watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our penalty

Started by fulhamben, December 09, 2013, 02:49:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

Am I the only one who thinks it was not soft? Every pundit seems to think so, but if the villa player had the ball and was just seeing it out for a ground kick and kaca went through the back of him as he did to kaca then it would be a free kick every time. Kaca had every right to shield the ball and was clearly fouled in my mind. Plus has anyone seen a better angle of when Ashkan was through as it looked like he got nailed from behind just as he was about to shoot
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

God The Mechanic

It looked like he moved across the Villa defender and they clashed legs.  That happens so often outside of the box and gets called, so why not inside?  He got his body between man and ball and got clipped...

Parkway Drive

Reckon Kaca initiated contact by backing into him so soft penalty in my opinion but could have gone either way. About time we got a bit of luck our way though lol

Aaron

I thought it was pretty nailed on when I was actually watching the game, but having seen it on MOTD tonight it wasn't a penalty.

The Villa defender (forget who.. Bacuna?) actually seemed to make a proactive effort to avoid giving anything away, Kaca backed straight into him and went down.

Also, I think Villa probably deserved to get one.  When watching the match I thought Hughes got to the ball before Agbonlahor but having seen a couple of angles again since it doesn't look like he did.

Deanothefulhamfan

I think Kaca did the right thing in protecting the ball, and thought it was a penalty in real time.... not so sure on slow motion, would not be happy if it went against us. It was a bit clumsy from Bacuna either way.

Villa should have had a penalty I am almost certain of that.

As for the Dejagah challenge, I think the one you are referring to was the challenge by Barker in the first half..... I thought nailed on penalty in real time, but if you see it in slow motion Barker performs an incredible challenge, you really won't see many hetter this season.

ToodlesMcToot

Ours was soft, but I've seen softer given. 'Bout time something fell out way.

If we deserved ours, then they deserved theirs.

There was no foul on Dejagah's.

I'm curious to hear how Bacuna didn't get sent off for his foul on Kaca when the penalty was given? Last defender, no? Or are there exceptions/subjective elements to that decision?
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Deanothefulhamfan

I don't think he had a goal scoring opportunity.... Awkward angle and Bacua was getting back imo.

I think Bacuna was single handedly the worst player I have seen play against Fulham this season... At fault for both our goals and had a nightmare with kaca and riise all game

fulham traveller

as kaca slowed down. the villa chap ran into him and took his legs away, harsh yes, but we needed some luck, and deserved the win

JBH

Seen them given seen them refused but hey whos worried??  xmascheer1

JBH

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on December 09, 2013, 04:14:18 AM
Ours was soft, but I've seen softer given. 'Bout time something fell out way.

If we deserved ours, then they deserved theirs.

There was no foul on Dejagah's.

I'm curious to hear how Bacuna didn't get sent off for his foul on Kaca when the penalty was given? Last defender, no? Or are there exceptions/subjective elements to that decision?

Kaca was going away from goal at the time which normally means a Red Card is not produced

westcliff white

It was very soft, if it had been given against us I would have been upset. Kava moves into the guy, and goes down, there is contact but was a harsh decision for villa, having said that we have had little or no luck and decisions for us this season, so it was about time we got a couple (I thought Hughes on the villa forward in the second half was a pen).

Was never a red card on the kava tackle he was as someone said going away from goal, lovely pass from berba tho.
Every day is a Fulham day

tonynorton

Think they were both pens!

Skatzoffc

We should have had 4 penalties.
1. Berbatov shoved in the back jumping for ball 1st half.
2. Dejaga scythed down in box when bearing down on goalkeeper 1st half.
3. Kaca - given prob cos he'd seen and not given the other two.
4. Kaca pulled down in box , (arm round throat from behind) as ball crossed in from the right 2nd half.

They are, (after Stoke), the dirtiest team in the league since Lambert took over. Should have been down to 9 men. They have a policy of systematic team wide off the ball tripping, clotheslining and general fouling whenever a breakaway attack starts against them. Thats why whenever the guy on the attack gets in their half there's no-one left to pass to.

They are scum and we deserved the win.
COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

JBH

Quote from: Skatzoffc on December 09, 2013, 07:37:13 AM
We should have had 4 penalties.
1. Berbatov shoved in the back jumping for ball 1st half.
2. Dejaga scythed down in box when bearing down on goalkeeper 1st half.
3. Kaca - given prob cos he'd seen and not given the other two.
4. Kaca pulled down in box , (arm round throat from behind) as ball crossed in from the right 2nd half.

They are, (after Stoke), the dirtiest team in the league since Lambert took over. Should have been down to 9 men. They have a policy of systematic team wide off the ball tripping, clotheslining and general fouling whenever a breakaway attack starts against them. Thats why whenever the guy on the attack gets in their half there's no-one left to pass to.

They are scum and we deserved the win.
COYW!

Very harsh calling them scum

Deanothefulhamfan

I must have seen a different game to Skotz as I did not recall them being a "dirty " side....

alfie

there is one saying that has come into football which really bugs me "SOFT PENALTY" what that really means is that the ref has given the penalty and the opposing manager/players/supporters don't like it.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

SKSW6

Not sure about a dirty side, but they are horrible to watch. Not sure how they haven't been criticised for their style in the same way as Stoke were. Their tactics seemed to be either smash it up to Benteke or hoof it into the channels for their fast wide players to run on to.

RaySmith

I can see why it was given as seen by the ref in real time, and probably also sympathetic to us for not giving earlier good shouts. But even seeing the replay - I think it could be a legitimate pen, just depends on whether you think Kaca dived.

Also, the Villa claim - looked like Hughes won the ball in real time.

You could debate every pen, but the ref has to make an instant decision without the benefit of seeing replays.

The media like to stir things up.

RaySmith

Quote from: alfie on December 09, 2013, 08:14:54 AM
there is one saying that has come into football which really bugs me "SOFT PENALTY" what that really means is that the ref has given the penalty and the opposing manager/players/supporters don't like it.

0001.jpeg

K33NY

I think it was a penalty, sure maybe he went in like he did to GET the penalty, but the fact is that he was between man and ball, defender did one mistake, going into hes back while he could keep pressing him breaking of the attack letting more villa players fall back, but he used hes speed to try get the ball, touched hes leg. Did he fall easy? maybe maybe not, was he close to getting the ball? No, foul? yes