https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Chris David wants first team chance

Started by Bobby2012, December 10, 2013, 09:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobby2012

Chris David ponders Fulham options
Submitted by tribalfootball.com on Wed, 11/20/2013 - 11:01

Chris David has hinted he fancies a loan move away from Fulham.

The talented Dutch prospect concedes he's frustrated with the lack of first team opportunities this season.

"I'd really like to help my team and participate. My current situation is not ideal. I want to get a chance in the first team so I can show the general public my qualities," he told chrisdavid.nl.

"During training I get many compliments from the coach (Martin Jol), but I've not had any playing time.

"I am now at an age where I have to play every week.

"Hopefully my patience will soon be rewarded."

http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/chris-david-ponders-fulham-options-3992149#.Uqd-V-J49nU

MJG

I Think he could he a quality player..but he's right he needs games.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

K33NY

I have allways been a fan of using younger prospects, but with Berba, Bent, Hugo and Ruiz in the team, I cant see him on our 1st team unfortunately, thats why I hope RM at least start some prospects in the Norwich Cup match so they show something there

westcliff white

For me we field our strongest team against Norwich if we have been winning prior to the game, which given the last two games I am optimistic about doing so, we need to keep the run going. I'm all for blooding youngsters but results are all important to keep the morale.
Every day is a Fulham day

ToodlesMcToot

Not the timeliest of articles is it? He's still talking about Jol.

He needs games, true. I doubt Fulham is the place to be for that right now, so a loan in January would be the thing.

One way or another, Fulham will have several first teamers leaving at the end of the season. The youngsters need to be prepared so that the can show that they are ready to step into the fight next season.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

David Allen Crankshaw

I saw him play in the away U21 games at Everton and Blackburn Rovers last season and was very impressed. A loan move would be an ideal option but for the cup match at Norwich we need the strongest side so we have a chance to progress to the next round.

KingstonWhite

Question where would he go if he was to go on loan?! do we ship him off to league one like Trotta & Burn in the past or do we let him  go to somewhere like Yeovil who are a currently struggling in the championship despite the upturn in their form?! i think Gary Johnson would love the chance to bring in a top class youngster from his boyhood club to his current club?!

JBH

That article is at least 2 months old, and recycled by tribal(loadofbollox)football 3 weeks ago  :doh:

Burt

I suspect Rene will give him a new lease of life, even if at this stage it is a visible path to breaking in to the first team (which may well entail a loan move). I get the impression that Rene is a fan of youth.

Joe McDonald

I also think it would be good if he worked a little harder and really pushed for a place in the first team, rather than just expecting it.  There is a reason certain players get picked, sometimes there are managers favourites, others just show more committment in training.  With a new manager in place now is the time to really push on to show what he can do.

Bobby2012

Quote from: K33NY on December 10, 2013, 09:19:01 PM
I have allways been a fan of using younger prospects, but with Berba, Bent, Hugo and Ruiz in the team, I cant see him on our 1st team unfortunately, thats why I hope RM at least start some prospects in the Norwich Cup match so they show something there

Chris David (20) is not a striker, but a central midfielder like Parker (32), Sidwell (31) and Karagounis (37). Yes this are all 30+ players!
Watch this video about Chris David in his time by FC Twente: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzyA9ajmeU0

The club has invested so much into our youth academy: Why not use it? The "golden generation" of Fulham are knocking on the door: Chris David, Moussa Dembele, Patrick Roberts. Will we give them a chance, or will we watch them sit in our reserves with the occasional loan, never knowing if they can live up to the promise?

I hope that we give youngsters a chance and have the trust to give them that chance, not block their path to the first team.

K33NY

Quote from: Bobby2012 on December 11, 2013, 09:40:37 PM
Quote from: K33NY on December 10, 2013, 09:19:01 PM

Chris David (20) is not a striker, but a central midfielder like Parker (32), Sidwell (31) and Karagounis (37). Yes this are all 30+ players!
Watch this video about Chris David in his time by FC Twente: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzyA9ajmeU0

The club has invested so much into our youth academy: Why not use it? The "golden generation" of Fulham are knocking on the door: Chris David, Moussa Dembele, Patrick Roberts. Will we give them a chance, or will we watch them sit in our reserves with the occasional loan, never knowing if they can live up to the promise?

