watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Is Hodgson clutching at straws???

Started by Tktd, January 30, 2010, 10:28:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tktd

Listening to his reasonings behiend our poor form recently he put it down to not having 2 full backs and having our 2 front players out.

He then continued to play hughes at RB and Baird at LB when we all know that Baird can't play RB let aloneLB even with his meteoric improvement.

He continues to do this with Kallio and Stoor, both recognised full backs depserate to play who have represented their countries regularly until coming to Fulham.

He also went on to say how he had a chat with murphy saying that there were playing well and they just were unlucky and have had various players out etc etc - to me this is an insecurity and it's soo obvious that to feel like you need to have a conversation about it with the captain to me strikes me like they're clutching at straws...

I personally think Roy is a great manager but this looks to me to be the first sign of worry coming from roy as normally he'd be asked about it to the point he'd be modestly saying "yeah, but it's part of the game".... is it just me who thinks this?

Rewatch it...

Logicalman

Perhaps Roy trusts his captains judgment, and that's why he talks to him about it?

TonyGilroy

I think he is concerned and realises that we have inadequate cover at full back and strikers.

However it is unrealistic to expect that we can have a bunch of back up players happy not to play yet as good as the first teamers.

At full back he probably felt that Kelly was decent cover for RB and LB but he can't fill in both spots at the same time. With one reserve full back we are still strong on the other side - now we're weak on both flanks.

He obviously doesn't rate Stoor or Kallio as being good enough.

We don't know what efforts are being made to bring players in but they have to be the right players or we're no better off.

He's got a difficult job and there aren't easy solutions but no one has more nous or experience than Hodgson. He'll make the least bad decisions and we'll cope.

Tktd

Quote from: Logicalman on January 30, 2010, 10:34:04 AM
Perhaps Roy trusts his captains judgment, and that's why he talks to him about it?

But it's got nothing to do with Judgement!? It's got to do with Roy - his tactics and unwillingness to play and telling Murphy facts which anyone with a pair of eyes and something resembling a brain can see.

VicHalomsLovechild

I thought the back four against spuds weren't bad, only Modric caused them problems and lets be fair he would cause any defence problems.
The two things we all know about Mr Roy are players play the way he wants or they don't play and he's a pretty humble man, not averse to asking anybody's opinion or advice.
The changes made for the game against Spuds worked pretty well on the whole. I would be happy to see the same team against Villa, maybe start Elm and bring BZ on later if needed.

LRCN

NogoodBoyo

Tktd:
Surely you heard him say Kallio has had a virus for a couple of months!  So, he hasn't been fit enough to play even when he was playing.  I would argue the same for Murphy, HangerLane, BZ, Konch, to name a few.
I can't remember whether you wanted Europe, but we got Europe; we got injuries, we got players playing with injuries; we got players coming back before they were ready.
That is the Fulham of today.  Too small a crowd, too little revenue, too few players, too little talent, nonetheless an excillting club to follow - with an absolutely brilliant manager.
Nogood "beginning to get vexed, isit" Boyo

RidgeRider

I don't think he is clutching at straws at all.

YankeeJim

Quote from: RidgeRider on January 30, 2010, 02:38:41 PM
I don't think he is clutching at straws at all.

I'd agree with the additional comment that there are no straws in the cupboard. Our bench is weak at the moment.

Sidebar:
I was watching Simon & saw him turn on the burners and beat the Villa player to a ball and than make a nice outlet pass. I thought to myself, "glad to have Simon back". Sadly, my happiness didn't last long.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

MurphLegend

we will be in the Prem nxt yr I appreciate ur concern it is a constant worry that we will implode but I assure u a top half finish. Times r sunny so smile

Oakeshott

Has anyone heard how serious Simon D's new injury is? Like others, I was glad to see him back in the starting 11 even though not directly relevant to our major injury concerns, the full back positions.

KCat

Your title screams : Is Hodgsin clutching at straws?

Are you saying that:

Hodgson is drowning ???
  Hodgson  is weak because the TALKS to his captain ????

If you REALLY think the Hodgson is a great manager then you would let him manage
wouldn't you ???...I would .

Three week ago we were in a great place :