watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Riise & Senderos

Started by JackyFulham90, December 08, 2013, 03:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

I have to admit I have never been fans of either of these players but always cheer them on while they are in the white shirt, I thought they were both excellent against Spurs & both had great games today aswell, fair play to Riise he has really made a case for keeping the left back spot now

K33NY

Riise clearly is motivated under Meulensteen, must obviously have been something between him an Jol the Troll!

RidgeRider

I thought they both played with purpose and energy. Whatever has changed on the squad, they both stepped up today. New life. Good stuff.

Count Berbatov

I am still not a fan of Senderos and Sidwell, but credit where it's due. Both were absolutely great today. Riise was however wasteful and lacked probably playing time. Better than Richardson though. I'll tell you that

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Bassey the warrior

Both brilliant today. Riise has very quickly re-learned how to shoot and hopefully will break his duck soon.

K33NY

Would have been great if Riise got a goal today, but he should have worked harder on the ball going in the post and back instead of trying to straighten hes awfull hair out :P But other than that I think he did really well today! :)

PokerMatt

Riise was a bit shaky at first, but that second half was his best in a Fulham shirt since he first joined.

Senderos was brilliant mopping up from when Hughes couldn't win the ball. Hughes attacked everything early and big Phil was surprisingly good against the pace of Agbonlahor.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Moussa Dembele the 3rd

There's a reason Roy was looking forward to working with Senderos before he left. Big Phil is not nearly as bad as his reputation.

fulham traveller

MJG

never a Senderos fan, but he has been really good last couple of games..as has Hughes who has drawn the short straw and had to play out of position.
Funny how the argument I usually have is Senderos or Hughes...and we end up with both playing and looking strong.

grandad

Senderos,Riise & Hughes will see us through to the end of the season. S & H will have a hard time against teams with a big aerial threat & good at set pieces. The last 2 games they have not faced that. Rene is getting the best out of them though.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Deanothefulhamfan

I disagree grandad.... Senderos loves the aerial battles against the big men... it is the quick skillful players he struggles against imo.

Riise was fantastic today and I am his biggest critic, hate his new hair though...

Still believe

Northern Cottager

Massive critic of both of them but today they were great. kept one of the fastest countering teams beyond quiet.

Whitesideup

Quote from: grandad on December 08, 2013, 05:59:40 PM
Senderos,Riise & Hughes will see us through to the end of the season. S & H will have a hard time against teams with a big aerial threat & good at set pieces. The last 2 games they have not faced that. Rene is getting the best out of them though.

Spot on Grandad. I did notice today that at corners against us everyone was making a big effort to check forward runs, even Kara and Parker, neither the biggest, but we have to stop the big guys having a running jump at the ball.

PS It was you that made the reference to the Bertram Mills Circus a week or so ago wasn't it? Only those of our age remember them. My father used to work for them and when they came to my home town I met Cocoa the clown who was a personal friend of my father.

EJL

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on December 08, 2013, 07:01:52 PM
I disagree grandad.... Senderos loves the aerial battles against the big men... it is the quick skillful players he struggles against imo.

Riise was fantastic today and I am his biggest critic, hate his new hair though...
And it's often the opposite with Hangeland: can't deal with the typical number nines but loves pushing around the nifty strikers.

HatterDon

Two matches in a row is strong evidence that Senderos and Hughes is the best CB pairing we have had all season.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel