watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jason Roberts thinks we'll stay up

Started by dgnffc, December 05, 2013, 05:06:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Northern Cottager

He's probably right. We SHOULD stay up but the next 3-4 games are crucial, the gap to 17th place is growing.

The Old Count

We need thirty points from twenty four games.

Win eight, draw six, lose nine.

Looking at our fixtures, if we play like we did Wednesday, it can be done.

MJG

Quote from: The Old Count on December 05, 2013, 05:31:08 PM

over a season that's 47/48 Pts average. Still possible but gives you an idea that we have to play like a team in 10/11th place for rest of season.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

MikeW

Great.  Jason Roberts thinks we'll stay up.  That's just marginally better than having Robbie Savage's opinion.  Seriously, does anyone rate Savage?
"If you're sat in row Z and the ball hits your head, that's ........."

God The Mechanic

Quote from: MikeW on December 05, 2013, 05:53:23 PM
Great.  Jason Roberts thinks we'll stay up.  That's just marginally better than having Robbie Savage's opinion.  Seriously, does anyone rate Savage?

Robbie Savage.

Buffalo76

Always had a lot of time for Jason Roberts  077.gif

EJL

Quote from: Buffalo76 on December 05, 2013, 07:28:06 PM
Always had a lot of time for Jason Roberts  077.gif
:plus one:

One of Football Phone-in's bearable presenters, too.

The Old Count

Quote from: MJG on December 05, 2013, 05:39:36 PM
Quote from: The Old Count on December 05, 2013, 05:31:08 PM

over a season that's 47/48 Pts average. Still possible but gives you an idea that we have to play like a team in 10/11th place for rest of season.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I reckon 10th or 11th is where we could have been with this squad if we had started the season without you know who.

I think we can and will do it.

Pluto

According to Gary Megson this man apparently spelt his own name wrong on his transfer request so I wouldn't hold anything he has to say in particularly high regard. Good to hear something positive for a change though.

HatterDon

Quote from: Pluto on December 05, 2013, 08:04:05 PM
According to Gary Megson this man apparently spelt his own name wrong on his transfer request so I wouldn't hold anything he has to say in particularly high regard. Good to hear something positive for a change though.

he'd be right at home on this site.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

BishopsParkFantastic

I think we will NOT finish 10th or 11th - but, that we will still avoid relegation (if we play like last Wednesday night)!

nose

I think  there are loads of games to go, and we need to strengthen the squad a bit but fundamentally we need to concentrate on the next game... i.e. the old cliche take each game as it comes. Not worry about how many points we may or may not need, just try and fuigure out how to win the next match.

I think if we continue what we did on wednesday we can optimistically hope that we can do better than merely avoid relegation.

I can hardly wait for sunday.

jarv

Pluto

Quote from: HatterDon on December 06, 2013, 01:58:42 AM

Eh? I think you'll find in UK English there's no distinction between 'Spelt' and 'Spelled'. Both are acceptable, and in fact the former is more common since the latter is an Americanism.

http://grammarist.com/spelling/spelled-spelt/

We aren't all American on here Hatter D :P

HatterDon

Quote from: Pluto on December 06, 2013, 01:33:05 PM

Eh? I think you'll find in UK English there's no distinction between 'Spelt' and 'Spelled'. Both are acceptable, and in fact the former is more common since the latter is an Americanism.

I lived in England for a long time and know full well that you spelled everything correctly -- as you usually do. I was making a joke, but definitely NOT at your expense. You just gave me the straight line.

Sorry for the awkward "humor" or "humour."
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Pluto

Quote from: HatterDon on December 06, 2013, 04:11:40 PM
Quote from: Pluto on December 06, 2013, 01:33:05 PM

I lived in England for a long time and know full well that you spelled everything correctly -- as you usually do. I was making a joke, but definitely NOT at your expense. You just gave me the straight line.

Sorry for the awkward "humor" or "humour."

Oh sorry HD! Looks like I read too much into it (wasn't offended, just confused)  :doh:

Mike the White

After today's results, I'm  beginning to have serious doubts about Mr Robert's predictions.  Even a win tomorrow now won't get above the drop zone