he does a one season hop to numerous clubs it could be where the agent earns his bulk of berba

callumc513

The incentives for an agent to try to stir/force through a move are now greater than ever, I wouldn't believe anything the majority say about a player's happiness.

PokerMatt

Rene seemed very confident that Berba was staying and if he can get that sort of performance out of him regularly then I'm delighted by it.

I really like the way our new guy speaks. He clearly knows what he wants from the team and after just three days they responded. If only we had this before 13 days were up.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Skatzoffc

049:gif
Quote from: westcliff white on December 05, 2013, 09:02:37 AM
i don't think its a coincidence that we played wide men, got him the ball and he played well, up to now this season we have been very narrow. last night was similar to last season, pace out wide.

I agree

The difference with Berba getting the ball more was, imo,  a result of wide players moving forward. Straight balls up to Berba when hes is furthest forward are very difficult to do anything with. After collecting the ball last night he had options out wide and with thro' running players.

A much more exciting, attractive and most importantly, effective style of play which we have sorely missed with Yol's narrow approach.

COYW!

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

callumc513

Quote from: Skatzoffc on December 05, 2013, 12:49:37 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on December 05, 2013, 09:02:37 AM

I agree

The difference with Berba getting the ball more was, imo,  a result of wide players moving forward. Straight balls up to Berba when hes is furthest forward are very difficult to do anything with. After collecting the ball last night he had options out wide and with thro' running players.

A much more exciting, attractive and most importantly, effective style of play which we have sorely missed with Yol's narrow approach.

COYW!

By god it's refreshing, isn't it?

Skatzoffc

Quote from: PokerMatt on December 05, 2013, 12:31:43 PM
Rene seemed very confident that Berba was staying and if he can get that sort of performance out of him regularly then I'm delighted by it.

I really like the way our new guy speaks. He clearly knows what he wants from the team and after just three days they responded. If only we had this before 13 days were up.

I agree.
Everything he has said has been positive and uplifting for both the team and the fans so far.

I am glad he has taken Kit Symons on board as well. KS can tap into the youth players as well. RM mentioned the youth players on the radio last sunday while being interviewed. So he seems keen to explore that avenue as well.

All good to hear.

COYW!

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Max Headroom

If Berbatov plays like last night then I really want him to stay, even if he was offside a little too often. He should realise that fans will praise a player who puts in the effort and get on the back of players who don't!

Tonywa

Quote from: Max Headroom on December 05, 2013, 02:02:50 PM
If Berbatov plays like last night then I really want him to stay, even if he was offside a little too often. He should realise that fans will praise a player who puts in the effort and get on the back of players who don't!

It did help Dima more than a little last night that we actually got some balls into the box for him, rather than him constantly having to drop deep to get the ball. Give him the service and he'll deliver.  We saw that at times last season when we actually played with some width.