I hope that we give youngsters a chance and have the trust to give them that chance, not block their path to the first team.

I thought he was a forward :O never saw him play but since on Fulham own webpage saying hes a forward I thought thats what he was, if forward means the same in england as in norway though, Striker/Forward = Spiss in norwegian

YoungsBitter

I thought he was midfield but attacking rather than defensive which puts him behind Kara, Kasami and Sidwell, however as K33NY points out two of those are getting on. If RM feels he can make it he will get to train with 1st team and will get his chance. However Jol brought him here and if I remember we actually paid for him so if Jol didn't pick him there must be an issue...
Quark, strangeness and charm

MJG

Seen him play a few times. I'd describe him as like Murphy..but with legs. He can pick the ball up deep or be on the edge of box attacking.
Good player which I think could easily slot into one of the CM roles in front of Parker.

Slaphead in Qatar

He came with a big reputation. Will be interestng who rene goes with in midfield for the rest of the season. If david does not get his chance then he should be loaned to a championship club.

hovewhite

He needs expirience  but not league 1 it has to be champioship ,he needs higher expirenence
And play every week that's a must and he has to be ready with quality and confidence,which only comes from playing at a level in a competetive climate which isn't reserve football.

Bobby2012

Quote from: MJG on December 12, 2013, 06:48:52 AM
Seen him play a few times. I'd describe him as like Murphy..but with legs. He can pick the ball up deep or be on the edge of box attacking.
Good player which I think could easily slot into one of the CM roles in front of Parker.

It's over a year since Moussa Dembele left, and the club has struggled to replace him. The team needs a true deep-lying playmaker (box-to-box midfielder) that can defend, but can also transition the ball into attack. The club is over run with players who can play a number 10 role, but no one to get the ball to them.

Fulham have to much workhorses in CM. Parker (34), Sidwell (32) and Karagounis (38) are too similar players.
Boateng is a fine holding player, but nothing more. Parker is our best player, but at his age you can only expect so much; and even so he'd be much better holding and letting someone else do the creating. We need a young deep-lying playmaker that can play with Parker in CM. Chris David could be the creative player for the midfield that Fulham need to help turn our season round.

Deep-lying playmakers are typically given a moderate amount of defensive responsibilities, but are granted freedom positionally to dictate the play as it evolves, as well as a license to attempt long, riskier passes to the forwards.

I think Chris David is the solution for our midfield problems. He´s not scared to try something, has a great range of passing and vision along with being able to use both feet. Yesterday against Hull City he was on the bench, but didn´t came in. Hope to see him soon in our first team.

Watch this video of Chris David with individual highlights:
Chris David ● Skills Show (Individual Highlights) ● Fulham FC 2013

cmg

Thanks for the Youtube clip.

These things need to be taken with a pinch of salt - this one makes him look like a one-footed Andrea Pirlo. But it's pretty instructive, none the less.

By now, I think it is pretty plain that the root of our problems (notwithstanding an alarming propensity to ship goals) lies in an inability to create anything from midfield (a result, as has been repeated ad nausiam, of the failure to replace either Murphy - who could pass it out, or Dembele - who could bring it out.)

Chris David (who was initially disappointing, but has improved startlingly), as you can see, can pass. Given our dire straits he must, surely be worth a chance and might fit well with Parker, who at present is being asked to do too much (and responding impressively to the task).

David can use his right but it's pretty much an optional extra - also he isn't very quick, a David/Parker combination would lack speed so this would need to be provided elsewhere.

FPT

He really could have provided something yesterday so was disappointed he wasn't used, especially with how poorly the central midfield played. I disagree that he should be loaned to the Championship, he should be loaned, if he is to be loaned, abroad where he can truly develop his game on a tactical and mental level. He's better than the Championship.

JackyFulham90

He is worth giving a chance too how about a front 6 of

Parker Kasami David
Dejagah              Taarabt             Kacaniklic

Have Parker sitting with the other 5 fairly young with plenty of trickery in there play