watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Things I loved about Rene today

Started by sunburywhite, December 08, 2013, 07:06:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunburywhite

1. He NEVER left the right hand corner of the technical area. He was out there all the time. no going back to his seat ala Whinger but plain out there "alongside his team"
2. When his subs came off, he never shook their hand, instead he hugged them and gave them a good slap on the back. He seemed to be bonding with them
3. He was watching the game intently (which you would assume all managers do) but he seemed to be on a another level to that. Really involved with the boys.

All in all he seemed to be really motivating the team in a way that very few of our mangers (not just Jol) have done before.
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Moussa Dembele the 3rd

I know it's early, but I can't help thinking we've hit the jackpot with Rene.

Bedford White

Rene learnt from the best, the master of motivation, SAF.

F(f)CUK

As Yvette used to "aaaahhhhh Reennnnneee" - I will say this only once. :Get Coat gif:

Wingnut

I am massively impressed by Rene thus far. He has got everything right. The team seem to be bonding with him too.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Brede Butter Pudding

Quote from: F(f)CUK on December 08, 2013, 07:21:55 PM
As Yvette used to "aaaahhhhh Reennnnneee" - I will say this only once. :Get Coat gif:

Always makes me laugh

The Old Count

Quote from: Moussa Dembele the 3rd on December 08, 2013, 07:18:13 PM
I know it's early, but I can't help thinking we've hit the jackpot with Rene.

First impressions are often the correct ones.  I reckon Moussa D da 3rd is right.
Rene looks the part.

SKSW6

I do find it strange how plenty of the players said they moved to Fulham because of Jol, but it's only since he's been sacked that they've really put in 100%. Trying to keep calm and sensible about Rene as it's only been a week, but I love what I'm seeing so far and he hasn't put a foot wrong.

farfouille

Quote from: SKSW6 on December 08, 2013, 07:47:13 PM
Trying to keep calm and sensible about Rene as it's only been a week, but I love what I'm seeing so far and he hasn't put a foot wrong.

The only wrong foot is Duff - why does he play him when we have Taarabt?
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

JackyFulham90

I am very impressed with Rene let's hope he sets us up to be difficult to beat against Everton & City

brightster

I noticed him having a right go at the defence in the first Half about something and we were 2 up, thought this guys knows how to handle these players.

EJL

Quote from: farfouille on December 08, 2013, 08:03:50 PM
Trying to keep calm and sensible about Rene as it's only been a week, but I love what I'm seeing so far and he hasn't put a foot wrong.

Duff is defensively better than both Kacaniklic and definitely Taarabt. He's the sort of player you want on the pitch when defending a lead. I thought Duff was pretty good going forward when he game on, though: sped away from a few defenders on his left flank and got into a few decent crossing positions.

I loved how Rene told Karagounis to go back to the middle of the pitch as normal after he'd received treatment, so he could get a standing ovation rather than just quickly going off for Kasami. Great motivation

WhiteJC

Quote from: farfouille on December 08, 2013, 08:03:50 PM

Duff is a Fulham player, Taarabt isn't?

grandad

Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on December 08, 2013, 07:35:30 PM
Quote from: F(f)CUK on December 08, 2013, 07:21:55 PM

Always makes me laugh

As does "Rene, what are you doing in the broom cupboard with that girl?" "She has lost an ear ring & I was comforting her"
Where there's a will there's a wife

epsomraver

I do find it strange how plenty of the players said they moved to Fulham because of Jol, but it's only since he's been sacked that they've really put in 100%. Trying to keep calm and sensible about Rene as it's only been a week, but I love what I'm seeing so far and he hasn't put a foot wrong.

The press said they had moved to Fulham because of Jol, never heard a player say it yet?

K33NY

I saw the part where he gave hugs as well, THAT really showed me, that RM is THE man for us, right now and in the future! I just hope that if he where to do well here with us and bring us back up (wich I believe we are right now) and that this positive spirit and atmosphere still grow, I hope he wants to stay for a long while, I do not wish to see him leave if he does really well, like Hodgson did.

I do understand why Hodgson or any other manager, like Moyes do it, its a huge opurtunity for theire carrier, but, but, those other clubs doesnt have what we have! We where so great under Hodgson, and tonight the lads proved we where great under RM, and I want this to continue!

ron

May be not so strange if the players who came to Fulham were looking for an easy life, and actually got it with Jol.....now the new broom sweeps clean, they have to man up and put in a shift!

It seems that the change is working, but let's not expect too much too soon...

farfouille

Quote from: epsomraver on December 08, 2013, 08:40:29 PM

The press said they had moved to Fulham because of Jol, never heard a player say it yet?

Both Berbatov and Bent did say it, on a press conference and in an interview, respectively. Although, the fact that they have said it, doesn't automatically mean that they meant it.
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

epsomraver

Quote from: farfouille on December 08, 2013, 08:50:26 PM
Quote from: epsomraver on December 08, 2013, 08:40:29 PM

Both Berbatov and Bent did say it, on a press conference and in an interview, respectively. Although, the fact that they have said it, doesn't automatically mean that they meant it.

very true, not best to start a new job by slagging off the boss!

leonffc

Quote from: Bedford White on December 08, 2013, 07:18:50 PM
Rene learnt from the best, the master of motivation, SAF.

So did Kidd and Quieroz but they were poo club managers. I was aprehensive about Rene but I'm now a lover and a believer. I love his aura, it is very similar to Stekelenberg. They just seem cool calm collective and command respect.
Jol questioned what he could do to raise confidence and performance. The answer was and is simple. Do one!!
Rene looks the real deal but what will we do in June when Moyes goes?