more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Everton v Fulham - match questionnaire - Love Everton Forum

Started by Love Everton Forum, December 11, 2013, 10:59:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Love Everton Forum

Hi again folks.

I trust you are all happy and gay as they say, and looking forward to Christmas (or not as the case may be lol).  xma2

Once again we're about to do battle, so if you fancy answering these few questions, and add anything else on top you feel worth mentioning that would be hugely appreciated.

I'll nip back and collect any replies and add them to our forum.

All welcome at www.loveevertonforum.com as always, and feel free to pop in any time throughout the season where you'll be well received.

1. Sum up your performances since our last game.

2. How do you feel about Martin Jol being sacked?

3. René Meulensteen has worked at United for a while, but no real managerial experience to speak of,

so what was the reaction of your fans to the appointment?

4. What expectations are you left with this season given your current circumstances?

5. Have you any thoughts on the progress of Everton since we spoke last time regarding the cup

game?

6. Can you suggest a 'best eleven' combining both our teams players?

7. Predict the outcome of our match.

Thanks once again.

Love Everton Forum

:merry christmas:

b+w geezer

1. Dire performances till Jol went, except at Palace (where they were dire and we started like that). Strikingly better in two games since.

2. Jol's sacking was overdue. He seemed like a good appointment and did OK for a while, then completely and utterly lost the plot.

3. We didn't know what to think about Rene, but were relieved that a change had been made.

4. At this stage, 17th place would obviously be welcome. Six more wins would probably do. Get some fairly soon and there is then a chance to blood some youngsters from our youth scheme, currently one of the country's best. Manage that, and the season isn't a write-off.

5. That second half in the cup seems to have been a blip, since when you have looked impressive.

6. It would contain none of ours except you-know-who when in the mood. Having said that, the way we have been set up and performed in the very different past two games means that several of ours could fill  in in your team without shape being lost. And given a run in a successful team, they might even hold down a place.

7. As everyone knows we always lose at Goodison in the league (although strangely not in the cup) and there is no reason to predict a change. However, I am attending for the first time in a while, in the now non-secret hope of a draw.

Burt

1. Dull, predictable, slow, ponderous, no points...

2. I was very much pro-Jol given his track record and pedigree and for the life of me still can't quite believe what a total hash he made of things. He had to go, as he had lost the team and lost the fans. He was taking us down.

3. The reaction was relief that a change had been made, and let's give him a chance. In a very short space of time he has re-energized the team and this has had a positive impact off the pitch too. The atmosphere at the Villa match was the best for over a year. As was our play.

4. Under Rene it looks like we have ditched the pedestrian and lacklustre approach that has been the norm for too long. If we play like we have for the last two matches for the rest of the season then we will survive. The spirit in the team is good and there is now hope amongst us fans too. I am not expecting any points at Goodison or in our next match against Man City either but if we give a good account of ourselves then that would still represent progress over the past year.

5. You guys are a force to be reckoned with. Martinez makes it look like Moyes under-achieved!

6. I think the only players from our team who would have a good chance in featuring in a combined XI would be Riether and (assuming his interest level can be sustained) Berbatov. Berba on his day is quite simply the most skillful player I have seen play for us, almost world class at times.

7. I reckon it will be 2-0 to you. The main hope is that we go down fighting, to maintain the momentum since Rene took over. History is on your side too. In the 25 top flight league matches between the two sides at Goodison, we have never won. Indeed since we arrived in the Premier League we have always lost. That said, we had a similar record against Liverpool at Anfield and we ditched that hoodoo last season so there is a first time for everything...

Good luck for the rest of the season. I rate Martinez, and it would be good to see a different name amongst the usual suspects!

ScalleysDad

1.Woeful often clueless. We mugged Sunderland, makes a change I suppose, and the goals at Palace papered over so many problems the Board were hiding behind six extra points.
2. Had to happen. Many of us thought the home hammering from Reading would have inspired some action from the Board but the whole malaise just dragged on. Alas the changes and the need to give RM time to influence the team and tactics might be too late for Prem survival.
3. Fine with it. Something HAD to give and as we could not pass the ball ten yards or defend a corner a quality coach was as good an option as a 'manager'. At the time with the likes of O Neil, Poyet and Pulis in the frame something different had to be tried. Hiddink was rumoured and a list of young bloods from the continent turned up but I'll support RM through to April.
4. Hopes dashed by now but one point or one goal more than three teams below us will do for now. I want my Club back and the start of a rebuilding programme next summer.
5. Some clever signings are starting to settle in for you and it appears Martinez is more accepted now. He was getting some serious grief at the cup game. Fifth for you I suspect but January might be as interesting for you as it is for us.
6. Best eleven? Hopefully next season we can go halves but for now I will have to agree with the 'geezer'. Sket might make it and you know who on his last two performances but many of us wanted him gone since about last March.
7. We will knackered on 75 minutes with not too many options to fall back on. Saying that though we showed some grit against Spurs and kept it going against Villa. However it pains me to say that if you are not ahead before 75 minutes you have 15 minutes left.

