watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Whilst I'm glad with the result and performance today

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, December 08, 2013, 03:53:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhys Lightning 63

I feel that Sascha didn't have the greatest of games defensively. Benteke and Agbonlahor gave him a torridtime. Luckily he's given enough to merit one bad game. On a related note, Riise i think deserves MOTM, was great going forward and at the back
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

bulgariawhite

how can you criticise any player today. They gave their all and had the heart and desire

ron

The fact that Benteke and Agbonlahor aren't all that bad does explain away some of that..!

jarv

As the team continues to improve (we all hope) he will get his consistency back. As people say....class is permanent. It will return.

RidgeRider

Pointless to criticize but that is your prerogative.  Consider he is just getting back from his ban, so not as sharp as he might have been. Completely understandable.

It seems we often criticize players when they come back from injury, or don't play enough and then they don't play up to our standard for them, or they are playing with an injury and we don't keep it in mind.

JDH101

I think my head is going to explode. Please tell me this post is a wind up?

K33NY

I felt Riether did quite well for being back after hes ban!

PokerMatt

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on December 08, 2013, 03:53:21 PM
I feel that Sascha didn't have the greatest of games defensively. Benteke and Agbonlahor gave him a torridtime. Luckily he's given enough to merit one bad game. On a related note, Riise i think deserves MOTM, was great going forward and at the back

Did they? I don't remember seeing either player doing much except for Riether's one mistake in the first half letting Gabby in.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

MAHLUF

We all have a right to a point of view BUT.To pick out a poor performance from a player today just seems so so negative. Our best performance for months, the result perfect and a platform to build from. Sorry the positives today just blow any negatives away.But if thats your lasting memory of today your welcome to it,
Im just buzzing for once.

Count Berbatov

Reither wasn't at his best. That's true. Not when comparing to last season. But he'll get back to his usual self.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Rhys Lightning 63

All I'm saying is that he wasn't at his best. Yes I understand he's just coming back from his ban and that he gave his all as he ALWAYS does (as did the whole team and I applaud them for it), but it wasn't his best performance.

I love the guy to bits, but I just felt he wasn't the same at the back as we're used to seeing (like I said, going forward he was immense, that partnership with Ashkan is sensational)
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

JDH101

Quote from: MAHLUF on December 08, 2013, 04:06:13 PM
We all have a right to a point of view BUT.To pick out a poor performance from a player today just seems so so negative. Our best performance for months, the result perfect and a platform to build from. Sorry the positives today just blow any negatives away.But if thats your lasting memory of today your welcome to it,
Im just buzzing for once.

:plus one:

PokerMatt

If 'not being at his best' is grounds for criticism then I give up.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

JDH101

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on December 08, 2013, 04:08:43 PM
All I'm saying is that he wasn't at his best. Yes I understand he's just coming back from his ban and that he gave his all as he ALWAYS does (as did the whole team and I applaud them for it), but it wasn't his best performance.

I love the guy to bits, but I just felt he wasn't the same at the back as we're used to seeing (like I said, going forward he was immense, that partnership with Ashkan is sensational)

Mate, pour yourself a glass of wine, put Arsenal Everton on and enjoy the afternoon for once. We're back!

Barrie

There were a lot of nervous looking touches from our defence in the first half, but they seemed to settle as the team found its rhythm and confidence in the second half.

Baider

Barrie

@baider  Agreed.  He lacks the skill or raw pace to get past a player, and doesn't really fancy the physical side much.  But since we sold frei, he's the best option we have in that position at present.