watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We will stay up

Started by JackyFulham90, December 05, 2013, 11:36:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

I was very impressed last night, Rene clearly had a positive impact on the team we looked solid, played good football & broke with pace we were undone by 2 wonder goals!

Positives last night

Senderos, Riise & Karagounis were excellent
Hughes looked back to his form under Hodgson very solid
Best display from Berbatov this season
Kacaniklic & Dejagah were dangerous out wide

I thought we were really good last night night the only negative for me was subbing Karagounis for Sidwell far too early, let's hope we keep the commitment & passion of last night as playing like that there is certainly 3 teams worse than us

FFC1987

If I can add a one of damnation to the thread which I consider it very unlike me.....

Teams in the past haven't had the rub of the green in key games and subsequently were relegated because of it. If I look at the Swansea game and this game (having missed chances and seen some world class saves) we do indeed look like a team destined for the drop....

Let's hope we don't play Lloris goalkeepers everyweek and our striker(s) put away some of there chances. As much as teh defence and CM's get a bashing, I honestly think our strikers not being prolific in front of goal is a key contributor to our league table standing...

premFlem

We'll not only stay up we'll be pushing for a top ten finish, mark my words!.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

God The Mechanic

Quote from: FFC1987 on December 05, 2013, 11:50:12 AM
Let's hope we don't play Lloris goalkeepers everyweek and our striker(s) put away some of there chances. As much as teh defence and CM's get a bashing, I honestly think our strikers not being prolific in front of goal is a key contributor to our league table standing...

The lack of goals last night wasn't necessarily down to the strikers, Lloris pulled off some absolutely ludicrous saves.  Top 5 in the world style saves.  We won't be playing against that quality of keeper too often.

Fulham76

16 attempts with 6 or 7 on target & 9 corners tells a lot. We were definitely more positive last night, which is the only way to be if we're going to win games.

PokerMatt

Quote from: God The Mechanic on December 05, 2013, 12:15:52 PM

The lack of goals last night wasn't necessarily down to the strikers, Lloris pulled off some absolutely ludicrous saves.  Top 5 in the world style saves.  We won't be playing against that quality of keeper too often.

Yep. Made this point a few times after the game, but some of those saves were mind-bogglingly good. The reactions on the first one from Berba in the first half and the Ruiz one in particular were incredible.

I've no doubt at all that Lloris was the difference last night. I'm taking nothing away from Steks as he made some great stops, but nothing quite to the level of Lloris.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Luffy86

Loving the amount of positive comments I'm reading today!!, feels good hearing other fans talking highly despite the result!!

YankeeJim

Quote from: premFlem on December 05, 2013, 11:57:48 AM
We'll not only stay up we'll be pushing for a top ten finish, mark my words!.

:plus one:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

FFC1987

Quote from: PokerMatt on December 05, 2013, 12:36:13 PM

The lack of goals last night wasn't necessarily down to the strikers, Lloris pulled off some absolutely ludicrous saves.  Top 5 in the world style saves.  We won't be playing against that quality of keeper too often.

Yep. Made this point a few times after the game, but some of those saves were mind-bogglingly good. The reactions on the first one from Berba in the first half and the Ruiz one in particular were incredible.

I've no doubt at all that Lloris was the difference last night. I'm taking nothing away from Steks as he made some great stops, but nothing quite to the level of Lloris.

If I was Berba, I'd have been dissappointed with the finish personally, he scuffed it and allowed the keeper to make the save. If he caught that (like he meant to) it was a goal no doubt.

If people feel I'm being a bit hard on the strikers, i'll revert to a comment one of the best finishers around said 'there is no such thing as a save but simply a poor finish'.

PokerMatt

Quote from: FFC1987 on December 05, 2013, 01:08:16 PM
Quote from: PokerMatt on December 05, 2013, 12:36:13 PM

The lack of goals last night wasn't necessarily down to the strikers, Lloris pulled off some absolutely ludicrous saves.  Top 5 in the world style saves.  We won't be playing against that quality of keeper too often.

If I was Berba, I'd have been dissappointed with the finish personally, he scuffed it and allowed the keeper to make the save. If he caught that (like he meant to) it was a goal no doubt.

If people feel I'm being a bit hard on the strikers, i'll revert to a comment one of the best finishers around said 'there is no such thing as a save but simply a poor finish'.

I'm sure he was disappointed, but even scuffed finishes can end up better placed than if you catch it properly. Lloris still had to get down and across very quickly, and again from the other Berba effort at 1-1 I think.

The one from Ruiz was just staggering, he went across and then got his arm up as the ball came up off the surface.

Quite how the strikers can be blamed for not being given the ball by a completely baffling midfield selection in the previous 13 games I'm not sure.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Lighthouse

Isn't it nice though that we actually want to watch the next Fulham match. We may well still go down. But at least we looked last night not to just roll over. Although sitting too deep before the offside goal was poor. But hope at last.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

ffc73

Quote from: Lighthouse on December 05, 2013, 01:28:45 PM
Isn't it nice though that we actually want to watch the next Fulham match. We may well still go down. But at least we looked last night not to just roll over. Although sitting too deep before the offside goal was poor. But hope at last.

:plus one:

nose

I try not to let my optimism get the better of me but based on that one performance last night we are going places!!! Top 6 next season providing we don't have any more bad luck this one!

It reminded me of when mickey adams took over from branfoot, it was like the shackles had been removed.

Admin

Blimey, can't believe what I'm reading here... "We will stay up", "Top 10 finish".

Granted it was a good performance last night, but the bottom line is, we still didn't pick up any points and sit in exactly the same position.

Sorry for the negativity, but I'm a points mean prizes type of guy.

There are NO guarantee's that we beat Villa on Sunday who have shipped 12 goals all season and boast one of the best away records in the Premier League. 

To me, last night was a bit of New manager/Jol sacking syndrome, and I'm still not convinced we have the squad and or tactical ability to stay up.

Ask me in 4 or 5 games time. Lose to Villa and you can practically write us off. 

rusty shackleford

Im optomistic after last night too, but lets not go overboard just yet! It was only one game. We had a few of those valiant losses against the big boys under Jol too, anyone remember Utd last season? (when the lights went out)

Berbasilk_111

Quote from: Admin on December 05, 2013, 01:47:58 PM
Blimey, can't believe what I'm reading here... "We will stay up", "Top 10 finish".

Granted it was a good performance last night, but the bottom line is, we still didn't pick up any points and sit in exactly the same position.

There are NO guarantee's that we beat Villa on Sunday who have shipped 12 goals all season and boast one of the best away records in the Premier League.  

To me, last night was a bit of New manager/Jol sacking syndrome, and I'm still not convinced we have the squad and or tactical ability to stay up.

Ask me in 4 or 5 games time. Lose to Villa and you can practically write us off.  
So a complete overhaul in the way we play, runs being made off the ball, defensively astute, crosses actually going into the box and meeting the man was all due to "new manager syndrome." Sorry but that performance by us was no fluke

Aaron

Quote from: rusty shackleford on December 05, 2013, 01:54:47 PM
Im optomistic after last night too, but lets not go overboard just yet! It was only one game. We had a few of those valiant losses against the big boys under Jol too, anyone remember Utd last season? (when the lights went out)

We played brilliantly that day..  Gutted when Rooney (I think?) got that goal..  Couldn't really even make out what happened in the Hammy End.

mangoputney

Quote from: Admin on December 05, 2013, 01:47:58 PM

+1
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation