watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Brede out for SIX WEEKS!!!

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, December 06, 2013, 04:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

The Club can confirm that Brede Hangeland underwent surgery on Thursday evening to address a nerve problem in his right leg, from which he has been suffering.

The procedure went well and the musculature appears healthy following the operation.

Brede will begin his rehabilitation straight away with an estimated return time of six weeks.

F********************************************************K
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

HatterDon

Well that sucks.

can we get Dan Burn back from Birmingham City? We are suddenly VERY thin at CB. Man, I wish we had hung on to Bairdihno.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Holders

Last week, Jol said he was "looking good". Sounds like he should have had this op six weeks ago. Thank goodness someone's now got a grip.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

KP_FFC

nooooo
looks like we need a new cb in jan

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: KP_FFC on December 06, 2013, 04:33:30 PM
nooooo

Need someone with a bit more pace. All our centre backs are slow.

KP_FFC

Quote from: The Moose on December 06, 2013, 04:43:23 PM
Quote from: KP_FFC on December 06, 2013, 04:33:30 PM
nooooo

Need someone with a bit more pace. All our centre backs are slow.
agreed, but first we need someone who can defend well in the bpl

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on December 06, 2013, 04:22:47 PM
The Club can confirm that Brede Hangeland underwent surgery on Thursday evening to address a nerve problem in his right leg, from which he has been suffering.

The procedure went well and the musculature appears healthy following the operation.

Brede will begin his rehabilitation straight away with an estimated return time of six weeks.

F********************************************************K

Far better than him continuing to play at the level he was. Only regret is that we didn't figure out that he needed the surgery earlier.

Increases the likelihood that we address central defence in January.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Burt

Blimey... That's a blow... Hope the recovery goes well. It goes a long way to explaining why he has been a bit off the boil of late.

LBNo11

...I make that 1 foot and 1 inch a week treatment, good job he's not taller.

Bring back Dan Burn for cover..!
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: LBNo11 on December 06, 2013, 05:58:02 PM
...I make that 1 foot and 1 inch a week treatment, good job he's not taller.

Bring back Dan Burn for cover..!

I agree. It's time.

westcliff white

I believe as burn is on a season long loan he can only be recalled in an open window, I could be wrong but sure someone put that on here last year some time. We'd fe need someone has Hughes is on the slide a little although that maybe because he is used to hangers, amorebieta has yet to show what he can do based on his performances in spam and senderos has good games and bad games but even his good you know there will be an error or two and wonder will they cost a goal.
Every day is a Fulham day

Big Martin Jol

Bit of a shame, but if we're honest he's not been the biggest of assets this season. That's probably injury related.

Hopefully Amorebieta can fill the void.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

ffcbulgaria

he had a back problem and supposedly recovered, if you bothered to check what the article/interview says, the operation is on a nerve in his right leg... of course it can't be anything but Jol's fault, maybe Hangeland jumped in joy when he heard the news and got injured...

PokerMatt

Quote from: ffcbulgaria on December 06, 2013, 07:27:25 PM
he had a back problem and supposedly recovered, if you bothered to check what the article/interview says, the operation is on a nerve in his right leg... of course it can't be anything but Jol's fault, maybe Hangeland jumped in joy when he heard the news and got injured...

The same injury surely? It was (is) the sciatic nerve, which unless I'm mistaken is the lower back/leg area.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

simplyfulham

Quote from: westcliff white on December 06, 2013, 06:50:14 PM
I believe as burn is on a season long loan he can only be recalled in an open window, I could be wrong but sure someone put that on here last year some time. We'd fe need someone has Hughes is on the slide a little although that maybe because he is used to hangers, amorebieta has yet to show what he can do based on his performances in spam and senderos has good games and bad games but even his good you know there will be an error or two and wonder will they cost a goal.

Remember the whole thing about loaning Stocko out last year?

When Martin didn't want to loan him to a Premier league team because there would not be a recall clause.

Based on this, I'm assuming that loans to the championship and below, for whatever reason, do include recall clauses.

Victor Meldrew

This will be another learning curve for club for relying on old, aging players. Don't get me wrong, Brede is still  quality, but he's the wrong side of 30 and we should have already invested in suitable replacement. Dan Burn is still a few seasons away from a 1st team call up.   

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Victor Meldrew on December 06, 2013, 08:05:50 PM
This will be another learning curve for club for relying on old, aging players. Don't get me wrong, Brede is still  quality, but he's the wrong side of 30 and we should have already invested in suitable replacement. Dan Burn is still a few seasons away from a 1st team call up.   

I don't buy into this notion. Burn has performed well at every level he's challenged himself. I see no reason to assume that he's several seasons away. Briggs and Kaca have far less playing experience and are already getting time in the PL.

Of course, Burn's position carries more responsibility (IMO), but the reviews he's gotten at every level suggest he's far closer than you estimate.

Not saying he should replace Brede directly, but he's good enough to make the first team and wouldn't take up a senior spot in the roster since he's homegrown.

JackyFulham90

Blow for us, was looking forward to Hangeland returning. With Rene making us more solid I would like to see Senderos & Amorebieta form a partnership as they are both under 30 & could forge a partnership

WolverineFFC

Ugh.

That explains his performance. Sounds like he had a herniated disk with sciatic nerve impingement (or something similar), so they went in and released it. Can't believe they were putting him out on the field if this is the case. He couldn't have had much strength in his legs.

I hope the club is not treating 6 weeks as gospel, they need to get some cover at CB because I wouldn't be surprised if it were more like 2-3 months.

049:gif

Rhys Lightning 63

Quote from: WolverineFFC on December 06, 2013, 10:30:27 PM
Ugh.

That explains his performance. Sounds like he had a herniated disk with sciatic nerve impingement (or something similar), so they went in and released it. Can't believe they were putting him out on the field if this is the case. He couldn't have had much strength in his legs.

I hope the club is not treating 6 weeks as gospel, they need to get some cover at CB because I wouldn't be surprised if it were more like 2-3 months.

049:gif

A 3 month loan from someone abroad would be ideal
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense