watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Team Vs Villa

Started by JackyFulham90, December 05, 2013, 04:02:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

Surely Hangeland is close to being fit now, will be interesting to see if Amorebieta is back, Bent will be unavailable due to his loan deal, I would be happy with an unchanged line up but if Hangeland is fit I would start him

Stekelenburg
Riether Senderos Hangeland Riise
                                Parker
                      Karagounis Kasami
Dejagah                                           Kacaniklic
                             Berbatov

Subs - Stockdale, Hughes, Sidwell, Boateng, Ruiz, Taarabt, Dembele

Good performanc last night will be a touge game Sunday but one I think we will win.

PokerMatt

It was the home game against Villa that gave me hope in our last great escape. Hughes scored an oggy and we looked down but then a great assist from Bullard and a free kick from him lifted the lid off the place. Here's hoping it happens again.

I think it's harsh to drop Hughes, but agree if Hangeland is 100% then he needs to start. Maybe we can rekindle the Thames Barrier? But again dropping Senderos would be harsh.

I think it has to be the same XI, barring perhaps Hangers in if fit. As you say. It turned out to be a 41221 which has got to be the best out of the players we have available. If Kara does have to come off again, I'd shift Parker alongside Kasami and put Boateng in as DM, rather than bring on Sidders.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Deanothefulhamfan

Keep the same team that started against spurs.... We need a bit of consitency, and besides none of them deserve to be dropped.

nose

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on December 05, 2013, 04:23:37 PM
Keep the same team that started against spurs.... We need a bit of consitency, and besides none of them deserve to be dropped.

I agree 100%! and i fully expect that to be the case barring injury/illness.

Twig

I would start an unchanged team, let Hangers fight for his place in fact let everyone fight to be a part of the new Fulham.  Do agree that, for me, Boateng would be marginally preferable to Sidders as a sub.

filham

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on December 05, 2013, 04:23:37 PM
Last night;s performance has given us hope, start with the same team but when Kara tires replace him with Boateng and then use Tarrabt as sub instead of Ruiz to replace Kaca if he is not troubling the Villa defence.

bill taylors apprentice

I know the modern thought is to rest players but we need to sort out our best eleven and I think last nights was close to being the best.

I am not convinced about Kaca but he needs a run in the team to settle that concern.

If Dejagher is rested I will never understand it.
Play the same team, with Hangerland, if fit in for Senderos.

horse1031

Same team as last night!!  I agree with some consitency...

Only change I might make is Boateng on for Kara late instead of Sidwell.  If we are down, put on Taarabt in for Karagounis and let him run around.

KP_FFC

same team, maybe hangeland for senderos

IranianCottager

Same team, if Hangeland is healthy, he should make the bench but not start. Senderos and Hughes were rock solid vs Tottenham and don't deserve to be dropped (for now).

Big Martin Jol

Stekelenburg
Riether-Hughes-Hangeland-Riise
Dejagah-Parker-Boateng-Kacaniklic
                Kasami
               Berbatov

Subs: Stockdale, Amorebieta, Richardson, Karagounis, Taraabt, Ruiz, Bent.

Strangely Spurs pose less of an attacking threat than an on form Benteke, so I probably wouldn't put in both Senderos and Hughes if Hangeland is fit.

Riise, Dejagah and Berbatov have all done enough to start.

I would start Karagounis but I don't think he's got the legs to play the best part of two games in five days, so I would go with Boateng.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.