watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Official Fan club?

Started by K33NY, December 10, 2013, 01:28:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

K33NY

To me this is the only place I can find with an international setting of fans to post on, I have been on the Norwegian fanclub website, seen US ones, saw Italian ones, and they are linked on Fulham FC own website, therefore, I am asking, maybe again a stupid question.... Is FOF the official fanclub of Fulham?

If not has it ever considered to be so?

RidgeRider

Quote from: K33NY on December 10, 2013, 01:28:45 AM
To me this is the only place I can find with an international setting of fans to post on, I have been on the Norwegian fanclub website, seen US ones, saw Italian ones, and they are linked on Fulham FC own website, therefore, I am asking, maybe again a stupid question.... Is FOF the official fanclub of Fulham?

If not has it ever considered to be so?

It's not the official. They shut down the official awhile back. I'd say that this site is probably the busiest of the fan sites for Fulham. My guess is the club keeps an eye on it but not official.

K33NY

How come they shut down the official? Lets work to get this offical then! :D or? :P

Burt

The official fans forum was not particularly well moderated which meant that there were WUMs and trolls a-plenty and the abuse on there could get pretty bad. Having to trawl through all the crap to find the odd nugget meant it wasn't a great place to be. I stopped visiting well before it got knocked on the head.

RaySmith

It became progressively horrendous, and an embarrassment to the club to have it on its Official site.

This is a much better place.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: K33NY on December 10, 2013, 02:12:53 AM
How come they shut down the official? Lets work to get this offical then! :D or? :P

That would be a noooooooooooooooooooooo Official !!!

Peabody

No thanks,we are better off as we are. The club would want control and they do not have a good track record

ron

Quote from: Peabody on December 10, 2013, 09:32:19 AM
No thanks,we are better off as we are. The club would want control and they do not have a good track record

I think the nearest we can get - and want to be - is to be the official unofficial site... the place where outsiders, and surreptitiously the club itself, can see and test the water of fans' opinions without having to wade through abuse and foul language.

bobby01

Quote from: ron on December 10, 2013, 12:44:21 PM
Quote from: Peabody on December 10, 2013, 09:32:19 AM

I think the nearest we can get - and want to be - is to be the official unofficial site... the place where outsiders, and surreptitiously the club itself, can see and test the water of fans' opinions without having to wade through abuse and foul language.

:plus one:

Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

Ichabod Magoo

Independence is the way to go.  No need to have the club monitoring or dictating how things are done.
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III

K33NY

Quote from: Ichabod Magoo on December 10, 2013, 06:18:44 PM

Independence is the way to go.  No need to have the club monitoring or dictating how things are done.

So your saying that if theres an official supporter club, the club itselfs run it? Or tells the site owners HOW to run it? Sounds, weird :S

Rhys Lightning 63

Fulham will never have an official fan club in England. They care more about the fans overseas than they do those who have season tickets
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

RidgeRider

Quote from: K33NY on December 10, 2013, 06:58:11 PM
Quote from: Ichabod Magoo on December 10, 2013, 06:18:44 PM

So your saying that if theres an official supporter club, the club itselfs run it? Or tells the site owners HOW to run it? Sounds, weird :S

the club has supporters clubs. The club doesn't tell us how to run this site. My guess is the club has a poster or two on the site though.

LBNo11

...there used to be a Fulham Supporters Club that was still active up to the early noughties, which had been a godsend to the club when it had no money in terms of fund-raising events and promoting the profile of the club around the world, it had it's own supporters club bar at Craven Cottage too and in the early days the FSC met at the Golden Lion to talk about how they could help the club

Sadly, and I suppose inevitably, when the club became more financially secure they severed ties with the FSC in terms of mutual support and started to charge for signed footballs etc., and didn't need external financial help.

As mentioned FFC have official supporters clubs all over the world and although they outwardly say they would like one in the UK that is as far as it goes. When this site started it had no intentions to be made the official site, it was more a rival to the official website/forum started by the fans and still run and supported by the fans. Of course the club monitor this site like they do all the independent sites, but they offer no support to us, financial/material or otherwise.

Maybe it will change one day and an official connection will be made, it would be nice if FoF had an official involvement in being part of an official UK supporters club as non exists in the nation the club is resident of...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

K33NY

Quote from: LBNo11 on December 10, 2013, 09:29:42 PM
...there used to be a Fulham Supporters Club that was still active up to the early noughties, which had been a godsend to the club when it had no money in terms of fund-raising events and promoting the profile of the club around the world, it had it's own supporters club bar at Craven Cottage too and in the early days the FSC met at the Golden Lion to talk about how they could help the club

Sadly, and I suppose inevitably, when the club became more financially secure they severed ties with the FSC in terms of mutual support and started to charge for signed footballs etc., and didn't need external financial help.

As mentioned FFC have official supporters clubs all over the world and although they outwardly say they would like one in the UK that is as far as it goes. When this site started it had no intentions to be made the official site, it was more a rival to the official website/forum started by the fans and still run and supported by the fans. Of course the club monitor this site like they do all the independent sites, but they offer no support to us, financial/material or otherwise.

Maybe it will change one day and an official connection will be made, it would be nice if FoF had an official involvement in being part of an official UK supporters club as non exists in the nation the club is resident of...

Thanks for that info! :) I didnt know this :O We have an official supporter club in Norway, allthough that site is VERY slow.... I have sent register info long time ago, but moderator havent done anything about, and the forum is by far dead :S to me this is the best place! :)

HatterDon

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on December 10, 2013, 07:19:09 PM
Fulham will never have an official fan club in England. They care more about the fans overseas than they do those who have season tickets

Really? When did the various supporters' clubs shut down? I know there used to be an MDDX v. Sussex match each season.

Oh, and yes, they care about us TREMENDOUSLY. So far this season I've got an email attachment with an electronic version of Fultime.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel