more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rene's future

Started by BishopsParkFantastic, December 06, 2013, 12:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BishopsParkFantastic

My thinking on Rene's future:

1. That he will remain as 1st team manager & head coach for the remainder of the season - and I think  it's great that he's go his own (high quality) training / coaching support team in place

2. At the end of the season, if we stay up, I am sure he will have the post of 1st team manager & head coach confirmed.

3. At the end of the season, if we stay up, and depending on how England perform a the World Cup - Roy may re-join us as Director of Football, working with Rene (?)

That could be a great combination, Rene and Roy - plus the coaching staff now in place. I'd go for that!

I think when Rene was brought in, he knew he would be offered the post of 1st team manager & head coach sooner or later (as Jol's contract was only until the end of the season). I don't believe, at this point in his career, that Rene would be prepared to work under another manager.

At the end of the season, if we don't stay up, I think Di Matteo would be likely candidate as 1st team manager, if not offered to Rene who will go.

Must have a drink  :beer:

Anyone else thoughts?

Holders

Jol's contract was until the end of the season so it follows that Rene's was as well when he was brought in to initially work with Jol. It took a while to negotiate him so he'lll have wanted a break-point then in case the worst happens. That much is pretty clear.

The situation has changed in terms of Rene's role but almost certainly not contractually. Both Rene and the Club will want to see how the other performs. If we do not stay up then both sides will want to review their positions and neither will be bound.

If Rene succeeds it's hard to see the need to bring anyone else in, even if he'd accept that in those circumstances. If we go down, I have no idea if he'd want to stay, I don't think any of us know enough about him to guess that.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria