watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I fear Benteke

Started by The Swan, December 06, 2013, 08:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Swan

Villas striker Benteke has not scored for a number of games. What are the odds that he scores against us on Sunday.
When we beat Villa last season with a goal from Baird , Benteke missed a sitter right at the end of the game. I do hope that Benteke does not play.
The Swan

Skatzoffc

Unfortunately he hasn't scored in a few games. So is dangerous. I fear Agbonlahor more against a Senderos defence.
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

EJL

Agbonlahor and Delph are the ones who will punish us.

alfie

Quote from: Skatzoffc on December 06, 2013, 11:48:01 PM
Unfortunately he hasn't scored in a few games. So is dangerous. I fear Agbonlahor more against a Senderos defence.

Could not resist putting Senderos down ?
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

EJL

Quote from: alfie on December 07, 2013, 12:11:39 AM
Quote from: Skatzoffc on December 06, 2013, 11:48:01 PM

Could not resist putting Senderos down ?

Now I'm not Senderos' biggest fan, but I hardly think euthanising him is the answer.

btings

Benteke can outjump anybody in our back 4.  He's always a threat.

Deanothefulhamfan

Benteke is a world class player, but he is on a drought.... Our wingers can really get at their fullbacks though, and Berbatov will have an easier game than against the spurs central defence.

Delph is a threat no doubt, but we have the industrious Parker in central midfield who we could put on him to take him out.of the game. If we do that we have a great chance.

Burt

Villa have a reasonable away record this season and pack a punch in particular on the break. They will be dangerous opposition. But if we are to salvage anything from this season then we need to start picking up points in matches like this (i.e. home, against mid-table sides).

Julius Geezer

How is Benteke world class?

He hasn't proven himself on any world stage.

Ibrahimovic, Van Persie, Ronaldo are world class strikers.

As long as we're tight on set pieces I think we can keep him and Kuzak quiet.

As someone said before, Agbonlahor's pace and Delph pulling the strings from midfield is our biggest threat right now.

Avillafan.com

Benteke has not been fully fit after his hip flexor injury then picking up a knock playing for Belgium, the Beast is due a big game and i reckon tomorrow could be the day he returns to form! the Lad is due a big game!!