Good luck with the rest of the season. The big sign 'The Peoples Club' reminds me of what we want back. RM might be the start.

JBH

1. It was like watching QPR! Until Rene brought us express relief

2. Delighted, he had clearly lost the players and the fans

3. Wasn't sure at first but after watching the last 2 games it looks like he has something to offer, we will have to wait and see.

4. Mid-table?

5. Martinez has moved you up a level, a work colleague always said Moyes was Pony and it looks like he was correct

6. Berbatov, Steklenberg, Reither and Dejagha plus 8 of yours?

7. Realistically as our record at you place is rubbish (as is yours at ours) 2 - 1, but with Rene trying to play attacking football we could nick a point or lose 3-1

xma2 xma1 :54: xmascheer1

Love Everton Forum

Thanks fellas (and for the bump).  082.gif

Will add them to my site. Appreciated.

b+w geezer

Any time enough of us are in one place -- rarely the case at Goodison -- there will be a song giving precise instructions for the placement of a blue flag. No reflection on Everton who, by analogy with our choice in London SW6, are highly likely to have been the club we fell for if scouse. The ground (no `stadium', hooray) is one of the last trad venues also, as is ours, so another plus mark there.

Our record in the league at Goodison is extraordinary. Wonder if that many successive defeats can be matched by any pairs of teams; have to doubt it. However, the Martinez record against us is not much better. Both are there to be broken, though no guesses which the smart, or even non-imbecilic, money will be on.

horse1031

1. Sum up your performances since our last game.
We have lacked any creativity and passion in almost every single game.  Martin could not motivate the players and at the same time our defense and home record went down the tubes.  We didn't have the midfield to play his style and we paid for it.

2. How do you feel about Martin Jol being sacked?
He is a very streaky coach.  When things are going well we could look like world beaters and most often than not we couldn't beat a team in league 1.  It was time to go because he had lost the fans, players, and board it seems.
3. René Meulensteen has worked at United for a while, but no real managerial experience to speak of, so what was the reaction of your fans to the appointment?
I think we saw the writing was on the wall when Rene joined the staff a couple weeks back to be the head coach.  I was pleased that we had someone in place in such a short amount of time and he was able to come in with no pressure on himself.  When Martin was sacked, I think he has given the place a little bit of fresh air and has setup the team to be tough to beat.  We need to be organized at the back or you will lose in the prem and we have leaked far too many soft goals in the past 12 months.  If he gets Berba motivated and keeps Dejegah fit we could surprise some people.

4. What expectations are you left with this season given your current circumstances?
Expectations would be that we lift ourselves out of this mess and climb the table.  Hopefully getting to the 12th-15th position and being relatively stress free the last couple games of the season!

5. Have you any thoughts on the progress of Everton since we spoke last time regarding the cup game.
I am amazed that your team has lost only one time in the last year at home.  I am impressed with Martinez and that he has done so well in a short time.  Under Moyes, your teams were always slow at starting the year but it seems like you are off and running in 2013.  I think Mourinho is crazy for loaning out Lukaku and Barkley has looked really good this year.  I have never rated Distin but he seems like he has been pretty consistent.  I think the key to your season has been getting Barry in the team.  His experience has helped the youth around him in Barkley and McCarthy.

6. Can you suggest a 'best eleven' combining both our teams players?

Stek\Howard - Probably a toss up between these two

Reither      Jagielka     Distin     Baines

Parker       Barry

Dejegah          Barkley        Pienaar

Lukaku

7. Predict the outcome of our match.

1-0 to Everton.  We will put up a fight though.

Love Everton Forum

Cheers for the game.

Not the best performance from either team, and Fulham had a few chances to make us pay, with a good spell in the second half. 4-1 flatters us a bit, although I think we probably did enough overall to deserve the win.

Wish you all the best for the season, and hope you all enjoy Christmas etc.

Thanks for the replies.

HatterDon

Quote from: Love Everton Forum on December 14, 2013, 07:28:30 PM
Cheers for the game.

Not the best performance from either team, and Fulham had a few chances to make us pay, with a good spell in the second half. 4-1 flatters us a bit, although I think we probably did enough overall to deserve the win.

Wish you all the best for the season, and hope you all enjoy Christmas etc.

Thanks for the replies.

that's very generous of you, sir or madam. You are supporting a team in magnificent form. Enjoy every minute of it.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel