watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

It has been a good week

Started by Rupert, December 09, 2013, 10:07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rupert

We are playing better football, no question about it to my mind, and as one of those who thought Jol should be given time to prove himself, I have to hold my hand up and admit I called that one wrong. He had two seasons, it was not going right, it was definitely time to go, and I'm pleased that chapter is now behind us. Whether we can recover or not depends on how well we maintain the level of play on display in the Spuds and Villa games.

I haven't been posting much on here recently, to the relief of many, I am sure, but it wasn't just due to the poor football, I have been otherwise occupied. I met this lovely lady back in June, to my surprise we just clicked and very swiftly became a very close item, and today we got engaged. I may not be posting too frequently for a while yet, but fear not, I haven't gone away, I'm just having a wonderful time.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Rudolph

Cracking news.  Not about you not posting much, but... Ah well, you know what I mean. 

horse1031

geez, sounds like love to me.   :group hug: :HD: :HD:

NogoodBoyo

Rupert and Rudolph?  Engaged?
Nogood "cracking stuff indeed and congraturelations to the happy couple, itis too isit" Boyo
P.S.  The real news is very good.  Nice to see young people getting married.

K33NY

Quote from: Rupert on December 09, 2013, 10:07:55 PM
We are playing better football, no question about it to my mind, and as one of those who thought Jol should be given time to prove himself, I have to hold my hand up and admit I called that one wrong. He had two seasons, it was not going right, it was definitely time to go, and I'm pleased that chapter is now behind us. Whether we can recover or not depends on how well we maintain the level of play on display in the Spuds and Villa games.

I haven't been posting much on here recently, to the relief of many, I am sure, but it wasn't just due to the poor football, I have been otherwise occupied. I met this lovely lady back in June, to my surprise we just clicked and very swiftly became a very close item, and today we got engaged. I may not be posting too frequently for a while yet, but fear not, I haven't gone away, I'm just having a wonderful time.

congratulations!! :) deffo been a good week for you then :)

Victor Meldrew

Quote from: Rupert on December 09, 2013, 10:07:55 PM

Give it a year, eighteen months and you'll be back on here regular as clockwork. All you'll here is 'bloody Friends of Fulham'.

LBNo11

...lyrics most appropriate in more than one way:-

Madness - It Must Be Love

Nice to hear, get your distraction to Fulham and get them involved too...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Burt

Nice one Rupert. Don't forget to invite us all to the wedding  :dft011:

YankeeJim

Rupert,
Be wary my friend. Engagement leads to marriage which leads to teen agers flopping on your sofa, driving your car and generally making a fuss of everything. My youngest can't seem to get away from the Bank of Jim and the bank president (me missus) won't foreclose. LOL

Otherwise,  :wine:
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

YankeeJim

Quote from: Burt on December 09, 2013, 10:57:41 PM

How about a ceremony at midfield at the Cottage?
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

K33NY

Quote from: YankeeJim on December 09, 2013, 11:01:45 PM
Quote from: Burt on December 09, 2013, 10:57:41 PM

How about a ceremony at midfield at the Cottage?

That is actually my dream for a wedding with my fiance, can it allso be done?

Lighthouse

Just because somebody gives you a warm cup of tea and a bun on a cold night doesn't make her your friend. Although those Salvation Army people are very nice.

Now where did I put my hat and scarf? I have a wedding to prepare for.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Rupert

Quote from: Lighthouse on December 09, 2013, 11:26:24 PM
Just because somebody gives you a warm cup of tea and a bun on a cold night doesn't make her your friend. Although those Salvation Army people are very nice.

I assure you, she was both conscious and sober when we met, the handcuffs were definitely her idea and attempts to blacken my belovéd's name reflect poorly on you. With regards to the wedding, I will need a best man. Do you know of anyone who might qualify?

K33NY

Quote from: Rupert on December 10, 2013, 12:21:20 AM

I assure you, she was both conscious and sober when we met, the handcuffs were definitely her idea and attempts to blacken my belovéd's name reflect poorly on you. With regards to the wedding, I will need a best man. Do you know of anyone who might qualify?

Duff? Hangeland? Sidwell? Parker? ;)

HatterDon

Hey, if you need a band for the reception ... or even just a great singer ... .
:HD:

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  082.gif
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Ichabod Magoo

Just don't tattoo her initials on your __________ unless they are FFC ... just in case, if you catch my drift.  But hail, hail to you and the future missus.   :54:
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

Lighthouse

Oh very well I will do it. Although I draw a line at any bench painting shenanigans. I still have half a bottle of sherry that should suffice for the batchelor party. In my shopping trolley I have the foot pump and puncture kit and a VHS tape of Debbie Does Dallas from the last time you wanted a wild time before going into prison. If you could provide the VHS machine and bring the handcuffs then it should be a wild early evening. Oh yes and bring iron as my pink chiffon party frock needs ironing.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

The very best wished to you both

You do know of course.................
before you can say bearrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, those  check trousers will be in the bin   064.gif

Rupert

Quote from: Lighthouse on December 10, 2013, 12:51:07 PM

Oh very well I will do it. Although I draw a line at any bench painting shenanigans. I still have half a bottle of sherry that should suffice for the batchelor party. In my shopping trolley I have the foot pump and puncture kit and a VHS tape of Debbie Does Dallas from the last time you wanted a wild time before going into prison. If you could provide the VHS machine and bring the handcuffs then it should be a wild early evening. Oh yes and bring iron as my pink chiffon party frock needs ironing.

There seems to be a basic misunderstanding here as to the definition of the term "best man", though the offer of the half bottle of sherry is a kind and thoughtful one, so long as you promise no repeat of the convent affair, honestly, Sister Assumptia still has not recovered from your impression of an elephant. The reference to the prison episode is, of course, subject to ongoing legal action, and you would be wise  not to bring it up again. On that topic, Bone-Crusher Giles asks if you still remember him with fondness, though I have no idea exactly what he means by that. It may be due to his impending release on bail (yes, astonishing, isn't it?) and his promise to do good work for the community as a condition of the drug dosages being reduced. The handcuffs, alas, are no longer in my possession, or rather the key is, but the cuffs themselves are attached to a radiator and my intended, but keep that under your hat for now, will you?
You told me you had lost the frock. You can't be maid of honour either, so don't ask.

Lighthouse

Ah Bone Crusher. How I remember his penchant for liquorice allsorts. Well despite your reluctance to make me your Best Man the offer is always open. Which by some coincidence is what Bone Crusher used to say on those cold nights in lockdown.