News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If we play like that for the rest of the season then we will be safe..

Started by Jimpav, December 08, 2013, 08:52:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimpav

Excellent performance, every player putting in a lot of effort and lots of shots on target.

There are quite a few clubs in the relegation mixer but that was not the performance of a bottom 3 side.

Onwards and upwards.

Rupert

I think a few of the teams around us will be watching us with some trepidation right now, waiting to see if this is a flash in the pan or the start of us getting clear of trouble. The run up to New Year is going to be very interesting. If we are on 20 points or more after January 1st then I think we will be fine. It is a tough target, but I think we need to set tough targets now.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

epsomraver

Only one slight grouse, we must start to kill games off better, there was a bit of show boating at times when we could have pressed harder for a third, goodness knows our goal difference needs it

God The Mechanic

Quote from: epsomraver on December 08, 2013, 09:09:13 PM
Only one slight grouse, we must start to kill games off better, there was a bit of show boating at times when we could have pressed harder for a third, goodness knows our goal difference needs it

Considering the age of the team and the fact that most played in midweek, I'd rather they didn't knacker themselves out needlessly.  Villa really offered no real threat today.

nose

I agree but we made chances and i believe as the confidence grows and we meet 'normal' goalies rather than the inpired loris and guzan we will score a few more. but a third today would have been a more just result for sure

Ichabod Magoo

Quote from: Jimpav on December 08, 2013, 08:52:08 PM
Excellent performance, every player putting in a lot of effort and lots of shots on target.

There are quite a few clubs in the relegation mixer but that was not the performance of a bottom 3 side.

Onwards and upwards.

Palace, Norwich, and Stoke all won this weekend and might be saying the same thing.  It could be a grind to stay up ... an exciting grind if things go our way, but a grind nonetheless.
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

Forever Fulham

When Kasami made that miracle strike of the ball in mid-air, many annointed him, claiming he had arrived and we would see much more production in the immediate future from him.  And that didn't happen.  Now he's not starting.  And we finally won a game. 

Let's not get carried away by this win.  Sure, it's exciting, and the players seem to have come to life.  But the team is in a big hole, points-wise, with a lot of quality teams to face in the near future.  This is so encouraging. But it's just one win.

Deanothefulhamfan

I think Kasami was one of the only players to perform when we were playing terribly. But I do agree with the rest of your post FF

fulham traveller

we need to be consistent, and win away from home as well as at home, I think we will end up on 38 points, hopefully that will keep us up by a point

Forever Fulham

I wasn't denigrating Kasami.  I see it may have come across that way.  Sorry about that. 

JBH

Quote from: Forever Fulham on December 09, 2013, 07:10:26 AM
I wasn't denigrating Kasami.  I see it may have come across that way.  Sorry about that. 

And so you should be  051

Skatzoffc

Quote from: God The Mechanic on December 08, 2013, 11:23:53 PM

Considering the age of the team and the fact that most played in midweek, I'd rather they didn't knacker themselves out needlessly.  Villa really offered no real threat today.

I disagree. Imo, Villa offered no real threat mid-week either. Buy out of only 3 shots on goal they won 3-0. They are a very threatening counterattacking team.
COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Skatzoffc on December 09, 2013, 07:43:13 AM
I disagree. Imo, Villa offered no real threat mid-week either. Buy out of only 3 shots on goal they won 3-0. They are a very threatening counterattacking team.
COYW!

The counter attacking yesterday wasn't really that threatening though.  Yeah, they had a few decent looking breaks, but there wasn't any real clinicism(?) about it.  It was kinda like watching Fulham of recent memory, but with a bit more pace.

TonyGilroy

We set them problems not the other way round.

We played with more energy than Villa. We never let them settle on the ball. We were the ones taking the initiative.

This is all basic stuff but represents a sensational turn around. Keep playing like this and we'll win more often than we lose and when we do lose we, the fans, won't actually mind too much because we'll have seen a good game in which we competed.

EJL

Quote from: Forever Fulham on December 09, 2013, 03:36:57 AM
When Kasami made that miracle strike of the ball in mid-air, many annointed him, claiming he had arrived and we would see much more production in the immediate future from him.  And that didn't happen.  Now he's not starting.  And we finally won a game. 

Let's not get carried away by this win.  Sure, it's exciting, and the players seem to have come to life.  But the team is in a big hole, points-wise, with a lot of quality teams to face in the near future.  This is so encouraging. But it's just one win.
So is Kasami the new scapegoat?

cottage cheese

Sooooo the wins against Sunderland, Palace and Stoke dont count? Im pretty sure he scored a winner against sunderland and set up Bent (sort of) for the winner as well. Kasami was never the problem..it was the tactics and lack of width which Rene has begun to resolve

EJL

Quote from: cottage cheese on December 09, 2013, 10:15:50 AM

Sooooo the wins against Sunderland, Palace and Stoke dont count? Im pretty sure he scored a winner against sunderland and set up Bent (sort of) for the winner as well. Kasami was never the problem..it was the tactics and lack of width which Rene has begun to resolve
Don't let facts and good performances get in the way of his agenda.

FFC1987

Kasami was a class act when he came on yesterday (apart from that finish!!!!). Switching play, stretching Villa. He wasn't a problem but we looked solid in the middle. Something we haven't said in a long long time.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: EJL on December 09, 2013, 10:17:29 AM
Quote from: cottage cheese on December 09, 2013, 10:15:50 AM

Don't let facts and good performances get in the way of his agenda.

On a slightly off topic note. That touch in your Sig was absolute gold.

mangoputney

+1
Shahid KHANT #losingisthenorm #youdontknowwhatyourdoing #MacOut #sustainablerelegation