https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Statistics from last nights game - Positives

Started by horse1031, December 05, 2013, 05:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

horse1031

In the opta evaluation on the offal.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/december/05/opta-evaluation

Indeed, the Whites' flair players were pretty tricky with the ball at their feet and while they only attempted three more dribbles than the away team (18 compared to their 15), 72 per cent of those beat the defender, a figure which dwarves Tottenham's 40 per cent. Fulham also managed to put in 32 crosses – a significantly greater number than Spurs' 18.

We put in 32 crosses??!  Have we put that many crosses in all the previous games combined?  I just looked at the average we put in per game and we average around 17 a game and only 12 away from home.  The most worrying stat is that we only put in 8 shots per game.  We had 16 last night.  In other words, we almost doubled our offensive output in these areas.

TheManOnTheBus

Yep - 16 shots with only 40% or so possession. Many more shots per minutes than spurs.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: horse1031 on December 05, 2013, 05:04:39 PM
while they only attempted three more dribbles than the away team (18 compared to their 15), 72 per cent of those beat the defender, a figure which dwarves Tottenham's 40 per cent.

Spurs spent nine billion quid on flair players in the summer, you'd expect them to try waaaaaay more dribbles than us.

YankeeJim

Is it just me or did we seem to do poorly in the air? Spurs are a tall team and FFC not so much but we haven't had a consistent threat in the air since a certain fellow went to these very Spurs.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Fulham1959

Quote from: God The Mechanic on December 05, 2013, 05:25:26 PM
Quote from: horse1031 on December 05, 2013, 05:04:39 PM
while they only attempted three more dribbles than the away team (18 compared to their 15), 72 per cent of those beat the defender, a figure which dwarves Tottenham's 40 per cent.

Spurs spent nine billion quid on flair players in the summer, you'd expect them to try waaaaaay more dribbles than us.

??  That's the equivalent of 1,000 x £9M signings.

HatterDon

The significant moment for me was in the second half. We were up 1-0 and Dejagah took a pass about 15 feet into Tottenham's half. He drove to the line and crossed. We didn't score, but we had three players in or around the box in good positions to receive the cross. We have not had that attacking mentality for more than a year.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Burt

Agree with the Hatmeister, the real positive for me was the show of attacking intent and that we were up for a scrap. There have been pockets of this over the past year or so but only when the game has already been lost, or only for 5-10 minute spells.

Villa will be a tough nut to crack, indeed I don't think we will beat them, but if we show the same spirit for 90 minutes then there is hope.

farfouille

Looking at the statistics, I think the biggest value that Rene has added to the team is the massive (I love the way he says that word) change in terms of tactics.

Look at the following two home games: 

Vs Swansea

HEADLESS CHICKENS

Vs Spurs

LOOKS LIKE A NORMAL 4-2-3-1 with 2 offensive full-backs and 2 functional wingers

"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

horse1031

Totally agree Farfoo i cant remember your name.  Those pics tell us a ton about the shape and organization that Rene has been setting up on the training group.  I am amazed how quickly he has been able to get them to do it.  I am excited for the game on Sunday.

farfouille

Quote from: horse1031 on December 06, 2013, 02:05:53 PM
Totally agree Farfoo i cant remember your name.

It's Ivo, but Farfoo totally works as well. :)
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

crazycottager

Wow first post here.

I am a kid from canada, only became a Fulham fan after the Europe run, but missed school yesterday to watch the game [my big brother's a tottenham fan] but anyway's, loved Rene's ideas, and actually playing an XI i agree with. We came very close, and a complete 180 from what a typical Jol performance was. Berbatov seemed to thrive yesterday, and i hope it continues against Villa.

If there are any thing's i need to correct here, please let me know. thanks 049:gif