watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

I love Fulham

Started by K33NY, December 08, 2013, 05:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

K33NY

Dunno if anyone cares about thi but I thought I should just say it anyways!

Been a Fulham fan since 2000, a 13 year old boy fell in Love with the team playing in white on TV and Jean Tigana was manager! I instantly knew this club has passion and started reading about Fulham and found out I love Fulham.

Since then there has deffinetly been some up and downs, lose or win I supported the club, and grew more pationate about FFC, time went and I was even mocked at school, people saying who the f is Fulham, everyone support Manu, Liverpool, Arsenal etc, why Fulham, my answer was, Passion, I dont know why, but the club has such a great passion and history, so does maybe other clubs, but to me its Fulham.

More days went by and suddenly Fulham was fighting for survival, yet again I was mocked, being called loser supporting loser team, but I didnt care, I loved Fulham! And I supported in the dark times when we where so near going down... But then came Hodgson, and still you could see that the club, the players, the fans where fighting to stay alive! And then Danny Murphy headed in the goal that kept us up! And I love Fulham

Hodgson ketp us rolling great results kept comming and 08/09 resulted in Fulham's highest position in history nr 7, qualifying for Euoropa League! I still Love Fulham

We had a great season allthough we finnished nr 12, we did huge sucess in Europa League we won and won, then came semi finals against Hamburg, 1-2 Fulham was final result and I was screaming so loudly and allmost crying, we where in the finals! Though losing in the finals, we lost with our heads so high, knowing we should all be so proud of the lads and Hodgson, that silver to me tasted like gold and I was so damn proud being a Fulham fan, I still love Fulham!

Hodgson left, Hughes came in, we did good and ended nr 8, until the end of season I really felt backstabbed by HUghes leaving us the way he did! But I still Love Fulham!
So it happend that Jol came in, I had faith and believed we would do really well, first season with Jol went by and we ended nr 9, next season nr 12, adn then we are in a bad situation! I still believed I still hoped, but I saw that something was wrong, then one day the news came, Mr Al-Fayed sells the club, I didnt even know what to say, what to feel or what to think! I was so sceptic. More poor results where to come, and nothing was done, and we were soon to face relegation line in the League, I felt no hope and where stressed, thinking our new owner would run this club down the drain, but I still held on, I still hoped I still believed. The day came, Jol gone, Meulensteen in and I felt a burning passion in me! Here we are 2-0 against Villa, here I am writing, that I still Love Fulham!!

I just had to get this down, I just had to write it, nowhere else does my heart belong, only one place, beating for one thing, one club!
My dear Fulham!

Sgt Fulham

And its that burning passion for our club that makes supporting Fulham so much better than being mainstream and supporting United or whatever.

Burt

Great post  :clap_hands:

PokerMatt

Quote from: Burt on December 08, 2013, 05:35:46 PM
Great post  :clap_hands:

:plus one:

And  :plus one: to the OP.

Remarkably similar to my story as well, we must be about the same age.

It's a special club and the players are now giving us belief. It's a good day.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Fulham76

Love the title of this thread. Even non Fulham fans are fans. Without doubt the worlds sweetest club, playing at the home of football.

RaySmith

Quote from: Fulham76 on December 08, 2013, 06:12:45 PM
Love the title of this thread. Even non Fulham fans are fans. Without doubt the worlds sweetest club, playing at the home of football.

Great op.

aaronmcguigan

Similar to me, and same age as well!

aFFCn_Fan

We were driving today, and some remix of 'Can't take my eyes off you' came on the radio...the 'I. Love. You. Fulham.' song and I said to my wife that hearing that song meant we would win today.
@hincharoo

Jem

Hit me in 1967. It never left me. I've been through many highs and lows. Lots of lows. But it's days like today that make it worth while. Managers and players come and go but the club remains. That is what it is all about.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

malc

1967 for me as well Jem.It would have been so easy to be a sheep and follow most of the other kids at school at the time in supporting Chelsea or Spurs or Man U or any other "big" club but something about Craven cottage felt special and still does.Like you say there have been many,many lows but it will always be Fulham for me.

Northern Cottager

Listen to UB40-Cant help falling in love and tell me that isn't the perfect track for this wonderful club!

K33NY

I even remember at school, we had a free topic essay to write about something we liked, why we liked and history of why we liked it. It became a 15 page essay with history of establishement, rivalry with chelsea, managers players, records, players and legends etc. Recieved an A+ for it and when I moved once it was lost :(

Nice to see people liked what I wrote as well, I just suddenly had the urge to do it. Would allso be awesome to maybe meet someone from the forum when I go to England this winter with my girlfriend, do some of you allso know if theres some good tatoo places around Craven Cottage? I have been planing/wanting to make a tatoo of the old and new FFC logo's on my chest!

Buffalo76

Quote from: RaySmith on December 08, 2013, 06:19:06 PM

Great op.

What's OP stand for ? :023:

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Buffalo76 on December 09, 2013, 08:57:18 AM

Great op.

Original Post

Buffalo76

Quote from: Northern Cottager on December 09, 2013, 09:59:52 AM

Great op.

Original Post

:54:

welshwhite

all my family support lvlpool, im blessed to be a fulham fan (1989)

mikeyffc28

Quote from: welshwhite on December 09, 2013, 11:05:39 AM
all my family support lvlpool, im blessed to be a fulham fan (1989)

So they will all be Fulham supporters on Saturday then.

HatterDon

Quote from: Northern Cottager on December 09, 2013, 09:59:52 AM

Great op.

That's a relief. I saw it on one of my threads and thought it meant Old Pratt.

Original Post

That's a relief. I saw it on one of my threads and thought it meant Old Pratt.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel